Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
THE FUTURE OF STANGBANGERZ DEPENDS ON YOU!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : THE FUTURE OF STANGBANGERZ DEPENDS ON YOU!!!

05yellowgt
02-20-2013, 12:00 PM
We have come to a crossroads with the site. As some of you may know, I was able to provide free hosting of SBZ (and DaytonStangboard) with my previous employer when they acquired an ISP by the name of Siscom. Justin and Mike Bell provided equipment, Justin is the main brains behind keeping the servers up and running and I tried to maintain the day to day Admin operations for Holly.

It wasn't a perfect setup as we did experience issues with email and or site availability from time to time, but for a free service I think it served the site(s) pretty well.

At the beginning of 2012 the company I worked for was purchased and at the end of 2012 they sold off the Siscom ISP. We experienced an outage due to the new owners shutting down the facility and Justin was great in talking to the new owners and getting an agreement together to let us temporarily bring our servers back online while we figured out what to do.

This brings us to our where we are today. For January and February Justin and Mike have been paying to keep the site up. While we should be grateful that they have stepped up to do this, it isn't something that they can continue to do moving forward. The total costs to keep the site up and running come out to around $850/year between the ISP, renewing the domain, and keeping the site legal by keeping the VBulletin license up to date.

I've been speaking to Holly and she has informed me that the site hasn't received any sponsor money for quite some time. The SBZ Paypal account might see $20-30 a year and that has come from purchases of SBZ stickers. In order to keep the site running we are going to need help from our members.

We are working to get the donation button back up and running so that people can donate if you feel the urge to do so. Holly will be speaking to each of the vendors to see if they are willing to renew their sponsorship and we will also be entertaining ideas on how we can raise funds to keep the site running. Shutting Stangbangerz down is the last thing that we want to do but that will happen if we are unable find a solution.

We all know this site has changed drastically over the years and to be honest, it isn't what it used to be. It may never be the place it was again for obvious reasons, but it can still be a great place for us to get together and hang out with other like minded gear heads.

Holly will be on tonight to put add her thoughts as she can't access the site from work these days. I wanted to go ahead and get this up so that people can see it. We'll keep everyone updated as we get the donation button back and active and work on other ways to save the site. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hate for this to be a such a negative sounding message, but I hope we can take this as a point to stop the skid and start moving the site back in the right direction.

5.0calypso93lx
02-20-2013, 12:16 PM
I think it'd be cool to do another set of stickers. Also just let us know where the donate button is. I'm sure if most of the regulars chip in $10-20 we'll have that $850 covered easy.

05yellowgt
02-20-2013, 12:19 PM
I think it'd be cool to do another set of stickers. Also just let us know where the donate button is. I'm sure if most of the regulars chip in $10-20 we'll have that $850 covered easy.
We are working to get that back up soon. We see about 1,000 unique visitors/month so if we could even get $1 for each of them we'd be golden.

k062693w
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
I thought Beefcake gave $100 for every SBZ that bought a car from him ???

Where did that money go ??? Or is that no longer the deal ???

And I know a couple of people on here have offered to buy the site, But were shot down ...

KB1
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm down:bigthumb

coleary1992
02-20-2013, 12:25 PM
I'd be willing to chip in 20 bucks. Hell I like the forums better then facebook anyhow

dsmawd350
02-20-2013, 12:27 PM
I constantly see people thanking a certain vendor for their purchase. And they advertise a 100 dollar referral to sbz for every sale..hmmm

dsmawd350
02-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Tree'd.....

mustang_gt88
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
I would be down with a donation

05yellowgt
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
I thought Beefcake gave $100 for every SBZ that bought a car from him ???

Where did that money go ??? Or is that no longer the deal ???

And I know a couple of people on here have offered to buy the site, But were shot down ...

I constantly see people thanking a certain vendor for their purchase. And they advertise a 100 dollar referral to sbz for every sale..hmmm

Holly has stated to me that she will not be selling the site now or in the future. SBZ domain and trademarks will stay with her.

I don't want to go into any specifics with any vendors. Any transactions go straight to Holly either by check or Pay-Pal account. There are no go betweens. I don't want this to become a witch hunt or mud slinging match against anyone. To be honest as a group we've been relaxed on the vendors for quite a while and that was partly because the costs to run the site were quite low because of the free hosting.

We are going to speak with each of the current vendors, see if they are willing to renew their agreements and go from there.

evil8
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
LS1 Swap ISP.

Walter
02-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Lets swap out Chuck with an LS1.

k062693w
02-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Holly has stated to me that she will not be selling the site now or in the future. SBZ domain and trademarks will stay with her.

So let the site possibly go down the tubes just to retain the name ???

2Fast4You
02-20-2013, 01:40 PM
I want to see this site stay up and running.

1987LXVert
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I'd be willing to chip in the $20 no problem. Would like to keep it up and running. Just let us know what to do!!

SN95N/A
02-20-2013, 01:55 PM
I will chip in

rtvickers
02-20-2013, 02:02 PM
I don't have a problem donating just tell me how and how much. I visit SBZ multiple times a day and enjoy it. I'd hate to see it go. I've met some great people from here and made some good friendships.

90fastgt
02-20-2013, 02:07 PM
It drove me nuts the couple times it went an i couldnt get on let alone if it where gone for good i font want to see it go ne where

beefcake
02-20-2013, 02:07 PM
The program we have here is still in tact and working and we do our fair share to support the site.

I do think, if other vendors aren't paying there share. Their sections and abilities to post as vendors, should be ceased immediately.

That's how it works anywhere else.

facemelter71
02-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Can we possibly re-think the price of vendor's? I went to my "higher ups" at work and I got laughed at the last time I talked to you Jon through Pm's.

I have said multiple times how you can achieve the payment for the board and renewal fee's.

I took this from another forum.
Annual Supporting Membership not only enables you to do more on _______, but also gives you the Annual Supporting Member badge next to all of your posts that tracks how long you've been a subscriber.

This particular website charges 29.95 a year. But they also have about 10 times more people traffic than we do.

dsmawd350
02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
So vendors are saying they are paying but holly says she didnt see a dime last year?

05yellowgt
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
So vendors are saying they are paying but holly says she didnt see a dime last year?
I can't speak to any specifics as Holly handles all of the financials related with the site and the last thing I want to do is to start speculating.

331lx
02-20-2013, 02:47 PM
I visit the site multiple times daily, don't wanna see it go anywhere, where is the donate button, I'm sure most of us will chip in

04 Venom
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
I will contribute.

akagreg3
02-20-2013, 03:05 PM
love my SBZ good ppl and friends

lol make ppl donate 10% of profits from anything that sale on SBZ, but seriously add a donate button and a money management/accountant, i love this site and would be happy to donate what little money i can, but if its not going in the right place to keep the site up and running why would i bother?

beefcake
02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
I pay $50 a month for S197, and a little more for SVTP. Those are national sites that generate alot more revenue.

I don't think a local site is entitled to the same $ amount a much larger site gets.

However, $29.95 is way too low for a local based site.

The majority of traffic here is local, and a good portion of the people buy local. So there is value there.

If you are a vendor, and think you can only give $30 a year. Then you aren't generating business from the site, and shouldn't be here anyway.

In the end, the site is a business, and should be treated as such.

Especially for the time, and headache that a board usually generates, for the owner, I have no problem with them making some $ to deal with said headache.

As a business, there are other expenses such as bank accounts, accountants, etc...

If your advertising or selling, you should be helping out.

akagreg3
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM
craigslist does not have the .com after there name... not sure where they make their moneys from? venders most likely.

ebay has the .com after there name and it coast 3% or something of every sell, pay before you post.

5.0calypso93lx
02-20-2013, 03:30 PM
I pay $50 a month for S197, and a little more for SVTP. Those are national sites that generate alot more revenue.

I don't think a local site is entitled to the same $ amount a much larger site gets.

The majority of traffic here is local, and a good portion of the people buy local. So there is value there.

If you are a vendor, and think you can only give $30 a year. Then you aren't generating business from the site, and shouldn't be here anyway.

Especially for the time, and headache that a board usually generates, for the owner, I have no problem with them making some $ to deal with said headache.

As a business, there are other expenses such as bank accounts, accountants, etc...

Bolded is where I think you're wrong. I don't feel this site was ever created to be a business. Just seems to me like it's all about money to you. Pretty sad really.

facemelter71
02-20-2013, 04:12 PM

For regular people (NOT VENDORS) 20 bucks a year is great.
The VENDOR prices are a little high.

The website I got the idea from for supporting members (regular people,not vendors) is larger than SBZ and SVT put together. And that site runs great.

draggin50
02-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Whatever happened to the shirts and stickers? Those would generate some money even if it was only a few dollars. Ive tried to get a shirt for years with no luck at all.

