Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
TURBO TAX SUX!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TURBO TAX SUX!!!

redfirepearlgt
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Been using this for years. Thought it was providing us a great savings while getting the most for us on our return.

Hired an accountant today to do our taxes. Very reasonable guy. About passed out when I got the return amount. WOW!!! He filed us jointly where TT had been filing us separate as the better way. DAG!!!!!!!!!!

He offered to review our past three years done on TT. Says he is pretty certain that there are issues that TT missed that would be in our favor.

Take that FEDS!!!!

COOP
02-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Been using this for years. Thought it was providing us a great savings while getting the most for us on our return.

Hired an accountant today to do our taxes. Very reasonable guy. About passed out when I got the return amount. WOW!!! He filed us jointly where TT had been filing us separate as the better way. DAG!!!!!!!!!!

He offered to review our past three years done on TT. Says he is pretty certain that there are issues that TT missed that would be in our favor.

Take that FEDS!!!!

Had the exact same thing happen last year. I'm sticking with an accountant. The onły way I could see turbo tax being worth it is if you do not itemize.

mad max
02-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Do i hear a supercharger purchase in wasabi's future ? Its always nice to come into money you didnt expect .

cstreu1026
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
There's no subtstitution for a good accountant.

9cobra4
02-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Yes they do suck, I've been waiting, and waiting, waiting some more for my return.

redfirepearlgt
02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Do i hear a supercharger purchase in wasabi's future ? Its always nice to come into money you didnt expect .

Nope...Wasabi is about to be a statistic. Been considering offers from dealers and looking for a Termi...........AGAIN.

Don't trust the chink power train. Don't care what people say. I have seen clutch issues on 2013's first hand at Tristate.

rtvickers
02-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Nope...Wasabi is about to be a statistic. Been considering offers from dealers and looking for a Termi...........AGAIN.

Don't trust the chink power train. Don't care what people say. I have seen clutch issues on 2013's first hand at Tristate.

What are the details on the Terminator your looking for?

m347
02-15-2013, 04:51 PM
My accountant figures it seperate and joint every year and goes with what gets me the most money back. Seems to change every few years which way we file for the best return or paying the least.

smytty
02-15-2013, 05:17 PM

Don't trust the chink power train. Don't care what people say. I have seen clutch issues on 2013's first hand at Tristate.lol damn im getting ready to put mine up for sale also... Your right though, was crazy seeing people having the issues that day.. Was kinda proud mine has never had a grind or a clutch issue.. (Knock on wood)...
Good choice with the termi i still think its a better car IMO...

redfirepearlgt
02-15-2013, 05:54 PM
What are the details on the Terminator your looking for?

No silver or White. 04, but will consider a well kept 03. Prefer a true virgin or minimal mods...2.8 pulley, exhaust and tune at best with dyno sheets supporting a solid A/F on the tune. No ticking. Will not consider ANY car put back to original. Just raises question to how they were really driven. UNDER 30K. No ticking or clutch issues. Coupe or vert.

I found one in Lexington but it sold. Found another one but it now appears to be one put back to mostly factory. The DR's on the back are the gove away. There is another coupe in the area but he is not respnding to emails, which is why I prefer dealing with dealers. At least they are REALLY wanting to sell their cars.

All will depend on whether I can reach an agreement on selling mine. I have someone interested, but weather conditions have held up getting to to them to see it so they can justify my asking price.

If you can be of help RT, I would appreciate it. Was going to bother you about looking at a few with me sometime since you know them so well. Thanks.

redfirepearlgt
02-15-2013, 06:04 PM
lol damn im getting ready to put mine up for sale also... Your right though, was crazy seeing people having the issues that day.. Was kinda proud mine has never had a grind or a clutch issue.. (Knock on wood)...
Good choice with the termi i still think its a better car IMO...

I may even find me another S197 05-09 GT virgin and start all over again. Getting frustrated trying to find a termi in the condition and color I want it in.

rtvickers
02-15-2013, 06:29 PM
No silver or White. 04, but will consider a well kept 03. Prefer a true virgin or minimal mods...2.8 pulley, exhaust and tune at best with dyno sheets supporting a solid A/F on the tune. No ticking. Will not consider ANY car put back to original. Just raises question to how they were really driven. UNDER 30K. No ticking or clutch issues. Coupe or vert.

I found one in Lexington but it sold. Found another one but it now appears to be one put back to mostly factory. The DR's on the back are the gove away. There is another coupe in the area but he is not respnding to emails, which is why I prefer dealing with dealers. At least they are REALLY wanting to sell their cars.

