PDA

View Full Version : Facebook or Social Media used for business???

leroy93lx
01-06-2013, 05:07 PM
I know a few people on here have Facebook pages for their businesses. Do you think it helps with business? What are the advantages and disadvantages to it? Other than free advertising. I am looking into having a website built and social media links were recommended. I am not a Facebook , Twitter...... person, but if I can use it as a business tool I might consider setting it up. We have an employee now that can and will maintain both the Website and a Facebook page. I will just work with him on what I want! Do you think its a valuable tool? We were mainly thinking Facebook may be a decent tool to get to the younger crowd. Getting to a younger age group of golfers makes for potential long term future customers like most of our current members. Being new to the Golf Course business , we are just looking at all avenues for growth.

Kevin1989
01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
I know a few people on here have Facebook pages for their businesses. Do you think it helps with business? What are the advantages and disadvantages to it? Other than free advertising. I am looking into having a website built and social media links were recommended. I am not a Facebook , Twitter...... person, but if I can use it as a business tool I might consider setting it up. We have an employee now that can and will maintain both the Website and a Facebook page. I will just work with him on what I want! Do you think its a valuable tool? We were mainly thinking Facebook may be a decent tool to get to the younger crowd. Getting to a younger age group of golfers makes for potential long term future customers like most of our current members. Being new to the Golf Course business , we are just looking at all avenues for growth.
I am Addicted to facebook lol I constantly check it when im bored... and I do follow multiple business on facebook they post up events, sales, and other stuff that might be going on in the store or what have you. I do think its a valuable tool to promote your business and get the name out there.

jktruckin06
01-06-2013, 05:34 PM
I would do both Facebook and twitter. Even consider Google+. Anything that is free that could bring you even one customer would be worth it I would think.

redfirepearlgt
01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
So which course? What are you offering? Deal in Calloway? Offer a SBZ discount? Want to host an SBZ outing?

Katmandu
01-06-2013, 06:24 PM
I know a few people on here have Facebook pages for their businesses. Do you think it helps with business? What are the advantages and disadvantages to it? Other than free advertising. Absolutely helps. :bigthumb My wife built up a rather large network of Facebook "Likes" when she had her business.

The biggest advantage (other than Free advertising) is building and maintain that FREE Network of people that "LIKE" your business.

ibstrokin
01-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Yes, it's worth it. I follow a few business' on FB, the updates let me know what they have going on, even if I don't go to their website.