Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fox Brake Line Needed!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fox Brake Line Needed!!

NXcoupe
11-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I need the brake line that goes from the bottom of the master cylinder to the driver's side frame rail and connects to the rubber hose. I would like it as rust free as possible, but as beggers can't be too choosey, I'll take what ya got if it's not leaking. I need this for a 4 cyl coupe I drug out of my back 40, and it'll be road worthy again. Please help, willing to give 20 bucks for one in decent shape and off the car if possible. Let me know, PM or call me.

facemelter71
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
They make an adapter to put standard line on there. Ford made them wierd. One end is Metric bubble flare and the other is standard inverted or double flare. Eaton makes the adapter and you can get it at oriellys or auto store by you. It allows you to run a regular double flare line at both ends.

facemelter71
11-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Looks like this thing here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Metric-Bubble-Flare-to-SAE-Inverted-Flare-Brake-Adapter-Fitting-M10-/120841582112

NXcoupe
11-13-2012, 08:46 AM
I appreciate that, but was just looking for a line off a junker 4 cyl I could just toss on it and be done. I have the bubble flare kit and both fittings off the line, and sunce I got the usual lack of responses on here, Ill just make ine myself. Itll end up being 5 bucks or less but take some time.

Thanks for tryin to help!

akagreg3
11-13-2012, 10:52 AM
thats what i did mike, went to advance and got line and adpters, coast like 10$

used a wrench to bend it up around the break booster, no leaks worked out great. you need line and two adpters, on for the master and one for the end of the line.

NXcoupe
11-13-2012, 11:08 PM
I guess that's what's going to end up happening. I'll just use the fittings off the original line, they are in good shape. I'll cut and bend one, but I won't get to it till next week sometime, so if someone comes up with a brakeline in the meantime, I'll buy it!

NXcoupe
11-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Found one at the shop, digging around for something else and found it. That led to the discovery of the second and the original rust hole I thought I had, showing itself.\.