Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Gauge opinion [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Gauge opinion

cobrajoe
04-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Going forced induction down the road so my plans are as follows:

AEM's Wide Band Fail-Safe (Shows both A/F(outside ring) and Boost(center Digital)) data logs and can be configured to kill ecu/coil power in a over limit scenario.
Fuel Pressure

Need opinion on third gauge...
Oil Press.
Water Temp.
????

Also does anyone know if the placing the O2 on the Mac Pro-Chamber will give a good signal?

jktruckin06
04-04-2013, 05:25 PM
I'd say oil pressure. Get both if you can make it work. If it's going in the 06 look at speed of sound gauge pods...

mustangjon
04-04-2013, 05:28 PM
I had put my o2 right before the h on my hpipe on lincoln and gave fine reading but technically it is only reading one bank

redfirepearlgt
04-04-2013, 05:29 PM
OIL. If you can find IAT that would be great as well.

BTW - Craig sells a bomb package called Zietronix. Check into it. I had one for redfirepearl and was installing it when I decided to trade it in, so I sold it. He can give you pricing. It is a VERY verstile system that can datalog and all kinds of things. You can add gauges to it and tie them all back to the datalogger. It is NOT and ODBC connection device. These all require their own sensors for each gauge option. Several can monitor and datalog several functions. OH AND MADE IN USA!

cobrajoe
04-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the ideas.. I'll have to check that gauge package out.. but i do like the idea of the fail-safe with AEM....especially after the built short block gets dropped in....:eek:

beefcake
04-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the ideas.. I'll have to check that gauge package out.. but i do like the idea of the fail-safe with AEM....especially after the built short block gets dropped in....:eek:

you could always do a 3 pillar pod, and a center speed of sound pod and go for a 6 pack and get everything, if you really want to know whats going on with the car

cobrajoe
04-05-2013, 07:25 PM
you could always do a 3 pillar pod, and a center speed of sound pod and go for a 6 pack and get everything, if you really want to know whats going on with the car

Terry what do you keep an eye on? I think six would be info overload?

k062693w
04-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Terry what do you keep an eye on? I think six would be info overload?

You can never have to much engine info !!! Just my $.02 ... I agree with Terry on the 6 pack ...

cobrajoe
04-05-2013, 08:11 PM
so six....:confused:

Center pod...
1: AEM Fail-Safe
2: Fuel Press
3: Oil Press

Pillar....
1: Water Temp.
2: IAT
3: ?????

mustangjon
04-05-2013, 08:40 PM
volt maybe?

5.0calypso93lx
04-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Id just do the aem, water and oil and lose the fuel pressure.

redfirepearlgt
04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
so six....:confused:

Center pod...
1: AEM Fail-Safe
2: Fuel Press
3: Oil Press

Pillar....
1: Water Temp.
2: IAT
3: ?????

OIL Temp...

cobrajoe
04-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Id just do the aem, water and oil and lose the fuel pressure.

Wouldn't you want to know if fuel pressure keeping up at boost?:confused:

OIL Temp...
Good idea...:bigthumb

5.0calypso93lx
04-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't you want to know if fuel pressure keeping up at boost?:confused:

Good idea...:bigthumb

If your fuel pump takes a dump no gauge is going to save anything especially if you have 5 other aftermarket gauges to look at. I'm not familiar with the fuel setups on those cars, but most run a mechanical gauge in the car which you use to set base fuel pressure. Any other fuel pressure changes need to be done via the tune. There's a reason you never see any fuel pressure gauges on any stock car.

If you're running boost the wideband should be the closest gauge to your viewing angle followed by a boost gauge. I'd say oil pressure and water temp should be the next in line.

Mista Bone
04-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Anyone make a 52mm shallow mount gauge?

cobrajoe
04-08-2013, 05:14 PM
If your fuel pump takes a dump no gauge is going to save anything especially if you have 5 other aftermarket gauges to look at. I'm not familiar with the fuel setups on those cars, but most run a mechanical gauge in the car which you use to set base fuel pressure. Any other fuel pressure changes need to be done via the tune. There's a reason you never see any fuel pressure gauges on any stock car.

If you're running boost the wideband should be the closest gauge to your viewing angle followed by a boost gauge. I'd say oil pressure and water temp should be the next in line.

The fuel set up is return-less but I do want to switch to return style after a few more mods and money allows

I'll admit it's mostly stock but I buy stuff when I can, so while it may look silly in a mostly stock car it will be in place when the time comes...

The AEM piece is both A/F and Boost in one with the Fail-safe option...