PDA

View Full Version : 90 gt problems

BlazinEagle
11-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Buddy has a 90 GT with a powerdyne supercharger and automatic transmission.
30lb injectors and matching meter
Trickflow intake
Was tuned at cincy speed 2 years ago with nothing being added since then.
Blew the stock trans on the way home!
Got the trans rebuilt with performance parts from Northgate transmission.
Car has been driven less than 4000 miles since trans install but the car has been back now 3 times for the trans not wanting to shift when it gets up to temp.
The transmission shop says it is not covered under warranty anymore since it has been fixed twice already. He is claiming it is something else wrong with the car. Car drives great for about 10-15 minutes until it gets hot then it acts like there is only 1st gear. The car had a fresh stock shortblock installed about 5000 miles ago and the supercharger only has a 4lb pulley on it i believe. It only puts down 305 to the wheels. Any ideas on whats going on????
Thanks,
Rodney

Buckeye
11-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Weak trans pump or nicked o ring causeing lost pressure

BlazinEagle
11-14-2012, 08:40 AM
So do you think there could be anything wrong with the motor or tune causing this problem? I know Nothing about transmissions but it seems to me that it has to be something with the trans.

mustangjon
11-14-2012, 09:45 AM
aod's are inheriatly weak, and doesnt take much to cause one to go out (power wise), hell my v2 putting out more boost but just running for a week or 2 before i swapped trans, caused the stock converter to balloon and rub the block plate.