Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
kind of a rant? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : kind of a rant?

jktruckin06
09-19-2012, 11:35 AM
How do you guys feel about tipping at Sonics? I will tip when I stay in the car, but when i walk up and order I don't. Then they give me the I want a dollar look. My buddy says no you don't tip at fast food places and that Sonics is no different.

chris91
09-19-2012, 12:32 PM
I tip whenever food is brought to me. So yeah I guess I would at sonic too.

ojsherbergt
09-19-2012, 12:41 PM
i wouldnt even if it was brought to me in the car they aint like waiters that only make 4.00 dollars an hour and make the majorety of there money on tips

sean
09-19-2012, 01:39 PM
If its cold out ill go to swifty gas stations and tip the guy pumping my gas.

bobtsgt
09-19-2012, 01:43 PM
If they bring it out I give them a dollar. Drive threw no way.

jktruckin06
09-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Damn etiquette! Sonic is truly puzzling! It's like Rallys except they open up the door and walk it to ya.

jktruckin06
09-19-2012, 01:52 PM
What was horrible is when BW3 went from self serve to the person walking it out to you. The employees weren't fully serving you and still wanted tips lol.

thecollector
09-19-2012, 02:29 PM
It gets even more complicated if you sit @ the tables on the slab by the window. Drive thru- no way, if you roller skate the junk out to me like a trained ape- its worth money, but what if you just open the door and sling it across my table? I say no.... unless you got the skates on.

jktruckin06
09-19-2012, 02:54 PM
So skates get your tip... makes sense.

Chunk94GT
09-19-2012, 05:27 PM
When I do a pickup at Papa Johns, I always put a line threw the tip and they get pissed about it. I did all the work of getting so why would I tip them, Hell I should get a tip or a discount for getting it myself.

jktruckin06
09-19-2012, 07:55 PM
When I do a pickup at Papa Johns, I always put a line threw the tip and they get pissed about it. I did all the work of getting so why would I tip them, Hell I should get a tip or a discount for getting it myself.

Heard that. Pizza delivery is pricey nowadays, I pick mine up too

orangedemon331
09-19-2012, 08:56 PM
It's bad enough now on delivery the charge you a delivery fee and then want a tip also, turns a $20 pizza into a $30 pizza!! Digorno's for me FTW!!!

jktruckin06
09-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Dude we get the cheap crust mix, just add water and all your toppings. Crushes anything frozen... give it a try if ya get bored

orangedemon331
09-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Hell yeah I will!! My wife fixes the kids chef boy r dee pizza and it's crap!! Got fooled into eating it once, NEVER AGAIN!

jktruckin06
09-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah shenanigans there. I'll put a whole pound of bacon on it and sliced green olives. That's my shit fo sho

redfirepearlgt
09-19-2012, 09:35 PM

Classic case of entitlement. I do not tip when I pick up either. As well when I know an order has a delivery fee added to it, the delivery tip goes down. It the service at a full service is great they may get upwards of 25%. IF service sucks 5%. I never tip 10% anymore on poor service.

I was in Orlando once on business. We went to an Italian Restaurant (full service). The guy was an ass to say the least. The food was cold and he walked around like he was God's gift to the world. I tipped him 10% and on exiting heard him comment as he walked away, "F'ing Canadians don't know how to tip". I got up, walked right up to him and said "Wrong F'ing server SUCKS!" So I never tip 10% any more. Poor service 5%. Average 15%. Good 20%. Excellent 25%.

jktruckin06
09-19-2012, 09:40 PM
That's a pretty good scale. Everyone today wants something for nothing

orangedemon331
09-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Might take sexual advances to get up to 25%, lmfao

sean
09-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Pizza delivery charge does suck but the a holes that charge that dont give it to the driver. I delivered for about a year and it was actually fun. Even did it in my calypso car a few times.. lol Least I got was nothing but the dollar for the run for gas, biggest I got was just under 100.oo in a bigger order. Had a couple very odd customers that would always tip 10 to 15 BUT a 3 dollar tip was great. 5 was even better and you were remembered and put ahead of of ther orders.