Either way Id chip in some money. Im here about everyday and when its down I go through withdraws!

facemelter71
02-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Whatever happened to the shirts and stickers? Those would generate some money even if it was only a few dollars. Ive tried to get a shirt for years with no luck at all.

Either way Id chip in some money. Im here about everyday and when its down I go through withdraws!

What size shirt you wear?

duststang
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM
I would be ok with throwing something down where is the donate button?

leroy93lx
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM
How much do I have pay to get my own Ban Hammer? That would be money well spent!

Goober
02-20-2013, 04:50 PM
How much do I have pay to get my own Ban Hammer? That would be money well spent!

I'd give about tree fiddy to have Ackbar back!

1986GT
02-20-2013, 05:03 PM

Thats what I was thinking.:confused:

1986GT
02-20-2013, 05:05 PM
So let the site possibly go down the tubes just to retain the name ???

I was thinking this too.:confused:

1986GT
02-20-2013, 05:07 PM
As akagreg3 said. I am willing to donate no problem but I wanna know its going to the site. I love it here.

cobraman302
02-20-2013, 05:43 PM
I have so many problems with what's going on here, that I am not going to even bother typing them out. I think I need more time, mainly because I am a slow typer lol. Priorities are all out of wack.

beefcake
02-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Bolded is where I think you're wrong. I don't feel this site was ever created to be a business. Just seems to me like it's all about money to you. Pretty sad really.

it's not all about money to me.

But for Holly, it is a business. There are banks, accountants, etc... involved. It is very much a business.

Without money, the site does not run. It has to come from somewhere.

beefcake
02-20-2013, 05:49 PM
For regular people (NOT VENDORS) 20 bucks a year is great.
The VENDOR prices are a little high.

The website I got the idea from for supporting members (regular people,not vendors) is larger than SBZ and SVT put together. And that site runs great.

I got you. I see what your saying. Like a "supporting member".

I have seen that on some sites, and have contributed as well to some of those sites that I really like.

That is a good idea

blown86lx
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
I think it is a great idea to have it where it shows you are a supporting member under your screen name. I would donate in a heartbeat, this is my favorite forum for the most part everyone is great and it just seems like we are more of a family here and I love that about this site. Even though I have not personally met most of you I fell like a know most of you. I think for $15 bucks you could have a SUPPORTING MEMBER or PROUD MEMBER text below your screen name to show who helps keep the site up and running. Let us know where to donate and im in!

2007ShelbyCobra
02-20-2013, 06:11 PM
I would never make someone pay to be a member. Vendors should obviously have a fee, and I personally think a small fee to view the For Sale sections wouldnt be a bad idea? Stickers, T Shirts, Hoodies are all a great way to spread the name and get some revenue.

Holly
02-20-2013, 06:13 PM

No, that is not what Holly said. There is one current sponsor that has paid in 2012, a sponsor Vinny made a deal with many years ago, and he kept up his end of the deal. The others haven't paid since 2011. I never said I didn't see a dime.

Gene
02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Can we possibly re-think the price of vendor's? I went to my "higher ups" at work and I got laughed at the last time I talked to you Jon through Pm's.

The vendor prices are delusional. When I inquired about being an "authorized vendor" on here, I was told that it would cost $500 a year. If you would consider a more reasonable vendor cost, considering the amount of traffic the board gets and the fact that most of the people on here do their own work, there wouldn't be an issue with getting the $850 a year it costs to keep the board alive.

Hell, I'm sure that Craig, myself, Easy Street, Adam and Mike Bell would all be happy to kick in $200 each for the year. That would keep the board alive and give a couple extra bucks to cover incidentals.

Back in the day we (MD) covered the hosting for the site, and Craig threw Vinny a few bucks and some good parts deals and everyone was happy. I don't want to speak for the other guys without talking to them first, but I would bet we could put together a small consortium of local shops who would be happy to support the board financially.

Holly
02-20-2013, 06:16 PM

Thank you Terry. Well said.

redfirepearlgt
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM
The sale of shirts and stickers would more than cover the annual cost of this. (i am over due for a new shirt LOL) In addition I am also willing to contribute within reason.

Equally important to getting the "contribute button" working again is getting back to clients WANTING to sponsor the site. SBZ had a client last year that was willing to pay sponsorship but could never get through to anyone that could/would take their money or set it up. So they gave up. This does nothing for the site.

I'm sure there are other people equally interested in sponsorships or renewing sponsorships that would pay but have had no means of a person to send the payment.

I have made a lot of good friends and acquaintances on this site. I enjoy most every aspect of it. It is great to see people get out, great to socialize in the winter on line when weather sux, great to get advise, swap parts, buy/sell, tell tall stories, laugh and joke.

Holly
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM
The vendor prices are delusional. When I inquired about being an "authorized vendor" on here, I was told that it would cost $500 a year. If you would consider a more reasonable vendor cost, considering the amount of traffic the board gets and the fact that most of the people on here do their own work, there wouldn't be an issue with getting the $850 a year it costs to keep the board alive.

So you are saying Vinny was delusional? Because that is what he charged, HE made that price, many years ago. That's how he built that race car - he had vendors, he had cruise-ins, he sold shirts, stickers, etc., anything he could to make extra money, and I helped him.

Gene
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
So you are saying Vinny was delusional? Because that is what he charged, HE made that price, many years ago. That's how he built that race car - he had vendors, he had cruise-ins, he sold shirts, stickers, etc., anything he could to make extra money, and I helped him.

I'm saying $500 a year in 2011/12 was insanely high for a local board. There's a reason why everyone stopped being paid vendors at that point.

Think about what the site traffic was in 2006. Not to mention the general economic conditions. He could charge that amount because the site traffic and the people who were visiting could justify it. Also, Vinny worked side deals with everyone. MD never paid cash for advertising while I was involved...we just provided him with hosting and deals on stuff.

The fact that this thread had to be created at all shows that there isn't a market for vendors at $500 a year, otherwise everyone who is currently listed would have reupped.

BuckeyeAlex
02-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I haven't been around long, but it seems to me like the main issue is management of the site and not a lack of sponsors/members willing to help out.

If the owner can't keep up or doesn't have the desire to, why not hand it off to somebody who does?

1986GT
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Gene has a simple cut and dry plan that would save the site no problem. I don't think he was saying Vinny was delusional. Lets not get crazy here.

beefcake
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
holly does have to pay taxes on anything the site makes too

keep that in mind

Dtony
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
I am fairly new to this site but enjoy having something local that gets a lot of traffic. It has been a great way for me to meet locals after moving here a couple of years ago.
I am definitely on board to pay some money to keep it going.

331lx
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
lets do shirts i need one

dsmawd350
02-20-2013, 06:54 PM
No, that is not what Holly said. There is one current sponsor that has paid in 2012, a sponsor Vinny made a deal with many years ago, and he kept up his end of the deal. The others haven't paid since 2011. I never said I didn't see a dime.

i've been speaking to Holly and she has informed me that the site hasn't received any sponsor money for quite some time..

Maybe i read wrong

'92Stang
02-20-2013, 07:19 PM
According to Johns original post, the operating costs for the site are $850 p/year. Which averages out to roughly $70 p/month. Seems between responsible vendors, and stickers/t-shirt/hoodie sales it should be easy to a achieve????

05yellowgt
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Sorry I wasn't specific. Quite some time being 6 months. We have reached out to vendors to continue their sponsorship and in several cases never received a response back. It wasn't a crisis since we started the free hosting. The point of the thread isn't to point blame or anything of the sort. I'm hoping this can be a jumping off point to make things better. I for one stopped coming to the site unless it was offline because my pm box is constantly filled with "why can't I post for sale ads" among other reasons. I will admit I've neglected things because I let myself become very negative about the site. I couldn't bring myself to tell Holly I was done because I knew I would regret stepping away. Life has also changed many of my personal priorities. The mustang is gone, I have two beautiful 2 year old daughters and my career has finally taken off. Having said all that I don't want to see this site go away and I still want to be a part of running it and hopefully return it to some of its former glory.

Blackout
02-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Ok, I didn't want to say anything, buy the numbers just didn't add up. If I am missing something why in the world would the basic upkeep be so high for keeping the servers up and running?

vBulletin = $400 one time fee when first bought (this is for lifetime support and lifetime license)

Servers space = $150/year for unlimited everything (servers, bandwith, emails and 3 domains).

I'm not trying to step on toes, I am just trying to understand that site a little more.

jktruckin06
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Let "sponsoring members" have animated avatars to the tune of 20 bucks a year or something... Slang some shirts and stickers... Make the vendors cough up their payments...

