Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Quarter panel repair opinions [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quarter panel repair opinions

exrider416
09-20-2012, 11:22 PM
My 2012 got hit by a tree branch. What are your guys opinions? Pull it and fix it? or new quarter? Pics aren't the best

lxenvy
09-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Insurance paying for it?? If so I'd say replace it

exrider416
09-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Insurance paying for it?? If so I'd say replace it

yes indeed. Started off insurance wrote an estimate to pull it for 8 hours labor :lol:took it too Ford they said needs a new quarter, well called them today and they ended up pulling it and think it will be fine. It creased every body line in the quarter, which i think are tough line to recreate

lxenvy
09-20-2012, 11:55 PM
If it was mine i would want it replaced period! Thats a big body line. Id like to see it after they pulled it and said "it will be fine" Def sucks man.

exrider416
09-21-2012, 11:54 AM
If it was mine i would want it replaced period! Thats a big body line. Id like to see it after they pulled it and said "it will be fine" Def sucks man.

Yeah. I am stopping there today to take a look at it.

Stangman
09-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah you could pound it out and use body filler but it won't be quite "right". I agree. Have them put a new quarter on it. If it were mine, I couldn't stand knowing my brand new car had a chunk of bondo in the quarter.

mad max
09-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I would want a new quarter , that just my opinion .

exrider416
09-21-2012, 01:57 PM
They keep persuading that you do not want to break the factory welds. But i am going tonight too visit them face to face to talk it over.

MFIELD
09-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Do you guys realize how much factory corrosion and sealers you disturb by cutting a quarter off? I don't care how good any shop is they cannot duplicate what the factory does. I did this stuff for over 20 years and that is repairable all day long and done properly there will be less bondo in it than if the quarter is replaced.

MFIELD
09-21-2012, 06:19 PM
The other funny part to me is everyone wants to bitch about insurance rates and then wonder why.

lxenvy
09-21-2012, 09:23 PM
If I shell out that much money for a car on top of HIGH ins. Im just saying ME personally I would want it replaced. Ive been in and around shops for 20+ years and I have seen somethings that would make me wonder. If you can trust the people doing it and take progress pics just to be 100% then ok.

CNTLOSE
09-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Either way if it were me it would be for sale right after it was fixed. I can not stand the thought of my car being wrecked at one time.

lxenvy
09-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Either way if it were me it would be for sale right after it was fixed. I can not stand the thought of my car being wrecked at one time.

I concur :D

MFIELD
09-21-2012, 10:05 PM

To each there own, I have no issues with a wrecked vehicle. But I always fix my own. I have had at least 5 or 6 totaled cars that I rebuilt and drive for years.

exrider416
09-21-2012, 10:16 PM

Well it technically wasn't wrecked.

1baddlx
09-22-2012, 09:18 AM
The other funny part to me is everyone wants to bitch about insurance rates and then wonder why.

Insurance rates are high not just from replacing quarter panels, it is based on credit score as well and I think its bullshit that you have to have uninsured motorist...deer don't help either...

mad max
09-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I dont have a problem with wrecked vehicles either , my first mustang was a salvage title car and was one of the best vehicles i have owned. The part i would be interested to see them fix is the wrinkle right below the window there. That was why i said new quarter.

MFIELD
09-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Insurance rates are high not just from replacing quarter panels, it is based on credit score as well and I think its bullshit that you have to have uninsured motorist...deer don't help either...

Your absolutely right, its high due to a lot of reasons. If you only knew what people try and get away with when they file a claim. Not everyone but it happens way to often. What gets me the most is most people don't have any idea of what there policy says and how it works. They only want to go on what the buddy says or what they think they are entitled to. As far as uninsured motorist, if everyone would obey the law and carry coverage you wouldn't have to pay for it. That's not the insurance companies fault. Trust me, if you get hit by someone that doesn't have insurance you will be happy you have it.

coupegt
09-22-2012, 10:50 PM
i would have it replaced also its hard to get it right with filler where you cant notice it

exrider416
09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
They were ready to release the car today. If you run your hand across it you can still feel an indentation. They feel it is good. Progressive said take it too another shop and have them look into fixing it correctly.

lxenvy
09-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Wow that blows. Thats exactly what i was talking about. A GOOD body man would have done this correctly. But I dont know any that work at a big dealer. Thats why i said replace it. Hope it works out for u man. And hopefully the insurance company will stick with u through this!

chris91
09-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah that definitely sucks man. Hope you get it straightened out with as little hassle as possible. Just dont get frustrated and settle with anything less than perfection since thats a brand new ride.

exrider416
09-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Wow that blows. Thats exactly what i was talking about. A GOOD body man would have done this correctly. But I dont know any that work at a big dealer. Thats why i said replace it. Hope it works out for u man. And hopefully the insurance company will stick with u through this!

I am dealing with the supervisor now and he said take it somewhere else and they will take care of it. Good thing is it will be at the dyno day lol

exrider416
09-27-2012, 07:57 PM
The former manager agrees there is a wrinkle still, but he put his two weeks notice in and that is why he is no longer a manager. So the new manager says its fine. Old manager said he tried to tell them about it and they pretty much told him to keep his mouth shut

chris91
09-27-2012, 08:05 PM
The former manager agrees there is a wrinkle still, but he put his two weeks notice in and that is why he is no longer a manager. So the new manager says its fine. Old manager said he tried to tell them about it and they pretty much told him to keep his mouth shut

Thats straight shady. Care to share which Ford this is so everyone knows to steer clear of them?

exrider416
09-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Thats straight shady. Care to share which Ford this is so everyone knows to steer clear of them?

Walt Sweeney. Even my insurance lady said the shop has changed since the new manager took over.

lxenvy
09-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Wow best of luck to u. Hope it works out

exrider416
09-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Wow best of luck to u. Hope it works out

Thank you. It drives me nut to deal with all the BS in getting your car fixed right! I thought maybe i was just tricking myself into feeling a indent, but when the manager that was demoted said he feels and see's it also, i realized i wasnt just crazy :lol: maybe at dyno day Saturday i can get some more opinions