Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
ATTN Kil Kare Racers/fans *Please Read* [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Kil Kare Racers/fans *Please Read*

Kwik92GT
08-22-2012, 03:19 AM
There will be a meeting at the Xenia Twp Office (8 Brush Row Rd. in Xenia), on Sept. 6th @ 7PM, to discuss the closing of Kil Kare because of noise complaints.

I urge anyone who wants to see this track stay open to go to this meeting and voice their opinion. The new ownership has put a lot of money into this facility to give the racers, and fans, a better place to race/spectate, with more to come. We need to give them our support. We don't need to start losing our local tracks like you see in other parts of the country. :mad:

331lx
08-22-2012, 09:28 AM
I heard this on esc, this is ridiculous that ppl complain about the dam race track...

Kwik92GT
08-22-2012, 10:45 AM
I heard this on esc, this is ridiculous that ppl complain about the dam race track...

Yeah, I guess people buy houses, or build for that matter, near race tracks expecting it to be quiet. :rolleyes:

What's really crazy about what is going on in this situation, from what I'm hearing, is that the prior owners of the track are partly responsible for getting this rolling.

cstreu1026
08-22-2012, 12:12 PM
I am sure the bulk of the complaints are coming from the subdivision just up the road on Trebein. They bought houses just a mile or so from a race track that has been in business for decades...I don't feel one bit sorry for them

90fastgt
08-22-2012, 02:31 PM
They must be jealous its doin better now than when they had it people are idiots

Kevin1989
08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
I am sure the bulk of the complaints are coming from the subdivision just up the road on Trebein. They bought houses just a mile or so from a race track that has been in business for decades...I don't feel one bit sorry for them

That's the problem with out country and people now. Thy buy a damn house close to a racetrack and then get pissed cause its loud.... And then when they bitch the get thier way for being a moron. I'd love to live by a race track!! They don't know what they are missing

cstreu1026
08-22-2012, 04:56 PM
If you build or buy a house next to a highway and don't like the noise you wouldn't ask the government to close down the road. So it shouldnt be acceptable for the township to deprive the owner of his right to operate a 53 year old business because the new neighbors don't like the noise.

For the record I can not only hear the race cars at Kilkare but also planes from the Greene County Airport and Wright Patterson Air Force Base, and traffic on US 35 which is over a mile away but you don't hear me complaining. I say if they succeed in getting the track shut down racers should sue those who complained for depriving them of a safe place to enjoy their hobby.

Kevin1989
08-22-2012, 05:23 PM
If you build or buy a house next to a highway and don't like the noise you wouldn't ask the government to close down the road. So it shouldnt be acceptable for the township to deprive the owner of his right to operate a 53 year old business because the new neighbors don't like the noise.

For the record I can not only hear the race cars at Kilkare but also planes from the Greene County Airport and Wright Patterson Air Force Base, and traffic on US 35 which is over a mile away but you don't hear me complaining. I say if they succeed in getting the track shut down racers should sue those who complained for depriving them of a safe place to enjoy their hobby.

I bet you see a rise in street racing in the area... Then what will the judges say? You can't take it to the track if it's not there

mustangjon
08-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Just like all the houses being built around ky speedway ... Soon people will bitch

draggin50
08-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Is there a petition that will be passed around for those that cant make it? I know alot of people that wont be there but would show support.

Kwik92GT
08-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Is there a petition that will be passed around for those that cant make it? I know alot of people that wont be there but would show support.

There was talk of getting something like that going. If it happens I'll post it up.

cstreu1026
08-23-2012, 07:59 AM

There was talk of getting something like that going. If it happens I'll post it up.

A well worded letter or email to the township trustees would be just as good if not better. I wonder if anyone has thought about contacting the local news organizations?

mustang_gt88
08-23-2012, 08:10 AM
I will be there to show my support