Holly I will still help with shirts, could probably get 5-10 dollars per shirt to you.

05yellowgt
02-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Ok, I didn't want to say anything, buy the numbers just didn't add up. If I am missing something why in the world would the basic upkeep be so high for keeping the servers up and running?

vBulletin = $400 one time fee when first bought (this is for lifetime support and lifetime license)

Servers space = $150/year for unlimited everything (servers, bandwith, emails and 3 domains).

I'm not trying to step on toes, I am just trying to understand that site a little more.

We pay the yearly for the vbulletin software. I don't think they offer the lifetime license anymore, but I could be wrong. The share for this sites hosting is about $50/month. If you have a deal on unlimited bandwidth on a dedicated server instead of being on an overloaded VM server with let me know and we will consider it. The balance of the $850/year estimation is a guess on my part on what holly pays to register the domain.

draggin50
02-20-2013, 08:10 PM
What size shirt you wear?

Im a about a large!

skenny19
02-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Will the shirts come in big kid sizes

Gene
02-20-2013, 08:14 PM
holly does have to pay taxes on anything the site makes too

keep that in mind

Only on profits in excess of expenses.

If she wants to run the site as a business, that's great. I don't think anyone would begrudge her from making a few dollars off the deal. That's what this country is all about...she provides a service that people like, she deserves to make money at it.

The problem arises when there is little to no transparency about where the money is going. If the Administration would come out and say that this is a media company and we have the right to make a profit, I'd say fine. But they pretend that this is a public service and that no one is making money. But like others have pointed out, the numbers just don't add up.

Bandwidth is cheap. I pay about $100/year for my hosting, unlimited storage and bandwidth (and a SSL certificate). VBulletin no longer has a yearly license, it's a one-time fee. A domain costs about $15 a year or less.

The "accounting" for a enterprise like this shouldn't be more than about $100 from any accountant. Most accountants would do the taxes for a project this size for the same price as one's personal taxes, no extra charge.

Like I said, either call it a business or call it a non-profit. I like the site either way. Just don't pretend to be both. I am willing to support the site as a vendor for a reasonable price, and I'll support the site as a "supporting member".

leroy93lx
02-20-2013, 08:18 PM
If the vendor pricing is $500 per year, why not just cut it to $250. I can think of 10 vendors pretty quick that I think would jump all over that. Then for the regular members who want to help, make them "supporting members". Get T-shirts and make some profit margin. It seems to me that people will be more than willing to keep it going. As Beef said, If there are vendors out there that can't afford $250-500 a year in advertising they are doing something wrong. Bad economy or not. Get the vendors lined up and set it up on an automatic withdrawl annually , quarterly...... Whatever is good for both parties. If the time comes and it is fair, I may be interested in buying this place!

lxenvy
02-20-2013, 08:21 PM
According to Johns original post, the operating costs for the site are $850 p/year. Which averages out to roughly $70 p/month. Seems between responsible vendors, and stickers/t-shirt/hoodie sales it should be easy to a achieve????

Also thinking this!

Sorry I wasn't specific. Quite some time being 6 months. We have reached out to vendors to continue their sponsorship and in several cases never received a response back. It wasn't a crisis since we started the free hosting. The point of the thread isn't to point blame or anything of the sort. I'm hoping this can be a jumping off point to make things better. I for one stopped coming to the site unless it was offline because my pm box is constantly filled with "why can't I post for sale ads" among other reasons. I will admit I've neglected things because I let myself become very negative about the site. I couldn't bring myself to tell Holly I was done because I knew I would regret stepping away. Life has also changed many of my personal priorities. The mustang is gone, I have two beautiful 2 year old daughters and my career has finally taken off. Having said all that I don't want to see this site go away and I still want to be a part of running it and hopefully return it to some of its former glory.

I understand. But wouldnt it be a good idea to pass the torch? Again I understand ur POV times/things change. Just thinking it would be better to have someone at the wheel who will drive the car, Know what I mean?

I dont have a problem chipping in a few bucks. But the comment was made earlier that the site will go down before they sell it. Why not sell it to someone who will keep the wheels spinning?? Damn shame all this might come to an end. If it gets shut down then what??? Bangerz will be a thing of the past! Thats awesome:screwy:

k062693w
02-20-2013, 08:32 PM
I got tired of asking for shirts, hoodies, stickers, etc ...
It seemed to go nowhere ...

lxenvy
02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
OK I have read this post a few times now. Am I missing something??? Is there money being made but its just not being spent on the site???

lxenvy
02-20-2013, 08:34 PM
;)

Ditto, The last sticker I got from the site was from Vinny at his house. When I sold the car it was on I damn near pulled the back window so I could keep it!

facemelter71
02-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Draggin, I have a xxl sbz white shirt that doesn't fit me, cause I'm fat. You can have it. Envy, I have a small SBZ sticker upstairs. That's all it says is SBZ. You can have it. I want to help, and I think supporting members is the way to go. Along with cheaper vendor rates.

05yellowgt
02-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Also thinking this!

I understand. But wouldnt it be a good idea to pass the torch? Again I understand ur POV times/things change. Just thinking it would be better to have someone at the wheel who will drive the car, Know what I mean?

I dont have a problem chipping in a few bucks. But the comment was made earlier that the site will go down before they sell it. Why not sell it to someone who will keep the wheels spinning?? Damn shame all this might come to an end. If it gets shut down then what??? Bangerz will be a thing of the past! Thats awesome:screwy:
I promised holly I would help run things as long as she needed me. If she wants someone else to take the reins I will graciously step down.

2Fast4You
02-20-2013, 09:45 PM
XL here please.

lxenvy
02-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Draggin, I have a xxl sbz white shirt that doesn't fit me, cause I'm fat. You can have it. Envy, I have a small SBZ sticker upstairs. That's all it says is SBZ. You can have it. I want to help, and I think supporting members is the way to go. Along with cheaper vendor rates.

:bigthumb

I promised holly I would help run things as long as she needed me. If she wants someone else to take the reins I will graciously step down.

Is someone else willing to take ur place and with the know how?? Hope I didnt upset u. Might just be better for the site and urself?!?! Just speaking out loud.

05yellowgt
02-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Is someone else willing to take ur place and with the know how?? Hope I didnt upset u. Might just be better for the site and urself?!?! Just speaking out loud.
No you didn't offend me at all. I'm not the only admin on the site now, and haven't been for a while, which is fine with me. Its Holly's decision in the end as it is her site.

Brandon Alsept
02-20-2013, 10:07 PM
I know if it was $150-$200 range that Easy Street would join on. I am guessing Tumser would as well at those prices. I am also guessing that Beefcake would as well , now one more vendor and the site is paid for the year.

Goober
02-20-2013, 10:10 PM
We pay the yearly for the vbulletin software. I don't think they offer the lifetime license anymore, but I could be wrong. The share for this sites hosting is about $50/month. If you have a deal on unlimited bandwidth on a dedicated server instead of being on an overloaded VM server with let me know and we will consider it. The balance of the $850/year estimation is a guess on my part on what holly pays to register the domain.

http://www.fatcow.com/

Unlimited disc and bandwidth, not sure if it's a "dedicated" server, but for $4/mo it wouldn't hurt looking into.

Black Horse
02-20-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm in to support as needed. To be transparent with everyone, my Vendor status is predicated on sticker sales. I supply all of the SBZ stickers and mailing for free, all the funds go directly to SBZ. The more stickers sold, the more money in the SBZ coffers.

With that said, I would be happy to whip up a new sticker design, unique from anything in the past. The problem with new stickers and t-shirts is coming up with a design everyone likes - I have a t-shirt design ready to go to press, but there needs to be agreement on the design and how the sales are handled (t-shirt sales are a pain in the ass).

5.0calypso93lx
02-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Do it up Dave!!

Goober
02-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah Dave, I've been a 'Banger for 7 years and still have no swag to show off! Let's get this ball rolling!

Black Horse
02-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah Dave, I've been a 'Banger for 7 years and still have no swag to show off! Let's get this ball rolling!

It's not like you guys haven't had the opportunity - sticker swag has been available all along.....

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51371

evil8
02-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Tshirts are gravy. I put out 2 designs for XOS, waited for opinions, then put out both!

Black Horse
02-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Here was my latest shirt design......anyone interested in something like this?

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Graphics/Banners-and-Misc-Graphics/i-QSV983J/0/M/2012horsehead-M.jpg

leroy93lx
02-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Killer Coatings
Cincy Speed
Dayton Performance
Beefcake
Easy Street
S&M
Zimmer Fab
Modular Depot

There are your initial fees and a little to boot. These are just the ones that came to mind instantly. Add in about 5-10 others and you are rolling.