All will depend on whether I can reach an agreement on selling mine. I have someone interested, but weather conditions have held up getting to to them to see it so they can justify my asking price.

If you can be of help RT, I would appreciate it. Was going to bother you about looking at a few with me sometime since you know them so well. Thanks.

Not a bother at all. Ill see what I can find for you. Ill check on some S197 also. Get your PM box ready. Lol

smytty
02-15-2013, 07:49 PM
I may even find me another S197 05-09 GT virgin and start all over again. Getting frustrated trying to find a termi in the condition and color I want it in.Keep searching, im sure something will pop up...
Put a AD on svtperformance saying what you want in the termi for sale section....

redfirepearlgt
02-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Keep searching, im sure something will pop up...
Put a AD on svtperformance saying what you want in the termi for sale section....

I thnink I will do that after I have hopefully closed a selling price on Wasabi. Moving beyond looking at this point (with regard to private owners) is moot unless I can sell it.

Rick93coupe
02-15-2013, 10:44 PM
How do you go about finding a good accountant, I need one local to me and don't want to randomly pick one out of the yellow pages.

redfirepearlgt
02-16-2013, 12:02 AM
How do you go about finding a good accountant, I need one local to me and don't want to randomly pick one out of the yellow pages.

I got mine via word of mouth at work. Three guys recommended this accounting firm to me.

9cobra4
02-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Still waiting on my refund. I could really use it! They said 3-5 days, today's the 9th day.

Goober
02-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Mine took 13 days, so don't hold your breath

mwaller5672
02-16-2013, 06:53 PM
They wouldn't even take mine until Feb 14th. Maybe Obama gave it all away. In 40 years of doing this I have never heard of having to wait. I heard it was from all the fighting at the end of the year.

9cobra4
02-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Mine took 13 days, so don't hold your breath

Than they shouldn't promise 3-5 days. :lol:

kennytent
02-16-2013, 10:56 PM
I got mine via word of mouth at work. Three guys recommended this accounting firm to me.

If you don't mind me asking, who did you go to?

beefcake
02-17-2013, 09:04 AM
i've been pretty happy with turbo tax the last couple years.

You can figure it either way, and then pick whichever works out the best for you.

I still have an accountant review it after, but especially having a business, it works out pretty good.

I really like the donation calculator. We give a bunch of stuff away each year, kids clothes, toys, I always have the wife write down everything so I can plug it in.

redfirepearlgt
02-17-2013, 02:10 PM
If you don't mind me asking, who did you go to?

PM sent. ......

Mongoose
02-17-2013, 06:45 PM
No problems here with Turbo tax :bigthumb

04 Venom
02-17-2013, 07:56 PM
No problems here with Turbo tax :bigthumb

I like it as well.

kennytent
02-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I've always used Turbo Tax as well, but I think with certain situations, you may be better off with an accountant. The thing is, I don't think you will ever really know, unless you consult one.

The problem is, looking in the phone book for an accountant is an impossible task, like looking for a lawyer, or something like that. You don't know what your getting until you waste money and time, in most cases. A good referral, from a peer goes a long way.

Thanks for the info.

Goldenpony
02-17-2013, 10:49 PM
No problems with Turbo Tax here either

89notch
02-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Turbo tax is fine as long as you don't mind getting back your full potential. Turbo tax did mine and said I would get back $3000 less than my CPA

redfirepearlgt
02-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Turbo tax is fine as long as you don't mind getting back your full potential. Turbo tax did mine and said I would get back $3000 less than my CPA

Exactly!! Had nothing to do with ease or layout. That was all great. My return will be HUGE tracks of land in comparison to last year. In fact he is reviewing the last three years fed returns and expects similar findings there as well.

Rick93coupe
02-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Anyone have a CPA in my area they would recommend?

89notch
02-21-2013, 01:20 PM

I use Clark's tax service in franklin.

Rick93coupe
02-21-2013, 01:35 PM
I use Clark's tax service in franklin.

Been with them long? That's pretty close, I'll give them a call.

89notch
02-21-2013, 02:58 PM
About 4 years

9cobra4
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Filed my return on the 7th, still waiting.:lol:

Taxact was half what TurboTax gave me.

redfirepearlgt
02-21-2013, 05:34 PM

PM sent.....

redfirepearlgt
02-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Filed my return on the 7th, still waiting.:lol:

Taxact was half what TurboTax gave me.

Mine was filed electronically 2/15. Approved today. Return being processed.

You can always check on your return status via www.irs.gov

Click on "Where's my refund?"

9cobra4
02-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks, Chad. Mine was approved 2 hours after I submitted it, still says processing.:(