Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
This is what happens when Ford will not deal with you. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when Ford will not deal with you.

fastone
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Well the wife and I have been looking for a new truck. We have a horse trailer when loaded is arond 15-16 grand in weight. So we have been looking for a one ton dually truck. Well Chevy's, way over priced for junk. Ram, not a big fan but price is good. Ford, love them dearly, but when every dealer I have dealt with on a F350 acts like they do, it's off to something else. Every Ford guy, (sorry Beefcake) thinks there truck is the greatest. Well the three I talk about above are about the same for pulling. So when a die hard Ford guy wants to trade in and get a deal on a new one, you would think they would. It was pretty much, here's our truck, here's our price and we think the truck is made out of gold. Well yesterday, I welcomed (pictured below) a black 3500 series Ram dually home. The price could not even be touched by any Ford dealer, plus what I was given on trade in. And Beef, if you want to know, it's equal to an XLT F350 4X4, got it for 39 grand, and yes it is a 2012.

Well sorry, pictures are too big to load. But it is an all black Ram 3500 Crewcab daully. If I can figure out how to load the pics I will get them up soon.

devous1
03-28-2013, 05:13 PM
I've owned several superdutys including a F550 Manning conversion pickup 4x4 crew cab lariot which was absolutely Fn awesome. However it was a 6 liter and I started having issues with it just over 100,000 so I got rid of it. Approx a year later I needed a replacement and really wanted another superduty. Like you pricing was an issue, finding a lightly used 350,450,550 diesel is tough. My biggest issue though was the motors. I absolutely loved the 6.0 till it had issues, then they switched motor like two times in a few years. What does that say to a customer that is about to layout 50-65k for a pickup?

I also ended up buying Dodge 3500 DRW, 06 with a 5.9 and 6spd. The thing was still under warranty and a really good deal. Mine is a stripped down work truck though, doesn't even have cruise. I honestly don't like the truck, but I love the cummins. It could be balls cold out and it will start the first try everytime without being plugged in. I drag a 48' Exxis 2 car trailer with it and it doesn't have any issues with it at all.

cstreu1026
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
I know what you mean but its not just trucks. Yes the new Ford stuff is nice but in my opinion they are close to pricing themselves out of competition. I couldn't justify the $3-4K premium at MSRP for an Explorer over a Mazda CX-9 even with the few things that aren't available on the Mazda like the Sync.

sean
03-28-2013, 09:37 PM
VeryNice. Where DidYou Get It. I Have 2 At My Lot Used. Very Nice Trucks.

beefcake
03-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Well the wife and I have been looking for a new truck. We have a horse trailer when loaded is arond 15-16 grand in weight. So we have been looking for a one ton dually truck. Well Chevy's, way over priced for junk. Ram, not a big fan but price is good. Ford, love them dearly, but when every dealer I have dealt with on a F350 acts like they do, it's off to something else. Every Ford guy, (sorry Beefcake) thinks there truck is the greatest. Well the three I talk about above are about the same for pulling. So when a die hard Ford guy wants to trade in and get a deal on a new one, you would think they would. It was pretty much, here's our truck, here's our price and we think the truck is made out of gold. Well yesterday, I welcomed (pictured below) a black 3500 series Ram dually home. The price could not even be touched by any Ford dealer, plus what I was given on trade in. And Beef, if you want to know, it's equal to an XLT F350 4X4, got it for 39 grand, and yes it is a 2012.

Well sorry, pictures are too big to load. But it is an all black Ram 3500 Crewcab daully. If I can figure out how to load the pics I will get them up soon.

I'm glad your happy with your purchase. I can tell you this, you will always be able to buy a ram cheaper than you can buy a super duty. It just is a fact, by about 3k.

When resell time comes, it's the same thing though, you'll get less for the ram, than you'll get for your a ford. It all washes out in the end.

All that matters is your happy.

fastone
03-29-2013, 06:18 AM
Beef I'm glad you understand, you and I had talked via PM about trucks. And like I said this one was 7-8k cheaper than the Ford I found that was close to it. But even that dealership would only give me 8K trade in on my truck. The Ram dealership gave me over 10k for it. And I'm sure if I buy another Ram it will be from that dealership and I would expect what ever I bought to get a good trade in. That is due to the fact, the truck is sitting in the garage for the most part and my VW beater car is getting all the miles!

And for those who ask where I bought it, it was from Bob Allen Motor Mall in Danville, KY. It's about 2 hours from Cincy but can't beat their deals!

SN95N/A
03-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Cummins are great motors for the rest of the truck well newer one may be better I'm not sure..But I had same issue when I went to trade in my 01 7.3 liter f250 with 100k on it,ford offered me 5500? For it..ford dealerships are one of the biggest rip offs ive ever seen..I traded that truck into a lot and got 10,500 out of it btw..just sayin!!enjoy your new truck.

Blwn Pony
03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Thats the same reason I drove to Buckeye Ford in London Ohio to get my last truck.
And Drive a CTS instead of the SHO I wanted to start

coleary1992
03-30-2013, 12:13 AM
I wish I could get a cummins motor in a ford body with a allison trans...it will happen one day. I think cummins is the only reason dodge has such a great truck. My 92 d250 had 480, 000 miles on it before I sold it, even though it recieved 3 transmissions lol

fastone
03-30-2013, 07:27 AM
I wish I could get a cummins motor in a ford body with a allison trans...it will happen one day. I think cummins is the only reason dodge has such a great truck. My 92 d250 had 480, 000 miles on it before I sold it, even though it recieved 3 transmissions lol

Beginning to find out that the Allison in the GMC/Chevy's are junk. Once you put a little power over stock to them, they are blowing apart. Even happened at the diesel power challenge last year. Everyone with an Allison blewn them apart before the end of their challenges.

SN95N/A
03-30-2013, 07:32 AM
They like to go into limp mode when you throw small power at them.

devous1
03-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Resale value doesn't seem to apply to me. I'm one of those guys that when I'm in the market to buy something the prices are through the roof. When I go to sell the market is dead and I have to give stuff away.

Katmandu
04-01-2013, 10:48 PM
I miss my Cummins..... Worst mistake I ever made was getting rid of it. :(