Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dang new vehicle prices [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dang new vehicle prices

duststang
02-18-2013, 06:39 PM
It been a while since I bought a new vehicle. This weekend I was looking at new F150 and they are $40-50ish for a four door 4x4. even trading in my SUV still goning to be too much. yikes not ready for that!

Mongoose
02-18-2013, 06:44 PM
It been a while since I bought a new vehicle. This weekend I was looking at new F150 and they are $40-50ish for a four door 4x4. even trading in my SUV still goning to be too much. yikes not ready for that!

4X4, $45k, $4 gas..........:doh:

MWoods26
02-18-2013, 07:01 PM

I feel ya! Im actully looking for the exact same thing. I was hoping to get another year or two out of my little ranger untill the wifes car is paid off but with a new baby we need another car that can fit a car seat so I decided on a new 4 door 4x4 F150. I built the one I wanted on fords website and it was a 46k dollar truck..:eek:

thecollector
02-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah I looked at a Focus ST last week, it stickered @ 27kish.... FOR A FOCUS. Really just made me appreciate my fleet that much more. Id rather own something older than owe on something new. Long live the lien free title!

Gearhead
02-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Sticker prices on new trucks are ridiculous, but there are some great incentive/rebate programs right now for F150's.
I bought a new 2013 F150 4X4 last week, the exact truck I wanted, sticker was $34,800 or so, but with X-Plan, incentives, and a little haggling it brought the price down to approx. $26,500.
Still a little more than I would've liked to pay though...

beefcake
02-18-2013, 09:31 PM
guys, the leases are incredible on the trucks right now, you can get alot of truck for a much lower payment.

this is one of the best times of the year to lease, great rates, plus $$ back

beef
513-478-1965

Blackout
02-19-2013, 11:35 AM
New cars and truck prices are a joke! Then after your turned off by the sticker, you got someone who says "I think there is a rebate if your eligible". Then you ask how much?....... "umm, its $2000"

COM-ON MAN, let me tell you about how much of a dent 2000 makes when the sticjer is $46000+. Just doesnt make any sense. Why dont they just sticker the damn thing $2000 less than what they listed it for.

This is the same reasin GM had over 120 day supply of trucks on the lots and are only supposed to have 60 day supply. Prices are just retarded.

motox159
02-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Agreed fellas. I got another baby on the way and was debating this too. Hate to let my ranger of 10 years go but gotta have something everyone can fit in. No way in heck I will have another car payment. Lease would not be an option at all for me. I don't really have anyone to impress either, married, looking for a cheap A to B that will fit 4 people!

duststang
02-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah I looked at a Focus ST last week, it stickered @ 27kish.... FOR A FOCUS.

yeah I know...also looked at a new Escape $32K. It's been 6 years since my last new car purchase. Even with A plan I was shocked of the prices. don't get me wrong I really like all the new Ford vehicle's but I just don't know how people do it? I am not really a fan of leasing.

beefcake
02-19-2013, 08:52 PM
leasing is a great option, usually the cost of leasing is less than the cost of purchasing,

you can build in up to 19,500 miles per year, so mileage shouldn't be a concern either

duststang
02-20-2013, 07:42 AM
leasing is a great option, usually the cost of leasing is less than the cost of purchasing,

you can build in up to 19,500 miles per year, so mileage shouldn't be a concern either

Im might stop in and look at some leasing options.

cobraman302
02-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Leasing is a good option for a car that has a high buyback rate, which the F150's do...because they hold their value really well. But, if a vehicle holds it's value really well, you also may be better off buying it if you get a low rate for financing. I have leased a new F150 before, but I will never do a lease again. I was always worried about damage, miles driven, what am I going to get when I turn this thing in? Why am i leasing if I will always have a payment for the rest of my life for a vehicle I will never own?

If you want a new vehicle every couple to 3 years and dont mind never owning a vehicle, and dont drive a lot, leasing may be good for you. You are just renting the car, just like you rent an apartment.

beefcake
02-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Leasing is a good option for a car that has a high buyback rate, which the F150's do...because they hold their value really well. But, if a vehicle holds it's value really well, you also may be better off buying it if you get a low rate for financing. I have leased a new F150 before, but I will never do a lease again. I was always worried about damage, miles driven, what am I going to get when I turn this thing in? Why am i leasing if I will always have a payment for the rest of my life for a vehicle I will never own?

If you want a new vehicle every couple to 3 years and dont mind never owning a vehicle, and dont drive a lot, leasing may be good for you. You are just renting the car, just like you rent an apartment.

that's the biggest objection i get to leasing is "i don't own" anything.

The difference is, you pay on a car for 6 years, and don't have payments for 3 years. Add in all the maintenance costs. Assuming nothing major goes wrong. etc... At then end of 9 years, you have 140-175k mile vehicle thats worth what, $500-1000. or so. So that's what you own.

God forbid you lose an engine, trans , or something major, then the cost of ownership goes up "a lot"

You lease a truck for $200 less a month than you can buy one. But you have 9 years of payments and 0 maintenance costs. Other than oil changes.

At the end of 9 years. Your "cost of ownership" is usually within 1-2k of the cost of ownership of "purchasing" sometimes to the lower side. And that's assuming again, nothing major goes wrong with your "purchase".

The othe difference. You've had 3 new vehicles, with the newest technology and upgrades, and been under factory warranty the entire time with nothing to worry about.

And the ford red carpet leases are very nice, quarter size dings are not charged, etc...

Ford is very forgiving.

I just leased a SHO for the wife this month. .25% apr. $550 a month (on a plan), and that's at 19,500 miles per year. That's a 46k sticker. That was 0 out of pocket.

that's a ton of car for the $$. The trucks are leasing similar this month.

cobraman302
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
that's the biggest objection i get to leasing is "i don't own" anything.

The difference is, you pay on a car for 6 years, and don't have payments for 3 years. Add in all the maintenance costs. Assuming nothing major goes wrong. etc... At then end of 9 years, you have 140-175k mile vehicle thats worth what, $500-1000. or so. So that's what you own.

God forbid you lose an engine, trans , or something major, then the cost of ownership goes up "a lot"

You lease a truck for $200 less a month than you can buy one. But you have 9 years of payments and 0 maintenance costs. Other than oil changes.

At the end of 9 years. Your "cost of ownership" is usually within 1-2k of the cost of ownership of "purchasing" sometimes to the lower side. And that's assuming again, nothing major goes wrong with your "purchase".

The othe difference. You've had 3 new vehicles, with the newest technology and upgrades, and been under factory warranty the entire time with nothing to worry about.

And the ford red carpet leases are very nice, quarter size dings are not charged, etc...

Ford is very forgiving.

I just leased a SHO for the wife this month. .25% apr. $550 a month (on a plan), and that's at 19,500 miles per year. That's a 46k sticker. That was 0 out of pocket.

that's a ton of car for the $$. The trucks are leasing similar this month.

So your theory is that a vehicle purchased new right now will be worth $1000 when 7 years rolls around? So my 2010 Fusion I bought will be worth $1000 in 5 years? Or the truck we just bought off of you will be worth $1000 in 5 years? Then why are 2005 F150's with 150k miles selling for over $10k (well over $10k, which are 7 years old approx.) Just trying to get the #'s lined up.

Leasing does make sense for some, I agree. I think leasing is more for the flashy, show boaty person that wants to get a new vehicle to be the "best" of whats out there right now. Or, if you want a new cehicle and just flat out dont drive much. I put 18k miles a year on my car just driving to work and back. Typically I can easily put 25k on my car in a year.

05yellowgt
02-20-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm considering leasing at the moment. Since I started my new job I hardly ever put miles on our Fusion. it is a 2010 and only has around 17,000 miles on it. I have wanted to get back into a truck since we traded my 08 F150 on our Flex. It was a great deal at the time and we needed a car that was better for my wife to take our girls around in than the truck.

I've convinced myself that I want to wait for the 2015 f150. Hearing lots of good things, like active aero like they have on the Focus to help with highway mileage and the truck will be about 750lbs lighter than today's models. The Fusion has been holding its value pretty well, but it is starting to lose more since the 2013 Fusion was released.

I could hold onto the Fusion I have now and sell/trade it in when the 2014 F150's come around but I don't think I will net any more on trade/sell then than I will now. I owe about $10k on it and will still have a balance by the time I want to buy the F150. It will still be worth a lot more than $1,000 by then but once the payoff is made I'm not really going to have a ton left over to put down on the truck anyway.

If I sell the fusion now and get a Fusion Titanium AWD with all the bells and whistles I can get a 24 month 10,500 mile/year lease for around $150 less than my current car payment. I'll also pocket several thousand from the sale. Add that to the $3500 I'd save in monthly payments in 2 years and I think it turns into a pretty good deal. I'd only pay out just a hair more in the life of the lease than what the current payoff of my current loan.

I know it isn't a perfect scenario for everyone but I think I might benefit from leasing in this case.