Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
2004 SSP [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2004 SSP

Pitbull1052
08-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know if Ford produced a 2004 SSP. I know of a 2004 that seems to be a police car from Indiana, it's silver has the shotgun mount on the floor still, has the typical gun wear on the driverside bolster. He was told by the previous owner that it was an ex ISP car. Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS

B

cstreu1026
08-06-2012, 02:32 PM
I don't know that Ford ever produced a police specific version but I've seen them in Inciana and around Louisville and it colors other than the usual law enforcement choices.

Pitbull1052
08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
that's what i thought too if it is an ex police car with Ford not producing a police specific version does it make it worth any more than a standard 2004 GT? Just trying to determine the value of it.

mustangjon
08-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I would say it was a drug repo car or something. But wouldn't call it any more valued

Pitbull1052
08-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I didnt think so either but i was just reading that in 2004 that Indiana State Troopers were using 04 stangs, explorers and a few others all unmarked, most didnt even have radar in them they'd just cruise the highway wait for you to pass them or do something stupid then they'd pull you over. I dont' think it's worth anymore than any other 2004.

leroy93lx
08-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Indiana does use seizure cars for patrol cars also. Delaware county ( Muncie ) has a 96 yellow Formula Firebird, a 96 Dodge pace truck and a Marader. All the counties around ours have a few odd ball unmarked cars. There are a shit ton of 05-13 Mustang trooper cars around here. I can honestly say I have never seen any 99-04s though. It would be a pretty cool car if it had strobes and bracketry for guns and equipment.

CNTLOSE
08-06-2012, 09:10 PM
No, Ford has not produced a SSP since 1993. Several agencies, including Indiana State Police have purchased regular GT's and put them into service as traffic enforcement vehicles. I am friends with one ISP Trooper who has a 2006 blue GT that is a Shelby clone as his patrol car. Last summer I was at the ISP garage in Indy and saw them outfitting a silver 2012 GT.

GREAZY
08-06-2012, 10:26 PM
.I am friends with one ISP Trooper who has a 2006 blue GT that is a Shelby clone as his patrol car.

I saw that one a couple months ago on the norht side of Indy. I was thinking man Indiana sure does have some extra cash to use a shelby as a cop car. It is a good looking car...blue with white stripes if I remember correctly.

CNTLOSE
08-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I saw that one a couple months ago on the norht side of Indy. I was thinking man Indiana sure does have some extra cash to use a shelby as a cop car. It is a good looking car...blue with white stripes if I remember correctly.

Yep...

Basicly it was involved in a couple fender benders. The Shelby pieces were the same price as the GT so the Trooper had it replaced with them. Even had a Ford Racing cat back put on. He made a deal with ISP command if he bought the Shelby wheels, they would buy the tires. The only way to tell it is a clone...other than lifting the hood, is the Cobra's on the fenders were put on backwards...unless he has finally got around to changing them. I will see if I have some pics from the last car show I was at with him.