Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
what is this?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : what is this??

redfirepearlgt
01-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Has anyone ever seen box like this near an A/C condensor unit on a home? Any clue what it may be? I've never seen such a box associated with A/C units. Nothing ties to the AC unit. All cables go back into the home. The disconnect for the condensor is to the left of the box.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj528/redfirepearlgt/a_what.jpg

Stangman
01-28-2013, 11:54 AM
They're watching you.

LOL

But seriously. It looks like it has a flip up door at the top of that little black box. Have you looked at that yet?

04 Venom
01-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Could it be something Duke added to turn on-off during peak use times? If so, you should be getting a credit on your bill.

redfirepearlgt
01-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Could it be something Duke added to turn on-off during peak use times? If so, you should be getting a credit on your bill.

That makes sense. Thanks. It's not on my home. Just saw it and was curious.

redfirepearlgt
01-28-2013, 12:02 PM
They're watching you.

LOL

But seriously. It looks like it has a flip up door at the top of that little black box. Have you looked at that yet?

YOU SOOOOOOO FUNNY!!:D NO not able to get close to it. I think Venom has it pegged though. I was concerned it might be as you joked, but Venoms hypothesis does hold water. Jives with the current owner, and the previous as well. It does have an access door on it as you can see. The door nor any part appear to be transluscent. Thanks again guys.

DSSKing68
01-28-2013, 12:16 PM
My house had one of those peak shutdown boxes on it when I bought it. It didn't look anything like that. It was connected to the condensor, it just broke the signal calling for the air conditioning to run.

k062693w
01-28-2013, 12:49 PM

:bigthumb
Pioneer Electric here !!! They give me $30 a month credit for June-Sept ... Turns on/off AC every 15 minutes ...

redfirepearlgt
01-28-2013, 01:51 PM
thanks. appreciate the feedback.