PDA

View Full Version : Cheerleading

DSSKing68
01-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Does anyone elses daughter do competitive cheerleading? Just curious who they cheer for and what competitions they compete in. My daughter is in the gym 4 nights a week. She can't get enough of it.

coupegt
01-28-2013, 01:32 PM
My step daughter cheers for Williamsburg she is 8yrs old her group just had a competition Sunday at the cintas center and they got first place champions

DSSKing68
01-28-2013, 01:43 PM
My daughter was there too! Does she cheer for CIA?

coupegt
01-28-2013, 02:05 PM
No or was for Williamsburg. She does gymnastics at CIA tho

coupegt
01-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Here is pic of their team at cintas center how did your daughters team do there

Mista Bone
01-29-2013, 01:46 AM
It sure has changed since I was younger!

Mom was in charge of Ross HS Cheerleaders for over a decade. There used to be limits on tumbling and pyramid heights that seems they went away from the safety standards. IIRC JV could only go two tiers and Varsity could go three tiers in a 3-2-1 tower. While this wasn't competitive just for the football/basketball games mom always took her girls to camp at old Wittenberg University north of Cincy. I did get to be an extra spotter. Sounds fun until you get squashed helping to slow a fall!

Mom cringes are some of the comps on TV with the younger kids. "They are too young to be doing those moves/routines."

PS: Quite a few of the first BenGALS where from Mom's students.

DSSKing68
01-29-2013, 07:29 AM
They placed second in both of her divisions, Youth level 3 and Junior level 3. She was bummed because it was her birthday. They had a bobble and a drop, and the teams from Terra Haute (spell check) was perfect. They already have a paid bid to the Nationals, but winning is always nice. This is a pic of her last weekend in the Dayton competition. Im so proud of her. :D

duststang
01-30-2013, 10:51 AM
my wife did this when she was a teen and she loved it.

rtvickers
01-31-2013, 12:21 AM
My girlfriend has a cousin that coaches cheerleading. Hes pretty serious about it. His name is Nick Johnson. I think he used to be in the Eastgate area and then moved to the BlueAsh area. They say he's pretty good. I dont know anything about it or how good he is.

DSSKing68
01-31-2013, 07:27 AM
He coaches for Pride now. My daughter was sad to see him leave. He was a great coach, all of the Cheerleaders loved him. I saw him Sunday, even though he is on a competing team, he was there when my daughter competed to show support. He is a good guy.

full force
01-31-2013, 07:33 AM
My stepdaughter has been since she was 4, she's 19 and in college now and she is upset this is her last year... she loves it, she does the competative dance or whatever it is now, not really cheer, ends up inworlds in Orlando every year... I have been roped into going to Chicago in Feb for one of her last gigs... good thing to keep these girls out of trouble as they dont have time for anything else...

Support your girls and dont be a "cheer mom" too bad haha that show is kinda ccurate actually..