Stangman
02-20-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm also part of a Lincoln forum, and it's "gold" members pay a $40 per year membership fee. That gives them access to special parts of the forum that regular "non paying" members can't see (IE boobies/NSFW/members only sections/etc). This also entitles them to special forum stickers/shirts/etc in the forum store not available for non paying members.

Donation button is also great... someone has an extra couple of bucks it would be a great way to say Thank You to a forum thats brought soo many people together over the years.

Fund raisng events.... Donation boxe @ spring and fall cruise-in, 50/50 raffle where half goes to the forum, and half to a winning member... But, we'd have to start the cruise-in's again ;) We could do something with an annual drag race.... Remember Powerfest?

Stickers and T-shirts/hoodies.... If everyone would have bought ALL of the ones they said they would buy, Holly wouldnt have been stuck with an assload of them and we probably would have had another run of those.... I for one, miss the hats. I love hats and tshirts.

Vendor fees.... a reasonable fee needs to also be considered... now I know this place probably doesnt draw the business to local vendors like it probably used to, so I'm not so sure how effective a large fee to be a vendor would be, especially if a vendor isnt getting the business. Just some thoughts.

I'm down for whatever, I love this place, I'd hate to see it go. Met many great friends here and have practically accumulated every part for my project cars on here... dunno what I'd do without it frankly.

Katmandu
02-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Donation button is also great... someone has an extra couple of bucks it would be a great way to say Thank You to a forum thats brought soo many people together over the years. This item alone will generate a chunk of change. :bigthumb

331lx
02-20-2013, 11:23 PM
i need one of them when can we order so we can get this dam site paid for

TooFast98Cobra
02-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Im not local but check in multiple times a day. Id kick up some scratch no problem if needed
My local forum sucks.

draggin50
02-20-2013, 11:49 PM

Thanks but I think that will be too big for me. Ive been waiting this long so Im sure I can hold out!

mad max
02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Whatever i can do to help , let me know . Would be lost without this place and its people . Lots of good people here and i think thats what vinny envisioned for this site.

gouldstang
02-20-2013, 11:58 PM
I'd be willing to donate some money.....

Adam@S&MMotorsports
02-21-2013, 12:17 AM
How can you complain about not being paid by vendors when you did not contact all of us? Maybe a PM with details showing us what we are getting for our money? Terry you are right this is a business, I own a business as well and I do not blindly write checks. I agree with Gene vendors fees are a little high for a local board, especially when we get the same service at Extremestreetcars.com for much less. I would be happy to sponsor this site again if the terms were right. Blaming vendors for not paying when they were NOT asked to is total bullshit. If this is a business then please act like one and send me an estimate or a f*cking invoice ;)

Katmandu
02-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Im not local but check in multiple times a day. Id kick up some scratch no problem if needed
My local forum sucks.You're from Pittsburgh....You're not allowed here!

J/K fellow Yinzer! :lol: I'm from Greensburg! Glad to have you here! :bigthumb

maverick
02-21-2013, 01:45 AM
Just a thought, but how about a early spring get together. Kind of like a charity event to raise money for this situation?

Mista Bone
02-21-2013, 03:05 AM
Dave if you need help in distribution I'm in Millville 6 days a week now. I pick up at Agri-Pet and usually Lodder's Animal Clinic but I do not run the east side like I used to, sorry Gene/Brian.

Flame suit on, this one will get HOT!

I know NKYFBA was looking to expand their namesake to include all GM's IIRC, why not find a way to combine the two forums into something that can generate income on it's own to self sustain itself.

$500 Vendor fee might be OK if you have a HUGE store front but for someone like me just getting started, ain't no way I can afford that. I'm not even a vendor on a website that has 10-15 times the traffic we have here.

My rant....

Vinny liked anything fast and those that did their own wrenching. Got to the track to HAVE FUN doing what we all love. No mistaking he loved his Stangs, I love then as well but no Camaro/Trans Am/laughable Honda on giggle juice was shunned. OK we/I took some ribbing but we are out there to have fun no matter the make. If someone breaks, no matter the make, we help them to make the next round, even if they just beat us in a pedalfest.

In memory of the great men that shape who I am, My dad, Vinny, and Pops Wakeling watch this....

http://youtu.be/WXU3N9wT3u0

1/24 Pops Wakeling
2/7 Vinny
2/21 My Dad

DSSKing68
02-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Combine forums?? Are you high?

T-shirt, hoodies, and hat sales would generate a lot of $$. Pre-pay sales only. That would take care of the asshats that said they wanted items but never paid for them.

I think 250 a year is a more than fair vendor fee. If I had a business, I would gladly pay that seeing the customers it generates here. I am sure you would recoop that money quickly.

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 07:49 AM

:) :popcorn:

facemelter71
02-21-2013, 08:12 AM
We need input from higher ups on this. We can all bullshit and bicker back and forth for 40 pages,we need holly or Jon to say make it happen.

700hp04mystic
02-21-2013, 08:28 AM
I like this site more then most and would be glad to kick in on the fees to see it stay up and running. the people on here seem to be honest and helpful from what ive seen since I have been on here. id be in for some shirts for me and my son so don't forget the little guys and gals when they get made.

cobraman302
02-21-2013, 08:42 AM
I would also be more than happy to pay up some cash to help a site last. But, I also get the impression that based on the money thats being given to the site through vendors, it should be able to maintain itself. Where are the numbers? Are we like the shareholders and kind of deserve to see the numbers before we throw money at a site owner that seems to be unable to manage the site currently?

All I am saying is this...I know finances, I don't know website design or costs to maintain a board. But the numbers aren't adding up AT ALL here. But there are 30 or more people waiting in line to still pay money to keep this site going? I see more proof of mismanagement than I do of money shortage. Personal opinion, because complete facts have not been given.

98stangv6
02-21-2013, 09:04 AM
I would be willing to pay a premium price for some shirts and stickers!

05yellowgt
02-21-2013, 09:24 AM
I don't know of any mismanagement going on. For that matter, I don't have any visibility into the financials. Justin and I handle the hosting details (servers, DNS configs, software configs, etc). I have controlled the config of the VBulletin site from inside its GUI, while Justin has handled the back end stuff. I have attempted to coordinate reaching out to vendors and created a small PDF file that was distributed to current and former vendors. This hasn't gone out in a while because there was such poor response. I'd have to go back into the site emails but I sent out info in 2010 and 2011, not sure if I bothered in 2012 because of lack of response in the former year. That could be due to the price of the membership fees which were set and approved by Holly. When someone signs up to be a vendor they are sent directly to her to handle the payment arrangements.

I do know that the site is setup and run as a business from a tax perspective. It has to be in order to be legal. It has been that way from YEARS ago when Vinny set it up. I don't think that anyone is trying to say that this is a non-profit site. I need to speak with Holly to see what comes next.

I do know that we are working to get the donation button up and It won't be a problem at all to setup a "Supporting Member" group where you will get a banner to go under your name showing you are a supporting member. If you guys want some members only section of the board created, that can be done as well.

Talking about Vbulletin and hosting. You are right that it is $400 to buy a new license of Vbulleting Software. That gets you the current version you are on, but doesn't cover any future upgrades. We've been on the same version of VB since I got involved but I want to keep the site up to date. We are very behind the times as far as features that we can offer (Tapatalk integration and Facebook integration to name just two). As the site moves forward I'd like to keep use more up to date and modern on what features can be offered as well as staying up to date on the VB version itself. That costs about $200 for an upgrade each time a new version of VB comes out. Whether that happens every year, every other year, or whatever is anyone's guess but VB is pretty good at doing major version upgrades every couple of years. So it isn't as if we pay one time and will never have to spend a time on the forum software again. As for hosting, I have had poor experiences with using shared hosted for VB forums in the past. The site doesn't take up a ton of ram, or use a lot of processing power, but VB is very sensitive to any delays in SQL performance. This means not going with the standard, and very affordable, hosting rates that have been quoted here, you need to make use of a VPS, or dedicated server hosting environment. You won't get that for any less than what our costs are now. Justin could go into more details than I, but we have a fully dedicated server running VM instances of our server, email, and a dedicated SAN backup solution for the whole thing. Justin is a VMWare specialist at his day job and he has us setup with very nicely from a hardware perspective.

We'll take looks at other options still, but I don't want to move to something just because it is cheap.

facemelter71
02-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Sweet. The supporting member tag and money button will work out great.

What about updating the MODS? And im not talking about Jon or Beefcake,im talking about the mods that havent been on here in a few years.

