Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Commercial grade Epoxy Floor coating [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Commercial grade Epoxy Floor coating

leroy93lx
03-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Has anybody had commercial epoxy floor coatings done? I got a quote on having the garage at the house done and have another company coming Tuesday to quote it and go over all the color options. This isn't like the kits you buy at the hardware stores. It's the same stuff they use in alot of dealership service bays and aisle ways in factories. I am just looking to do it once and never touch it again. Anybody have any experience with it? I'm just curious how its holding up. It's the garage attached to our house so it isn't seeing lots of "wear" but if it holds up as it is suppose to I will have the floor in my barn done when it gets built this summer.

Chris Lazzo
03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
What kinds of pricing are you getting? How many sq ft?

It holds up ok for just normal wear and tear...If you plan to tear out engines and use it like most of us car guys do, Well it will last for a few year and look like shit.

If the concrete is clean and looks good I would do a 3 coat clear. It will not show scuffs as easy as colors and oil will clean up nice.

I have a painting company and we offer epoxy. standard two car garage includes etiching and 2 coats of epoxy is around $800 including materals just to give you a idea

leroy93lx
03-10-2013, 05:13 PM
How thick is the process you are doing when completed? The stuff I am looking at is about .250 thick. The company my wife works for has this inside their 910,000 square foot building that sees forklift traffic at all times , machining coolant and shavings and it is holding up great.