Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
My luck... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My luck...

2007ShelbyCobra
03-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Shittiest week ever. Get a ticket at the end of last week, was told I did not need to go to court because it was not 25 mph over (90 in a 65? w/e) so I told the officer alright, sounds good, gave me the ticket, glanced it over and was on my way.... well I go to pay it, and F&%$, the guy #1, told me and incorrectly marked the ticket incorrectly, cleary 90 is 25 over. To make it worse, he wrote it in a 55 mph zone... which doesnt exist anywhere on 675... So ill go to court before work, get in and out, pay my fines, get screwed, oh well.

Well last night (my fault) of course I wanted to test my BRAND NEW tires out on the Taurus and play in the snow for a while. So im out for three hours in several different counties, no problem, on my way home. Pull up to a stop sign in my neighborhood and just roll through it (2 in the morning) then here BOOM BOOM swish swish shwish... wtf??!?!? Did I just break and axle on a big ass chunk of ice or a rock or my wheel bearing? Stop and look, tire is completely flat. Walk behind the car,, and a FREAKING MAN HOLE COVER IS OFF..... :AR15: In the middle of the road, the cap is about 7 feet from it! I didnt see it because there was snowy and wet patches so it looked like a wet patch. Call my dad, he calls the police. I walk home, get my jack, spare wheel/tire and another car. UNBELIEVABLE, I go back to my car to find an officer, and the cover WAS PUT BACK ON when the salt truck driver (it appears this is how the cover was knocked off) made a second pass while I was walking home.... sob... Cop looks at me like im totally full of shit. Then he says if its a tire your probably best just to get a new one, if its more give us a call. He did his report, I changed my tire and on the way. Sure enough driving today it has a nasty wobble and clunk in the front (JUST had a new tie rod end and ball joint put it a month ago) so looks like ill have to get it on a lift and see what all else is screwed....
What a week, unbelievable, I thank God I had some money saved up, but it looks like the stang is never gonna get any goodies if this crap keeps up.
Rant over for now

qwk93ta
03-06-2013, 12:10 PM
That sucks......

adragon72
03-06-2013, 12:25 PM
I know that the plow trucks are huge but wouldn't you notice knocking a man hole cover out? sorry about your luck!!!!

NO SHOT
03-06-2013, 12:27 PM
The good news is if your ticket is marked wrong they might throw it out.The bad news is I had a issue with a manhole lid on my 2500 hd and the city told me to buzz off...:mad:

cstreu1026
03-06-2013, 12:35 PM
90 on 675....you deserved the ticket and court appearance. Sucks about the man hole cover though.

2007ShelbyCobra
03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Im not happy about the ticket on 675, but it was my fault. I downshifted into 3rd before an off ramp and sure enough a cruiser was sitting somewhere I didnt see. It just irritates me the officer accidentally told me wrong, and marked the ticket wrong :(

facemelter71
03-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Is no such thing as an accident.

2007ShelbyCobra
04-16-2013, 12:51 AM
in continuation ;) Bought a brand new set of slicks on wednesday last week. I put about 40 street miles on them, just driving short distances and doing some test launches the past few days. Well.... Saturday night I come home and park it in the garage, sunday morning my left slick is flat on the rim. FREAKING MORON ROOFERS THAT WE TOLD TO BE CAREFUL WITH NAILS LEFT THREE ROOFING NAILS IN THE DRIVEWAY, one of which found its way into my tire... F**k. They only patched a spot too, not some big job for hours, just a patch and they were that careless.

With the whole pot hole thing, still waiting on the check for that.... they are paying for it, but run around after run around as far as actually getting the check.

Anyone know if a slick can be patched? Or do I need to buy a tube now?

Whyucryn
04-16-2013, 01:12 AM
A tube would probably be fine. I don't know how well a patch would work with the way slicks wrinkle so much

m347
04-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Put a tube in it. It will be fine. Make sure you put lots of baby powder inside the tire first to alow the tube slide around on the sidewalls when they wrinkle or it will rub a hole in the tube.

Katmandu
04-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear of all your bad luck man. Sometimes shit comes in batches like that.

I would rather deal with mechanical shit than with psycho-human being shit. It's gone rampant in our society and getting worse. :rolleyes:

Is no such thing as an accident.You're exactly right. especially when it comes to DUIs. They are all crashes. Not accidents. :bigthumb

2007ShelbyCobra
04-16-2013, 10:47 PM
thanks whyucryn and m347, called jegs today and they said the same thing. Costly nail, needs a $60 tube and screws to hold it... and if im doing one side im gonna do the other

MustangChuck
04-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Did they still charge you for the ticket? It wouldnt surprise me if they threw it out if you provided the evidence that there is no 55 mph speed limit zone on the road in question.