05yellowgt
02-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Refreshing the Mods is probably a good idea. I try not to make decisions like that unilaterally so we'll have a current discussion with the current admins and mods that are active and go from there.

Stangman
02-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Thats a good point. Sometimes I go back thru my old threads looking for something and see old names that are mods that no longer frequent the site.... And, well, it even shows at the bottom of each thread who the mod is.

Goober
02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
I feel that the membership on this site does a fairly good job of self moderating, aside from a few political issues and some fore sale threads gone amuck.

bbfstanger
02-21-2013, 11:45 AM
it would be nice if the site was owned by a mustang enthusiast that actually participated in events and had a stang.
150-200 to be a vendor seems fair to me. why so much to be one now?

Moody
02-21-2013, 12:04 PM
honestly I cant think why this site isn't making money. ask vendors to pay 250 dollars a year, that right there will get the money to run this place. then the donate button, and 50 bucks to become a supporting member and supporting members get a discount from vendors and we get a few areas that regular members cant use. Give the supporting members lets say a hat and sticker, when we make the Tshits have the vendors logo on it. Maybe if we get a support members only area we can sell some guns... I work at a gun store and we bring in 50k a month im sure if this place gets gun friendly I can pitch in more money. How much do you think we could make raffling off some car parts or an AR15. I know how to make a customer feel special and to keep them coming back. this place is a business and us members and vendors are customers I see alot of good ideals floating around all else fail lets put it to a vote. Lets vote on vendors fees supporting member fees and vote on who gets ban. but thats just my .02

k062693w
02-21-2013, 12:34 PM
it would be nice if the site was owned by a mustang enthusiast that actually participated in events and had a stang.
150-200 to be a vendor seems fair to me. why so much to be one now?

:bigthumb I'm with ... Well you know !!! :lol:

Rick93coupe
02-21-2013, 01:24 PM

I'd pay good money for a high quality SBZ hoody with heavy materials. The last DD hoody I saw was really thin and not very warm.

facemelter71
02-21-2013, 02:15 PM
50 is a steep price to pay to be a supporting member. That is enough diesel fuel to get me through the week. 20 bucks is plenty. Like I said earlier,its 29.95 at another site I visit that will usually see about 10 times what we do in a month.

Supporting members are also looked at to be "good to go" as far as selling and buying and giving "your word" on some thing. It tends to carry a little more weight.

Supporting members get a banner under or next to there name and maybe a small SBZ sticker every year they renew.

05yellowgt
02-21-2013, 02:32 PM
We'll figure out a reasonable deal with the supporting member thing. As far as I am concerned it looks like a done deal to me, though of course there is always the internal checks that are gone through.

We still get about 1,000 unique visitors a month to this site and this is what I could consider the dead times compared to what things used to be. Let's table the supporting member thing for the moment and look for another thread dedicated to that to come from me or one of the other admins in the coming future.

Black Horse
02-21-2013, 02:33 PM
How about charging a small fee to advertise your for sale items, maybe a buck or two an ad?

akagreg3
02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
i want a SBZ hoody --(large & black) lol to hide the dirt and grease please, pm me or something

bbfstanger
02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
How about charging a small fee to advertise your for sale items, maybe a buck or two an ad?

that would kill the forsale section forsure!
i agree on the swag ,pay up front!

beefcake
02-21-2013, 02:58 PM
i think the supporting member is a good idea.

I def think if the guys are going to give money. we should move the board to somewhere that can keep things working, like the email reply.

that is my biggest gripe as a member / vendor / admin

if i get busy for 2 days and don't check in and come to find someone pm'd me about a car, it looks like i didn't care enough to take the time to answer them.

for vendors especially, i think it is one of the most important functions on the site to work.

Maximus
02-21-2013, 03:10 PM

Psssst.....http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79713

sean
02-21-2013, 03:34 PM
50 is a steep price to pay to be a supporting member. That is enough diesel fuel to get me through the week. 20 bucks is plenty. Like I said earlier,its 29.95 at another site I visit that will usually see about 10 times what we do in a month.

Supporting members are also looked at to be "good to go" as far as selling and buying and giving "your word" on some thing. It tends to carry a little more weight.

Supporting members get a banner under or next to there name and maybe a small SBZ sticker every year they renew.

I like this... Love the sticker to renew. Itll look good on my camaro and corvette... lol I would def pay 20 bucks to support

05yellowgt
02-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Psssst.....http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79713
Short memories Craig, short memories.

Maximus
02-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Short memories Craig, short memories.

Yup. Charging $1 for an ad would be like taking away benefits from the masses. Anarchy would ensue.:lol:

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 03:55 PM
I can only sit back and laugh at all of this. It really is amusing.

chris91
02-21-2013, 04:00 PM
I know another thing that needs attention is the approval of new members. I have encountered 2 people over on SN95forums that said they registered and were never approved. Now I wonder how many others have encountered the same thing. Id get rid of the admin approval process all together. Make them answer a question in the registration process to eliminate spam bots.

Id definitely be down for a supporting members deal. I bought enough SBZ stickers for both of my rides this year to pay for something like that. LoL

Maximus
02-21-2013, 04:07 PM
I can only sit back and laugh at all of this. It really is amusing.

Says the guy who owns his own successful website.:D

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 04:09 PM
While we're at it, might as well charge 50 cents for tech questions. Maybe a quarter for a rant thread. Hey might as well charge 50 cents for wanted ads too. Maybe there should be a dime a day to sign in just for a payment for all the amusement. Did I miss anything that might help this BUSINESS? LOL. What a joke

k062693w
02-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Says the guy who owns his own successful website.:D

And one that doesn't expect members to PAY for ads !!! :bigthumb

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 04:15 PM
We don't charge for anything. The last round of stickers I had made up I paid for out of my pocket and gave them away for free.... Just to advertise our car/racing forum. Not to make it a business, lol. We allow gun sales as well and haven't had a single problem

draggin50
02-21-2013, 04:20 PM
We don't charge for anything. The last round of stickers I had made up I paid for out of my pocket and gave them away for free.... Just to advertise our car/racing forum. Not to make it a business, lol. We allow gun sales as well and haven't had a single problem

Amen!!!!!!!!

05yellowgt
02-21-2013, 04:31 PM
We aren't going to charge per classified add add, no need to try to make it into an issue when it isn't one.

5.0calypso93lx
02-21-2013, 04:46 PM

/Thread :bigthumb

Maximus
02-21-2013, 04:55 PM

I like guns. :cool1:

facemelter71
02-21-2013, 06:04 PM

Must have missed the stickers. How much to get you to make another 6 for all the cars I have?

adragon72
02-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Mmmmmmm guns!!!!!

BuckeyeAlex
02-21-2013, 06:10 PM
I know another thing that needs attention is the approval of new members. I have encountered 2 people over on SN95forums that said they registered and were never approved. Now I wonder how many others have encountered the same thing.

That's how my introduction to the site was. Heard good things about it, so I signed up. Didn't get an approved for over a week (maybe closer to 2 weeks), so I pm'd Beefcake on SVTP and he got it taken care of. Not a real good first impression, but I've stuck around so far. Lol

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Must have missed the stickers. How much to get you to make another 6 for all the cars I have?

I believe I have more in my truck. If i don't, I'll have more made. How about a handshake?

k062693w
02-21-2013, 06:17 PM
I believe I have more in my truck. If i don't, I'll have more made. How about a handshake?

I'll shake both your hands for a couple ??? :bigthumb

facemelter71
02-21-2013, 06:59 PM

Works for me. I know I don't visit much but some times the comp troller has your site blocked.

rtvickers
02-21-2013, 07:12 PM

Id like to have a few also. I remember when you post over there that you had them and was passing them out. I couldn't catch up with you.

dsmawd350
02-21-2013, 07:26 PM
you had them and was passing them out. I couldn't catch up with you.

robs pretty quick for a big fella :lol:

Stangman
02-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Would also like to see some sort of captcha required for registering. I see all these names being registered all the time, but no posts ever and some of the names are totally off the wall. I'm thinking spammers....

k062693w
02-21-2013, 07:33 PM

And forget about catching him on the quad !!! :lol:

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Lol. Point me towards a buffet and watch how fast these short legs get moving!!