Mista Bone
09-19-2012, 11:12 PM
What was horrible is when BW3 went from self serve to the person walking it out to you. The employees weren't fully serving you and still wanted tips lol.

Sit at the bar while at BW3's, plus I get to see the Trivia screen better.

redfirepearlgt
09-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Might take sexual advances to get up to 25%, lmfao

30% if she's cute!!!

redfirepearlgt
09-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Pizza delivery charge does suck but the a holes that charge that dont give it to the driver. I delivered for about a year and it was actually fun. Even did it in my calypso car a few times.. lol Least I got was nothing but the dollar for the run for gas, biggest I got was just under 100.oo in a bigger order. Had a couple very odd customers that would always tip 10 to 15 BUT a 3 dollar tip was great. 5 was even better and you were remembered and put ahead of of ther orders.

Thanks for that heads up Sean. Always assumed the delivery charge went to the drivers as a pooled tip deal per shift. Will keep that in mind on future deliveries.

sean
09-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks for that heads up Sean. Always assumed the delivery charge went to the drivers as a pooled tip deal per shift. Will keep that in mind on future deliveries.

Some places pay a flat dollar or so per run for gas some don't. Usually if it's a car that belongs to the delivery place the driver gets no flat per delivery. i never knew before i delivered either.

Mista Bone
09-20-2012, 03:35 AM
I rarely have pizza delivered. Order PJ's and get the normal 20 minute time slot, just enough time to run through the drive-thru for a 12 pack and then pick up the pie.

Last time I had Donatos dropped of it was a snowstorm. The kid drove up the hills from Fairfield towards Pleastant Run in his V6 Stang, I just handed him $40 on a $25 order.

jktruckin06
09-20-2012, 05:46 AM
Snappy tomato was the best place I delivered for. Had a little gen2 Integra (settle down bone) lol... I made minimum wage (5.75) plus a buck per delivery which was paid daily, plus tips. Sometimes it figured to 12-13 an hour. If I remember right, larosas paid server pay which was like 2.13 at the time.

I always tip 25% if they are on time with what they tell you, same with Jimmy johns.

MustangChuck
09-20-2012, 07:44 AM

x2 on this. I used to deliver pizzas for the Pizza Hut on Colerain that is right across from Quaker Steak and Lube before I joined the army. In my day, the driver only got $.75 per delivery at peak times (dinner rush, etc.) and only like $1.00 or $1.25 on non-peak times (day drivers). A few times I delivered on really rainy or snowy days and I came out with a lot of good tips that night, but a few times I had nasty customers who would slam the door in my face.

One time, back when Pizza Hut had the Chicago Style pizza with stuffed crust throughout (not just at the ends) and with marinara sauce on top, I had a lady open her window after everything was delivered and said "You know, you could have taken better care of this pizza. I even gave you a good tip and everything. What an @$$hole!" and shut the window. She then proceeded to call my manager and told him that she wanted me fired lol. I didnt get fired and we just sort of laughed at it. It should be noted that i did NOT destroy the pizza and that the pizza looked "messy" cuz of the marinara sauce (maybe a case of "I wanted it to look like it does on the pictures"?).

akagreg3
09-20-2012, 02:01 PM
i delivered pizza and beer up in oxford lol drunk collage kids tip GREAT when you bring them more beer and smokes :chug:

sean
09-20-2012, 02:09 PM
I hear mios here in lebanon delivers beer. lol

akagreg3
09-20-2012, 02:14 PM
more places need to do it $$$, but you gotta have a special liquor license

Gene
09-20-2012, 02:27 PM
i delivered pizza and beer up in oxford lol drunk collage kids tip GREAT when you bring them more beer and smokes :chug:

There was a pizza place at Ohio State that would deliver beer to the dorms. You had to meet them at the side door so they wouldn't get busted.

When I was in high school, the Donato's in Blue Ash would deliver weed as well. :cool1: