Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
New Windshield [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Windshield

Goldenpony
02-15-2013, 02:07 PM
I would like a new windshield installed in my 2006 Mustang GT 'Vert. I want the original type windshield. Anybody have any recommendations? Just wondered what I can expect to pay. :confused:

mustang8998
02-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Call Jason, AKA glassman.....513-314-6166.

He will hook you up!

Goldenpony
02-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Call Jason, AKA glassman.....513-314-6166.

He will hook you up!

WHere does he work out of? Does he have a business name?

sean
02-15-2013, 05:26 PM
I have also use Jason. can't remember which company he is with but he did a great job. Call him.

Stangman
02-15-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty sure he's his own company.... AutoPro or something like that

rtvickers
02-15-2013, 06:42 PM
I have a friend that has a company called Glass Pro. His name is Brian. Hes always done my stuff. Ive never had an issue. Its always been an insurance deal so Im not sure what his prices are like. I think he operates out of Harrison but he will come to you.

Katmandu
02-15-2013, 07:37 PM
I would like a new windshield installed in my 2006 Mustang GT 'Vert. I want the original type windshield. What's wrong with the one that is in it ?

If it's cracked or chipped, your insurance will cover it under the Comprehensive portion of your policy. Hopefully you have a $0 Deductible and can get it installed for FREE! :bigthumb

Goldenpony
02-15-2013, 09:09 PM
What's wrong with the one that is in it ?

If it's cracked or chipped, your insurance will cover it under the Comprehensive portion of your policy. Hopefully you have a $0 Deductible and can get it installed for FREE! :bigthumb

No, not broken or chipped. It's sand blasted after 106,000 miles. I don't think insurance would do anything for that. It's very noticable at night.

rtvickers
02-15-2013, 09:29 PM
No, not broken or chipped. It's sand blasted after 106,000 miles. I don't think insurance would do anything for that. It's very noticable at night.

Wait......didnt I hear that a rock hit your windshield the other day when you were behind that dump truck on the highway coming through that construction area and put a big chip in it?

Im just saying.

Katmandu
02-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Wait......didnt I hear that a rock hit your windshield the other day when you were behind that dump truck on the highway coming through that construction area and put a big chip in it?

Im just saying.Yea! I heard him say that too! :bigthumb

Goldenpony
02-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Thanks guys. I'll take that under advisement.

Xowner
02-16-2013, 12:53 AM

Buddy had a one put in his van on the insurance with the 0 detectable. Then his insurance went up 8 bucks a month.

Katmandu
02-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Buddy had a one put in his van on the insurance with the 0 detectable. Then his insurance went up 8 bucks a month.I've had like 5 or 6 replaced over the last 20 years. ALL for FREE. $0 Deductible on your Comprehensive portion of your policy is the key.

My rates have not increased one red cent as a result either. :bigthumb

rtvickers
02-16-2013, 03:00 AM
Ive had a few windows replaced under comprehensive also. Cost me nothing and my insurance actually went down a few months later. I think maybe because I have a good clean record. So far lol. Ive never had an issue getting them replaced. They just ask a few questions and thats it. I had my windshield done about 4 or 5 months ago. I had a chip right in the middle of the windshield. The rock hit so hard there was actually a low spot in the windshield. Took me awhile to get around to it but I had it done right before I had my windows tinted.

mustang8998
02-16-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm pretty sure he's his own company.... AutoPro or something like that

That's it Jesse.

Auto Pro Glass
1146 Old State Route 74, Batavia, OH (basically Eastgate)
(513) 943-4900 ‎

I think the number I gave first is his cell phone, I would call it. He has done several windows for me. Two windshields (one of them the Mach1), 2 side windows in our expedition and a couple others for friends. Never any issues, always fast service and good prices, plus Jason is a hell of a nice guy to talk to.

:bigthumb:bigthumb

akagreg3
02-16-2013, 07:50 AM
i used glass-master and got a original window on my 1993 and everything is great on mine, but iv heard horror stories about them doing crappy work, i used the one on colrain ave and they did it for 150$ half price from anywhere else,

Xowner
02-16-2013, 12:27 PM
I've had like 5 or 6 replaced over the last 20 years. ALL for FREE. $0 Deductible on your Comprehensive portion of your policy is the key.

My rates have not increased one red cent as a result either. :bigthumb

Ive had a few windows replaced under comprehensive also. Cost me nothing and my insurance actually went down a few months later. I think maybe because I have a good clean record. So far lol. Ive never had an issue getting them replaced. They just ask a few questions and thats it. I had my windshield done about 4 or 5 months ago. I had a chip right in the middle of the windshield. The rock hit so hard there was actually a low spot in the windshield. Took me awhile to get around to it but I had it done right before I had my windows tinted.

I agree and thats how it should be, Just not all these insurance companys are the same.