Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
B&G turbo kits [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : B&G turbo kits

SCHMUCKINGHAM
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
After reading builds on this forums and others I came to the conclusion that B&G was they way to go for my build at the beginning of this season. I purchased a used kit but found out the head flange was not right for my Vic. Jr heads. I called B&G up in April of this year, the day I called no one answered but I immediately got a call back from Brian himself. I told him what I was doing and that I already had a used kit that did not work with my heads, he said he can make a set with the right flanges but he does not have the flange in his CNC machine. We came to an agreement that I would send him the gaskets and he would get the kit out in 10.5 weeks. My card was charged 4.23.12 and I sent the header gaskets out the next day and called a few days later to make sure he got them, and he did. After two weeks I called and asked to make a small change with the O2 bungs and he said no issue and that the 10.5 weeks was still on.

Fast forward to September. I called them twice in one week, first time was no answer and the second time I got Tisha ( sorry if I mis-spell her name or butcher it completely) who was very nice and polite about everything. She checked with Brian and said the kit was in his current batch. Some time rolls by and I call again on 10.25.12 and leave a message, have not heard from them. At one point I did call and ask to cancel my order but was told there was a 20% re-stocking fee and that I was better off selling it once I got it.

This is not a bash thread because from what I saw and what I hear they make good stuff, however I paid the entire balance on 4.23.12 and today is 11.5.12 with nothing to show. At this point I just want my stuff so I can move on.

plated
11-06-2012, 04:51 PM
zimmerz fab took care of me on my turbo kit.pm him his names jason his work is titts!! nice honest guy to.

Walter
11-06-2012, 04:54 PM
After reading builds on this forums and others I came to the conclusion that B&G was they way to go for my build at the beginning of this season. I purchased a used kit but found out the head flange was not right for my Vic. Jr heads. I called B&G up in April of this year, the day I called no one answered but I immediately got a call back from Brian himself. I told him what I was doing and that I already had a used kit that did not work with my heads, he said he can make a set with the right flanges but he does not have the flange in his CNC machine. We came to an agreement that I would send him the gaskets and he would get the kit out in 10.5 weeks. My card was charged 4.23.12 and I sent the header gaskets out the next day and called a few days later to make sure he got them, and he did. After two weeks I called and asked to make a small change with the O2 bungs and he said no issue and that the 10.5 weeks was still on.

Fast forward to September. I called them twice in one week, first time was no answer and the second time I got Tisha ( sorry if I mis-spell her name or butcher it completely) who was very nice and polite about everything. She checked with Brian and said the kit was in his current batch. Some time rolls by and I call again on 10.25.12 and leave a message, have not heard from them. At one point I did call and ask to cancel my order but was told there was a 20% re-stocking fee and that I was better off selling it once I got it.

This is not a bash thread because from what I saw and what I hear they make good stuff, however I paid the entire balance on 4.23.12 and today is 11.5.12 with nothing to show. At this point I just want my stuff so I can move on.

Thought u was all about them on3 kits?

draggin50
11-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I just had Gary Rohe do mine and it was done quick and turned out great!

NXcoupe
11-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Sorry to hear this. Keep trying to get in touch with them and get your stuff. If you want something done localy, +1 for Zimmer's fab.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
11-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Thought u was all about them on3 kits?

OH HELL NO!

Sorry to hear this. Keep trying to get in touch with them and get your stuff. If you want something done localy, +1 for Zimmer's fab.

I am in Columbus so Zimmers is not local. This is not the only place that has held things up and it is sad to say that I will have to get out of cars. I cant do this hurry up and wait crap anymore.

blue5.8
11-07-2012, 10:01 AM
+ on zimmer but you should wait so he can finish up my dash swap before he gets even more swamped

Moody
11-07-2012, 11:48 AM
+1 zimmers he did a ton of stuff to my car. Amazing work and a great man to deal with.

Goober
11-07-2012, 01:34 PM
... Fast forward to September. I called them twice in one week, first time was no answer and the second time I got Tisha ( sorry if I mis-spell her name or butcher it completely) who was very nice and polite about everything. She checked with Brian and said the kit was in his current batch. Some time rolls by and I call again on 10.25.12 and leave a message, have not heard from them. At one point I did call and ask to cancel my order but was told there was a 20% re-stocking fee and that I was better off selling it once I got it...

Sounds like they just want to hold onto your money (telling you that "you'd be better off" raises a BIG red flag with me). I'd cancel ASAP, eat the 20% and go somewhere else.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
11-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Sounds like they just want to hold onto your money (telling you that "you'd be better off" raises a BIG red flag with me). I'd cancel ASAP, eat the 20% and go somewhere else.

180 bucks is not easy to eat

2Kblacksleeper
11-07-2012, 04:21 PM
You could post on the turbo forums. There are a lot of his nut swingers there. It may help? I know he spends time over there.

I'd like to get back in a fox and go with a pony down kit, but he has had alot of issues lately also.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
11-07-2012, 04:32 PM
You could post on the turbo forums. There are a lot of his nut swingers there. It may help? I know he spends time over there.

I'd like to get back in a fox and go with a pony down kit, but he has had alot of issues lately also.

Pony Down has pretty much disappeared from what I hear.

Its on the turbo forums, its almost like crickets LOL

Goober
11-07-2012, 05:44 PM
180 bucks is not easy to eat
Better than being screwed out of $900, which it sounds like you're on the path to that. Isn't B&G located in Ohio?

2Kblacksleeper
11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Huh, I haven't been on turbo forums in a couple weeks.

That sucks man. I wish you the best.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
11-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Better than being screwed out of $900, which it sounds like you're on the path to that. Isn't B&G located in Ohio?

Ohio Kentucky, I am sure I could find out.

Rick93coupe
11-08-2012, 01:10 PM
He does usually get good reviews, who knows what's going on. As a Zimmers customer, I couldn't be happier with the finished results. The upside is it's built to your car and around your accessories.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
11-08-2012, 01:13 PM
He does usually get good reviews, who knows what's going on. As a Zimmers customer, I couldn't be happier with the finished results. The upside is it's built to your car and around your accessories.

IF I was finishing the project I would make a phone call to Zimmers, sounds like they do good work.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
11-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Update:

Brain got a hold of me on Friday of last week and we sorted all this mess out. He has been more than understanding and professional about it. Apparently my ticket got mixed up and put on hold, he has been out for awhile sick so no one was there to answer the phone.

coleary1992
11-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Did he cut you a deal or anything bc its taking so long?

SN95N/A
11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Good here ur gettin it straightened out

BuckeyeAlex
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I hope he treated you right, 6 1/2 months is a long time to be given the runaround.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
11-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Did he cut you a deal or anything bc its taking so long?

I hope he treated you right, 6 1/2 months is a long time to be given the runaround.

Since I disputed it with my CC already he was totally fine with order being cancelled. He for sure made it right and I commend him for it, if I decide to build a car again I will give him another shot.