I'll check in my truck for stickers. If they're not there I'll try to get to my sticker guy and get them made up

Maximus
02-21-2013, 07:51 PM

This might be Craig under Robs SN. Although Rob isnt really suppose to be on here, but then, neither is Craig. :tard::lol:

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Don't know a Craig or a Rob. Must have me mixed up with someone else! ;)

bbfstanger
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
are stickers easier to obtain than tshirts? lmao!!

rtvickers
02-21-2013, 10:03 PM

Lol. Dont know Ive never met him. I couldnt make it to E20 the day he was there.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
02-21-2013, 10:33 PM

Pfft This stupid! You mean you own and operate a forum because you yourself are an enthusiasts? That can't be the case! I thought forums were to capitalize from everyone elses enthusiasm. I wonder if I can put up a donate button for my business? :lol:

evil8
02-21-2013, 10:44 PM
DO NOT get involved with Whyucryn and quarters.....he will rip ya off every time!

Fwiw:ESC has flourished with a lack of structure.

Chevy guys make the best moderators.

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Money is the root to all evil. A local forum like this is just for fun. A place where a close group of people get on and share stories and plan events and go racing together or for a simple cruise. This is not a business... It's a car forum! It's never gonna generate enough traffic and so on to pay your mortgage or buy you a new car. The minute you try to run it to make a profit you're going to bury it for good.

k062693w
02-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Pfft This stupid! You mean you own and operate a forum because you yourself are an enthusiasts? That can't be the case! I thought forums were to capitalize from everyone elses enthusiasm. I wonder if I can put up a donate button for my business? :lol:

Well if you guys would all pay your $500 a year vendor's fee, We wouldn't be having these problems on here !!! :lol:

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 10:48 PM
DO NOT get involved with Whyucryn and quarters.....he will rip ya off every time!

Fwiw:ESC has flourished with a lack of structure.

Chevy guys make the best moderators.

Bish please. Last time I tried to gamble with you we bet a quarter and you tried to pass off ONE nickel and ONE dime as 25cents...I knew I should've made you post your quarter!!

k062693w
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Money is the root to all evil. A local forum like this is just for fun. A place where a close group of people get on and share stories and plan events and go racing together or for a simple cruise. This is not a business... It's a car forum! It's never gonna generate enough traffic and so on to pay your mortgage or buy you a new car. The minute you try to run it to make a profit you're going to bury it for good.

How DARE YOU try and bring logic to this site !!! WTF are you thinking ??? :lol:

Now when can I get my stickers ??? Don't tell me you don't have anymore, Or Kevin said he would F%^k your air pressures all up this year !!! :lol:

evil8
02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Bish please. Last time I tried to gamble with you we bet a quarter and you tried to pass off ONE nickel and ONE dime as 25cents...I knew I should've made you post your quarter!!

You can lie to everyone else, but you can't lie to yourself!

Shady Rob International.

Whyucryn
02-21-2013, 11:04 PM
If you didn't have the full 25 cents you could've just owed it to me. What bothers me is when you tried to cheat me out of a dime. Wtf?!?!

Adam@S&MMotorsports
02-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Well if you guys would all pay your $500 a year vendor's fee, We wouldn't be having these problems on here !!! :lol:

Yup I must have forgotten to request a bill. Oh wait that isn't how that works is it? :lol:

k062693w
02-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Yup I must have forgotten to request a bill. Oh wait that isn't how that works is it? :lol:

You mean you didn't know that you were just expected to pay without a bill ??? How do you expect this CAR FORUM (Business) to survive ???

You mean people don't just randomly stop by your shop and give you money without you requesting it ???

WTF is this world coming to ??? :lol:

evil8
02-21-2013, 11:17 PM
If you didn't have the full 25 cents you could've just owed it to me. What bothers me is when you tried to cheat me out of a dime. Wtf?!?!

I really don't have 25 cents now. You are ridiculous, trying to pay me with Chucky Cheese tokens and pocket lint.

k062693w
02-21-2013, 11:21 PM

I really don't have 25 cents now. You are ridiculous, trying to pay me with Chucky Cheese tokens and pocket lint.

How about you 2 donate the $.25 to help the board ???
That way nobody feels cheated, And it goes to a good cause !!! :bigthumb

evil8
02-21-2013, 11:34 PM
If Rob and I each put in a quarter it would total 40 cents. Honest Rob International.

k062693w
02-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm McRib !!!

05yellowgt
02-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Just to clear something up our vendors fees had several options. $500 a year wasnt the only option. There was a 2 tiered system that was in place. You could purchase the basic version of our vendor package which gave you vendor status and allowed you to solicit your products and services on the site. That was for $250/year. The 2nd tier of service was $500 a year and added your own sub section in the vendor area. There were also options for @stangbangerz.com email accounts and for advertising banners. The memberships ran from Jan 1 to Dec 31 of a calendar year and we had a pro rated rate for those who signed up after July 1. That was done to try and simplify the tracking of who paid when.

We are throwing out the multi tiered approach to vendor memberships and are also throwing out the Jan 1-Dec 1 piece of it. The new rate will be $250 for a year to commence from the date that payment is received. You will receive vendor status, your own sub section, and we'll put a banner into rotation once it is submitted to us. There were no takers on the branded email address so I think we are going to drop that all together. Anyone who is interested in becoming a vendor or renewing their status please PM me and we'll make the arrangements.

lxenvy
02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Just to clear something up our vendors fees had several options. $500 a year wasnt the only option. There was a 2 tiered system that was in place. You could purchase the basic version of our vendor package which gave you vendor status and allowed you to solicit your products and services on the site. That was for $250/year. The 2nd tier of service was $500 a year and added your own sub section in the vendor area. There were also options for @stangbangerz.com email accounts and for advertising banners. The memberships ran from Jan 1 to Dec 31 of a calendar year and we had a pro rated rate for those who signed up after July 1. That was done to try and simplify the tracking of who paid when.

We are throwing out the multi tiered approach to vendor memberships and are also throwing out the Jan 1-Dec 1 piece of it. The new rate will be $250 for a year to commence from the date that payment is received. You will receive vendor status, your own sub section, and we'll put a banner into rotation once it is submitted to us. There were no takers on the branded email address so I think we are going to drop that all together. Anyone who is interested in becoming a vendor or renewing their status please PM me and we'll make the arrangements.

Sounds awesome. Hope this takes care of the PROBLEM the board is having. Thanks for still lending a hand. Maybe one day u will get another stang and get back in the saddle! :bigthumb

redfirepearlgt
02-22-2013, 01:10 PM

Awesome. STill going to have a contribute button and a "sontibuting member" option? Thanks.

Blackout
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM

$500??? $250??? I don't see how in the world that is worth the trouble. You know I have been watching and trying to understand that site, but that's honestly not worth it! On average the site probably sees 200 +/- 50 every day but those are pretty much the same members that are always on here everyday. I would even go out on a limb and say that most really don't visit any more than the classified anyways.

I will tell you strait up, if I was a shop and needing to advertise, this site would not appeal. There just isn't enough traffic for the prices. It would be different if the numbers were in the 1000's of people a day.

As members on the site, we all know who to get ahold of to get parts and stuff done to our cars. Maybe there needs to be more specifics on how the site is growing, how many new members last year, and even let the vendors advertise there own updatable banner that shows there specials of the month or week. Because quite frankly, there aren't many people that just visit the vendors section to just see whats new for the hell of it. Just saying "hey, for $500/$250 we will give you a 1"x4" banner in the upper right hand corner and give you a thread section". I just can't wrap my head around it.

Just as a suggestion though, if your charging companies for advertising and not giving them a receipts for the services, that's not right. Adam @ S&M stated he's still waiting on a receipt or statement so he can claim the advertising on his taxes. If the site is going to ran as a business then it's got to abide by all the stuff that goes along with it.

Good Luck with the site man, I just can't wrap my head around it and $ vs. reward in the advertising. I have been a member on this site since it pretty much started. Remember the Middletucky days? when it was shutting down, this site was starting up... It's been a long membership.

05yellowgt
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Sounds awesome. Hope this takes care of the PROBLEM the board is having. Thanks for still lending a hand. Maybe one day u will get another stang and get back in the saddle! :bigthumb
I hope to some day. Right now the goal is to get back into an F150 pickemup truck, with maybe a short detour into an Ecoboost Fusion for a 24 month lease while I wait on the next Gen F150 to come out. I do have the wife's Ecoboost Flex that I have been itching to take to the strip. It's tuned and I am going to be working with Ken on a new tune on it when he gets some spare time.

Awesome. STill going to have a contribute button and a "sontibuting member" option? Thanks.

Yep we are still planning on putting that in place, but there is some back end work that needs to be done on the board to make the process easy.

05yellowgt
02-22-2013, 01:32 PM
$500??? $250??? I don't see how in the world that is worth the trouble. You know I have been watching and trying to understand that site, but that's honestly not worth it! On average the site probably sees 200 +/- 50 every day but those are pretty much the same members that are always on here everyday. I would even go out on a limb and say that most really don't visit any more than the classified anyways.

