Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Selling a car on Ebay? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Selling a car on Ebay?

Camaro86SHOCKER
07-26-2012, 03:34 PM
I have a few questions as im sure some of you on here have sold cars on ebay before.
How do I keep from getting scammed from payment, also what stops somebody from winning the auction, showing up to get the car and saying "nah I dont really want it anymore."? then i've wasted my time and money listing the car.

My listing ad is completely honest and I posted the max number of pictures allowed even of the small areas of damage.
I put that I require a 1000 deposit 48 hours after the sale ends, and full payment within 7 days, but do I have to refund that if they back out?

Besides that is there any tips or tricks you find works best with ebay selling a car? I'm just so tired of dealing with the losers from Craigslist and I know my car is worth a lot more than what crummy car deal hunters look for.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

jktruckin06
07-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Make sure to state that deposit is non refundable.
To keep from getting scammed, get payed a normal way... either take the 3% hit on PayPal or require cash or certified cashiers check upon pickup.

Look around on eBay as well. They have a lot of resources for sellers and buyers

1987LXVert
07-26-2012, 04:54 PM
I've sold a few on there and never had an issue. Usually when your as honest as you can be with your ad and someones commits to it and sends the deposit there gonna take the car. It's best to use paypal for payment or tell em cash money only when they come to get the car that's the only way I roll. And if they don't take it that's the risk u run and keep their deposit not too many peeps out their wanna give away $500-1000 bux.

mad max
07-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Ebay also has a classified section that is free to list in , it usually only covers a 200 mile radius from your zip code. You might try that.