Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
SPEEDWAY Price Fixing of Gas Prices PROOF.... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SPEEDWAY Price Fixing of Gas Prices PROOF....

Katmandu
11-20-2012, 04:56 PM
...for those that are unaware of Speedway's practice. They've been doing it now for years.

The Chart below PROVES the theory of price fixing for the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan region. This region is served by Speedway who allegedly fixes gas prices and SPIKES them on a very regular consistent basis !

When one compares ANY City within this region to a City OUTSIDE this region and you will see the SAME result as the chart above! So when the media gets all hyped up that Gas prices are spiking every 7-8 days, you will now be educated as to WHY this happens!

Here's the Link to the Historical Gas Prices in the USA. ---> http://www.daytongasprices.com/Retail_Price_Chart.aspx

The trick of this pricing is to SLOWLY lower the price over many days (lull the Consumer "Back to Sleep") and the SPIKE them just when they get comfortable with the lower prices!

This is extremely effective at racking in profits for the Corporations !!!

Please help to spread the word and educate people as to the Spike in Gas Prices.

http://img.claspics.com/1xvya1hh/h9rj4lxf/1353446608-335.JPG_m.jpg

Maximus
11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
And? What the Fuck are we all going to do about it? Not a damn thing. We are the middle class and will ALWAYS take it up the ass when it comes to Fuel, Beer, Guns, ammo & smokes.
Until fuckers start blwing up stations, Not one thing is going to change.:eek:

adragon72
11-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Yep I agree Craig!! It's bull shit

Katmandu
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
And? What the Fuck are we all going to do about it? Not a damn thing. Actually Craig, there is a lot you can do to save yourself a lot of $$$. If you sign up on www.GasPrices.com you can receive Email ALERTS to up coming spikes in Gas Prices.

You can get better prices if you follow this pricing trend. I don't know about you, but saving a few bucks here and a few bucks there means a shitload to me!

Hopefully it will bring a small peace of mind to some now knowing WHY Gas Prices spike UP and slide down around here.

cstreu1026
11-20-2012, 08:44 PM
And? What the Fuck are we all going to do about it? Not a damn thing. We are the middle class and will ALWAYS take it up the ass when it comes to Fuel, Beer, Guns, ammo & smokes.
Until fuckers start blwing up stations, Not one thing is going to change.:eek:

We're going to bend over and take it up the poop chute because the only alternative is to drive less.

Galaxie
11-20-2012, 08:59 PM
I wont buy shit from any Speedway . I wouldnt wipe my ass with all the money they have combined . I caught a local station with false readings on there pumps several years back and nearly went to jail for it . After 30 minutes of arguing they called the police and they told me pay for it or go to jail .I finally convinced him to walk to the car and should him where it said i had 19 gallons of gas on the dash read out and the pump claimed I put in 23 gallons .The manual also stated the fuel tank capacity of being 19.4 gallons . I had driven the car daily to work for 7 months and had never put in more than 18 gallons with the low fuel light being on for over 10 miles . I have not bought anything at a Speedway for over 10 years . The police man searched my car for a gas can and then told the cashier they could not charge me for more gas than my car could hold they called the manager and he said to just let me pay for 19 gallons .

bestracing
11-21-2012, 09:31 AM
I've known this for years and I avoid buying gas from speedway. A few years back the local news interviewed the owner of the Ky. 18 Truck Stop and he said that Speedway will lower their prices below market value during known slow sales periods to drive more sales and then raise them for days that they know the demand will be higher like the weekends which force other local business to do the same because they loose customers during the low price period and then they have to raise the prices to make up the difference. He tried to combat it by keeping his price steady but after a few months they were following the price see-saw just like everyone else.

Also has anyone else noticed on Ky. 18 that there are 4 Speedways stations now? Just a few months ago I was out at Tractor Supply and noticed that everyone of them had a different price up for gas.....crazy

akagreg3
11-21-2012, 10:01 AM
ever seen the show moonshiners?

thats my plan to make moonshin in my basement and get my car tuned to run on the shit lol as long as i can keep from drinking it all lmfao:tongue2:

Katmandu
11-21-2012, 04:35 PM
I wont buy shit from any Speedway . I wouldnt wipe my ass with all the money they have combined . I caught a local station with false readings on there pumps several years back and nearly went to jail for it . You should of reported it to the County Auditor's office as well. They are responsible for periodically checking/measuring all gas pumps in their perspective County.

You should see a County Auditor's Office seal for ALL gas pumps. It should state the year in which that particular pump was QC'd.

Galaxie
11-21-2012, 10:29 PM
If I would have been older at the time I would have handled it differentially . They were notified but I dont remember there being any stink about it . Small town shit gets covered up with money or if ya know the right people .

akagreg3
11-22-2012, 12:06 AM
If I would have been older at the time I would have handled it differentially . They were notified but I dont remember there being any stink about it . Small town shit gets covered up with money or if ya know the right people .

I heard that if any pump is reported they have to go check it

Katmandu
11-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Small town shit gets covered up with money or if ya know the right people .:lol: Yea, trying dealing with the KKK (I mean the PPP) up in Piqua! :lol:

qwk93ta
11-26-2012, 06:26 AM
I worked for Speedway about 25 years ago. At that time they had one individual who was responsible for setting prices all over this area. He would call all 400 plus stations and the managers would give him the prices of the other gas stations within thier area. He would then set the price. At that time they typically increased price going into a holiday weekend.

Katmandu
12-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Here's the link to the DaytonGasPrices.com forum.

http://www.daytongasprices.com/Forum_Topics.aspx?page_no=1&master=1&category=1177&fav=N

and for you folks down in the Cincy area here's your forum.

http://www.cincygasprices.com/Forum_Category.aspx

thecollector
12-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Lets take our foil hats off for a moment and think of the charts comparison. Running a 9 month trend following fuel prices for a region with different EPA blends and density of popultion is not enough to hang anyone.

6- the number of different Fuel distribution regions sanctioned and governed by the EPA.
4- the number of seasons each of those 6 fuel regions must change there fuel blend.
24- the amount of different fuel blends distributed throughout the US in a calender year for 1 given octane rating. The only product that changes formulations for regions sold by gas stations is GAS. Milk- same, beer-same, soda-same, chips-same.

Run those charts for 18 months out, add in St Louis Mo and Erie PA.
Speedway has zero presence in either market yet the trends are very similar.

I get the feeling this thread is full of potential jury members who would convict someone of their own murder.:rolleyes:

Who are the "corporations". This sounds like a thread from the x-files or something. If by corporations you mean marathon oil- a publicly traded company you should really look at your retirement and stop being a hypocrite. Chances are no matter what funds or investments you have unless you are hand picking them 5% is the dreaded "BIG OIL", even if you are a public employee.

So far the only thing you have to purchase is health insurance...- for now.

Watch a Jesse Ventre "documentary" and find something else to complain about.