I will tell you strait up, if I was a shop and needing to advertise, this site would not appeal. There just isn't enough traffic for the prices. It would be different if the numbers were in the 1000's of people a day.

As members on the site, we all know who to get ahold of to get parts and stuff done to our cars. Maybe there needs to be more specifics on how the site is growing, how many new members last year, and even let the vendors advertise there own updatable banner that shows there specials of the month or week. Because quite frankly, there aren't many people that just visit the vendors section to just see whats new for the hell of it. Just saying "hey, for $500/$250 we will give you a 1"x4" banner in the upper right hand corner and give you a thread section". I just can't wrap my head around it.

Just as a suggestion though, if your charging companies for advertising and not giving them a receipts for the services, that's not right. Adam @ S&M stated he's still waiting on a receipt or statement so he can claim the advertising on his taxes. If the site is going to ran as a business then it's got to abide by all the stuff that goes along with it.

Good Luck with the site man, I just can't wrap my head around it and $ vs. reward in the advertising. I have been a member on this site since it pretty much started. Remember the Middletucky days? when it was shutting down, this site was starting up... It's been a long membership.
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I can't comment on anything regarding the payment process, receipts or anything like that. I'm a primary contact for anyone who wants to become a vendor and if an agreement is made they are sent to Holly who arranges payment and the rest.

I'd have to go back and look and see what the current trends are for the number of users that log into the site but I do know that the site sustains around 1,000 unique hits per day from an IP perspective and has been stable at that level for some time.

Whyucryn
02-22-2013, 01:38 PM
1000 different IP's? That's because of cellphones and such. Every time you get on the net on your cell phone it changes IP's. So if you have people that frequent the site many times a day, it counts them as different IP's

Blackout
02-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I can't comment on anything regarding the payment process, receipts or anything like that. I'm a primary contact for anyone who wants to become a vendor and if an agreement is made they are sent to Holly who arranges payment and the rest.

I'd have to go back and look and see what the current trends are for the number of users that log into the site but I do know that the site sustains around 1,000 unique hits per day from an IP perspective and has been stable at that level for some time.

There might be 1000 hits, but if 900 of those are just simple thread follow-ups (classified, wanted, general, ect....) Those members are not seeing the advertising. Most of the time they scroll strait to the bottom of the thread to see whats going on.

Just so that you and others understand, I'm not trying to be Negative on the site, I just want to see it do well and possibly grow. Buy trying to charge and make the site a buisness, it will take away from from what the site is supposed to be. Remember this site is a LOCAL FORUM! There just isn't enough traffic IMO.

cobraman302
02-22-2013, 02:13 PM
There is a huge disconnect between the owner and this site. I dont like the comments made earlier...that it will NEVER be sold. CLEARLY is it IS mismanaged, or there wouldnt be a problem. If there was more of an attempt, or more interest from the owner, then maybe I would feel different. This is just a business to that person, if it loses them money, time to let it go apparently. It's disturbing to see that they would rather let it go to the toilet rather than sell it to someone who would take better care of it. If it is a business, well the business is failing and it's time to move on.

Bottom line, the numbers don't add up. I don't think that a single person should offer to pay to keep the site running unless we are showing where the money went. There has to be enough cash flow for the site to maintain itself. There is no other explanation other than mismanagement of the cash, OR the cash isnt being paid to the owner.

Which is it?

k062693w
02-22-2013, 02:31 PM
www.motormaniatv.com

Just thought I'd share !!!

Adam@S&MMotorsports
02-22-2013, 02:46 PM

Alan this is not what I said. I do have a receipt from paypal. I was bitching about vendors being blamed for not paying in 2012 when we were never invoiced. I have no idea what went on before then as I only became a vendor in 2011.

05yellowgt
02-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Alan this is not what I said. I do have a receipt from paypal. I was bitching about vendors being blamed for not paying in 2012 when we were never invoiced. I have no idea what went on before then as I only became a vendor in 2011.
I'll take the blame for that Adam, for what it is worth to everyone.

evil8
02-22-2013, 03:49 PM
I still prefer the pickles on the McRib.

Whyucryn
02-22-2013, 03:51 PM
You prefer the pickle for sure...

evil8
02-22-2013, 04:12 PM
You prefer the pickle for sure...

Sick burn. Pay me my money Honest Rob International.

lxenvy
02-22-2013, 08:26 PM
There is a huge disconnect between the owner and this site. I dont like the comments made earlier...that it will NEVER be sold. CLEARLY is it IS mismanaged, or there wouldnt be a problem. If there was more of an attempt, or more interest from the owner, then maybe I would feel different. This is just a business to that person, if it loses them money, time to let it go apparently. It's disturbing to see that they would rather let it go to the toilet rather than sell it to someone who would take better care of it. If it is a business, well the business is failing and it's time to move on.

Bottom line, the numbers don't add up. I don't think that a single person should offer to pay to keep the site running unless we are showing where the money went. There has to be enough cash flow for the site to maintain itself. There is no other explanation other than mismanagement of the cash, OR the cash isnt being paid to the owner.

Which is it?

:fna:.............

sean
02-22-2013, 08:35 PM

Which is it?

This. I imagine its difficult. It hasnt been the same for a long time but its still here. I like it here and so do a lot of others. If all the site is to the owner then is may be time to sell it. Why say is will be closed down before its sold? Sounds like its more than a business. The cruise ins are scarce and not to many people even come out any more. The ones that do are the same ones year after year and even now they are leaning out. I have been to just about every spring and fall cruise since I joined. This place isnt a business any more than the zoo is a pet shop. If all this place needed was 850 a year to run I think everyone here can come up with a dollar each to keep it out if the red for a few years. I will say a participating owner that rallies the troops and makes newbs feel welcome would boost a lot around here. If its just a business then put up the donate button and keep a running total of how many dollars are donated. 850 its anything for the number of members we have here. There are all sorts of money generating ideas but if is starts costing money to list stuff and to join and to stay a member we are going to loose in the long run. Hell you may as well get the swear jar out. lol I love this place and I have been here for more years than some and fewer than others but its a place kept alive by some simple rules. Help your brother out. How ever you can. Lets get this fixed and erase this stupid thread all together.

ALSO No fucking pickles.

Goober
02-22-2013, 08:37 PM

Which is it?

I can completely sympathize with Holly on why she wants to hang onto the site. In a way, it's a part of Vinny that's still here. It doesn't make the most financial sense, but this site WAS more than money, it WAS about community... WAS about helping your brother... WAS about having a few beers with your buddies and forgetting all about your worries, even if it was for a few hours. Lately it's been more about who has the biggest e-cock (I have been as guilty as the next guy in this regard) and selling parts for free.

I'll be the first to donate money to keep this place going. I just ask one thing, do not segregate this site into donors and non-donors. That is not what the spirit of this site was ever about.

sean
02-22-2013, 08:43 PM
I can completely sympathize with Holly on why she wants to hang onto the site. In a way, it's a part of Vinny that's still here. It doesn't make the most financial sense, but this site WAS more than money, it WAS about community... WAS about helping your brother... WAS about having a few beers with your buddies and forgetting all about your worries, even if it was for a few hours. Lately it's been more about who has the biggest e-cock (I have been as guilty as the next guy) and selling parts for free.

lol I am compensating for my e cock with my cars... lol

But yea. Mines bigger than yours.

k062693w
02-22-2013, 08:43 PM
I can completely sympathize with Holly on why she wants to hang onto the site. In a way, it's a part of Vinny that's still here.

I agree 100%, But she made a total of 2 posts in 2012 ??? If I wanted to keep something so near and dear to me, I would make it a bigger priority ... And then possibly, just possibly it may be a more successful board ???

But that's just my $.02 :bigthumb

BTW Goober ... Nice NINJA Edit !!! LOL

Goober
02-22-2013, 08:48 PM
lol I am compensating for my e cock with my cars... lol

But yea. Mines bigger than yours.

That's NOT what she said :lol:

I agree 100%, But she made a total of 2 posts in 2012 ??? If I wanted to keep something so near and dear to me, I would make it a bigger priority ... And then possibly, just possibly it may be a more successful board ???

But that's just my $.02 :bigthumb

I see your point, but iirc, Holly was never a big poster even when Vin was with us. Some people just don't post, then you have guys like us who post for no reason :tongue2:

k062693w
02-22-2013, 08:52 PM
I see your point, but iirc, Holly was never a big poster even when Vin was with us. Some people just don't post, then you have guys like us who post for no reason :tongue2:

5,3?? posts as far as I can find ??? That's quite a few, to then go to 2 in 2012 and both were in Jan. of 2012 ...

Like I said, just my $.02 :bigthumb

Goober
02-22-2013, 08:56 PM
I didn't realize she had that many. I don't recall her posting that much on my spurts here.

mustangjon
02-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Well instead of everyone beating a dead horse come up with some ideas. I for one would be willing to do voluntary colection of donations of each of the cruises im holding this year. Only t hing i ask would be be to have a goal and maybe a counter to how close we are and maybe do something else with the excess we could get over the goal ie new stickers or shirts ect. Just my 2 cents tho

Gongshow
02-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Ill donate a few of my dollars lol. Let's just get racin... I wanna see some fast SBZ cars at the track this year :P

Xowner
02-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Those SBZ stickers I have a CUTTER, Id be willing to knock out 50 of them and donate them for sale at 5 bucks each 5x50 250 bucks! Anyone know who made them last time So i can get the file from them?

sean
02-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Those SBZ stickers I have a CUTTER, Id be willing to knock out 50 of them and donate them for sale at 5 bucks each 5x50 250 bucks! Anyone know who made them last time So i can get the file from them?

Here's some more money making stuff. Let us know when and if you get this answered.

facemelter71
02-23-2013, 08:11 AM
;)

Ditto, The last sticker I got from the site was from Vinny at his house. When I sold the car it was on I damn near pulled the back window so I could keep it!

Found the sticker,it was in the kitchen. Where you want it sent to?

lxenvy
02-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Found the sticker,it was in the kitchen. Where you want it sent to?

:bigthumb No no its cool. U hold on to it. Maybe we can meet at a cruise. That might make me come out. Last cruise I went to was a long time ago. When Craig had his Orange turbo car, And Ray had his orange (foxbody) turbo car. We went to middletown. It was a good time for sure. Prior to that I wouldnt miss a cruise. But thank u for the offer.

facemelter71
02-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Last time I went to middletown I brought my yellow vert up there to white castle. Long time ago though.

PKFIRE
02-24-2013, 11:57 PM
I'll pitch in a few, just where and when. If it hasn't been mentioned maybe at the cruise in there could be a donate bucket.

Gongshow
02-25-2013, 08:07 AM
:bigthumb No no its cool. U hold on to it. Maybe we can meet at a cruise. That might make me come out. Last cruise I went to was a long time ago. When Craig had his Orange turbo car, And Ray had his orange (foxbody) turbo car. We went to middletown. It was a good time for sure. Prior to that I wouldnt miss a cruise. But thank u for the offer.

I will drag your ass out of the woodworks for some cruises since I'm right around the corner. :D

lxenvy
02-25-2013, 12:26 PM
I will drag your ass out of the woodworks for some cruises since I'm right around the corner. :D

Lets do it! :bigthumb

Katmandu
02-25-2013, 04:10 PM
There is a huge disconnect between the owner and this site. I dont like the comments made earlier...that it will NEVER be sold. CLEARLY is it IS mismanaged, or there wouldnt be a problem. If there was more of an attempt, or more interest from the owner, then maybe I would feel different.

This is just a business to that person, if it loses them money, time to let it go apparently. It's disturbing to see that they would rather let it go to the toilet rather than sell it to someone who would take better care of it. If it is a business, well the business is failing and it's time to move on.

Which is it?You obviously know nothing of the HISTORY of this website and how it came into being or you never would have posted this rant. :rolleyes:

cobraman302
02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
You obviously know nothing of the HISTORY of this website and how it came into being or you never would have posted this rant. :rolleyes:

That's not a rant....but I can give you a rant if you want one lol.

Waht exactly do you mean? I probably know a fair amount more than you think I do. I have been a round for over 10 years....def not as long as some, but more than most that are here today. However, I don't really need to know the HISTORY, when I read the posts in this thread. Simply put, I think its only fair that the #'s are put in front of the members since the site is at risk here. I don't want to see it go anywere, it needs a fresh start to keep it strong.

Def not ranting. Just trying to ge to the bottom of the problem, or it will be a problem again in a few years.

Dirtyd0g
02-26-2013, 01:39 AM
I will donate as well. I liked being a vendor here but when the cost sky rocketed it just didn't make sense. I always try to give the best deals to locals but if I am paying huge for that advertising it makes that impossible to do. If a happy medium is met I will set it up again. I am not on forums a ton anyway and most locals knew me before the forums or from a friend. I'm not even sure who is in charge of this stuff anymore but please call me about it at 513 898 1580
Alan

DSSKing68
02-26-2013, 06:27 AM
Let's just put on our big boy panties and fix it. Stickers, see Black Horse (AKA Dave)...let's find out what we need to do with shirts/hats/hoodies. I will volunteer to take orders, organize and hand out. Fix the Vendor pricing so it is reasonable for all vendors. Update the Mods. Find someone who can help John run the site. Find a person to volunteer to organize events. We used to meet ALL the time.

I think everyone needs to shut their mouth already about Holly. I think this site is bittersweet to her, but if you know her it isn't "just a business". I am sure it is more of a headache than anything. But it is a piece of Vinny, and we need to keep what he envisioned going strong.

It's almost Spring...get in the garage and get ready.

Now...let's shutup and fix it. Volunteers?

Gearhead
02-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Let's just put on our big boy panties and fix it. Stickers, see Black Horse (AKA Dave)...let's find out what we need to do with shirts/hats/hoodies. I will volunteer to take orders, organize and hand out. Fix the Vendor pricing so it is reasonable for all vendors. Update the Mods. Find someone who can help John run the site. Find a person to volunteer to organize events. We used to meet ALL the time.

I think everyone needs to shut their mouth already about Holly. I think this site is bittersweet to her, but if you know her it isn't "just a business". I am sure it is more of a headache than anything. But it is a piece of Vinny, and we need to keep what he envisioned going strong.

You pretty much nailed it Mark, very well said !!

Buckeye
02-27-2013, 03:05 PM
So I have not been on much latly due to going back to school and being winter, I have not read this whole thread BUT I will chip in. I am from Cbus and still like this board a ton. I hope to make it down this year for some meets and such. I see no issue with a $20.00 yearly dues

facemelter71
02-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Meh,I dont see anything happening. I understand this type of thing doesnt happen overnight,but I can tell you Snipers hide forum underwent a change over from UBB to Vbulletin in roughly 24 hours. it had some hick-ups,but is running rather smoothly now. And they have WAY more members than we do.

I dont even see any thing about the supporting member thing since it was talked about.

You have people willing to bleed and give there hard earned money to make this site run. You asked us to jump,we all asked how high. And here we wait.

lxenvy
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
You have people willing to bleed and give there hard earned money to make this site run. You asked us to jump,we all asked how high. And here we wait.

:bigthumb......

Blwn Pony
02-27-2013, 08:48 PM

Well said!

NC89GT
02-27-2013, 08:51 PM

You said exactly what I was thinking.. We have all stated lots of things that could be done to raise money from members but nobody has volunteered.

NC89GT
02-27-2013, 08:59 PM
I am on a forum for my SRT8 jeep, It is a national forum and last weekend a group in denver had a "mod/wrenching day" I thought it was a great idea. I think there are lots of guys on here that want to do minimal mods and either don't have the money to pay someone or dont have the space to do it. Since this is a local site I think supporting vendors could have a rotating sunday a month Mod/party wrenching day. I think lots of people would show up to help. Mods could include any fluid changes, exhausts, tire/wheel swaps(not mounting tires on wheels), CAI, shifters, etc..... If you had 6 supporting vendors that would be 2 weekends a year and they could charge a small fee for work being completed. Be a win/win to me. Doesn't even have to be anyone with a shop just someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

I think I have a U-joint going out so I parked my car in sept and havent seen it since. I have never been to a cruise in as they have not been on a day that I was free. but I would drive down for one of these wrenching days even if it was to just bull shit and lend a hand being the tool gopher

chris91
02-27-2013, 10:10 PM
On sn95forums they have supporting members. Its $15 for a year and you get access to a special section on the forum, get to have a animated/bigger avatar, and you get a couple stickers. I just donated over there and would DEFINITELY be more than willing to throw some money to this site being this is the site that started my Mustang addiction. :D

DSSKing68
02-28-2013, 06:24 AM
I will e-mail Holly today and talk to her.....

RIXXX93GT
02-28-2013, 07:27 AM
I see lots of suggestions but no replies or organization to get the ball rolling. Who is the mod in charge of events? Who is in charge of promotion/marketing? Setup a paypal account for stickers/shirts, open the sale for a specified amount of time then place the order after the money is collected. Charge shipping or arrange a couple pickup dates for merchandise.

69Cobra
03-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Things that make you go hummmm...