Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
gun man open fire in Movie Theater! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : gun man open fire in Movie Theater!

duststang
07-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Gun man open fire in movie theater!
What the heck is wrong with people. This is ridiculous if you are a psychopath kill yourself and leave everyone alone. I feel so bad for these people and their families we will be praying for them. I cannot believe this, jail is too good for this guy!
I can see it now the gun ban request will be flying in! This is the exact reason people need to carry their guns. You never know when this crap will happen. I will do my best to protect my family. This makes me that much more thankful to have the 2nd Amendment RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS! If you do not protect yourself and your families who will? I think of this type of thing happening every time I see a firearm ban at businesses. This leaves me and my family defenseless and that sign is not going to stop these criminals. Criminals break the laws, you can pass gun laws and require people not to carry but is that going to stop criminals? What a shame sorry for the tangent rant.

http://gma.yahoo.com/colorado-batman-movie-shooting-suspect-phd-student-085940589--abc-news-topstories.html

Pitbull1052
07-20-2012, 02:22 PM
what blows my mind is this guy wasnt a criminal before this...... he was a medical student i was reading the story a little bit ago and he even rigged his apartment with booby traps...... its just senseless........ and not to say anything about the parents but who the F takes their 3 month old to a midnight movie.... it takes all types i guess and an arms ban will never work it's been proven too many times that crime increases where ever they've tried.......

Bman
07-20-2012, 02:31 PM
People think I'm paranoid cause I carry a gun.

06V6Andrew
07-20-2012, 02:45 PM
I think this person got lost in Batman, from what it says he was wearing a gas mask and a bulletproof vest just like the villain Bane wears.

And yes who the hell takes infants to a midnight movie! People wake up!

mwaller5672
07-20-2012, 02:49 PM
The one girl they interviewed said the only time he stopped shooting was to reload. He stopped to reload and nobody thought that would be a good time to stop him.

2Kblacksleeper
07-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I herd on the 27th, our great piece of shit president is going to sign the UN tready.

Another step in the wrong direction.

djom1cincy
07-21-2012, 11:20 AM
I herd on the 27th, our great piece of shit president is going to sign the UN tready.

Another step in the wrong direction.

I just have to laugh at people like this. There's not a chance in hell this will happen. I'm willing to bet a grand on it. It would be political suicide for Obama to do this. He wouldn't have a chance for re election if he signed it. Maybe after the election he tries to enter the treaty. Also if it was going to be signed then every republican on earth would be screaming out loud. Mitt would be screaming bloody murder also.

Don't believe everything you read on the computer.

89notch
07-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I just have to laugh at people like this. There's not a chance in hell this will happen. I'm willing to bet a grand on it. It would be political suicide for Obama to do this. He wouldn't have a chance for re election if he signed it. Maybe after the election he tries to enter the treaty. Also if it was going to be signed then every republican on earth would be screaming out loud. Mitt would be screaming bloody murder also.

Next it will be he's waiting until after re-election. :lol:

graysonracin
07-21-2012, 02:11 PM
This guy needs to be killed period. Clearly he did this so lets not waste time on a trial and putting him up while he is on trial, kill him and put it on tv and the internet so people can see it. People would cry about doing this, but it may prevent the next asshole from trying shit like this eventually, even if you have to kill a few more wastes of human life. With all the bad parenting and kids that think shit in games is real ( No offense gamers i play stuff and never think of actually killing or something) that way they will see there are actually consequences for crime not a life in jail still alive sucking the taxpayers dry, and maybe getting out early. Fuck this guy and his life, the day after this happened they should have stood him against a wall, live on tv and the web and let the parents or family members of the victims shoot this fuck in several body parts so he stays alive long enough that they all get a shot in and then just let them all unload on him. I would have no problem torturing and killing this guy. Fuck him his life should be over today! Oh and fuck the insanity bullshit, he was sane enough to be in med school and plan this attack out.

djom1cincy
07-21-2012, 07:34 PM
I 100% agree with him ^

HawksWR37
07-21-2012, 07:37 PM
If one person in the theatre had a gun it would be a different story. My fiance called me crazy when i had my gun on me when we went to the movies last weekend. not saying movies are dangerous, I carry my gun everywhere. But it just shows it can happen anywhere anytime.

02mingryGT
07-22-2012, 12:08 PM
People think I'm paranoid cause I carry a gun.

No, your just smart.

02mingryGT
07-22-2012, 12:14 PM

Has to be ratified by the Senate to become law. There is another treaty that the EPA is trying to enforce that has not been ratified here:

The lawsuit faults the EPA, the Department of Homeland Security and others for using a marine treaty amendment as the basis for the new federal regulations without waiting for ratification of that amendment by the U.S. Senate.

http://news.yahoo.com/alaska-sues-block-low-sulfur-fuel-requirement-ships-025940611.html

So think again before you think the communist douche-bag and his administration won't at least attempt to circumvent the Constitution AGAIN. I think people need to stop thinking there are limits to what this POS will attempt.

redfirepearlgt
07-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Sure does have hints of the Columbine incident in it, not to mention the tragedy occurred 10 or so miles from Columbine HS, twelve years ago.

GRAYSONRACIN...:bigthumb:bigthumb 100%.

BIGRED Z
07-23-2012, 06:52 AM
If more people carried, the nutjobs might think twice before opening fire on the general public. So to would they think twice about anything, being rude, mouthing off, road rage etc etc. And if just a few people in that theatre had guns, he would have been stopped. Let him open fire in a theatre I'm in. He'll be leaving with a bullet or 16 of his very own. And hey, I'm always up for target practice. :AR15:

Oh and yeah...who takes their 3 month old to a movie period, much less a midnight movie? At best, it's just bad parenting. At worst, it's extremely discourteous to others, when inevitably the child starts crying.

An armed society is a POLITE society.

Steves LX
07-23-2012, 11:39 AM
If people would have been carrying themselves in there it may have slowed him down at best which is better than nothing at all. But this nutjob was covered from head to toe in ballistic gear. To include shoes, legs, arms, chest, back, throat, and head. They said he was outfitted better than any swat team in america and most of our military as far as the ballistic protection went. That right there tells you he planned to have a firefight with the police if necessary and wasn't going to go down easy. The guy had 6000 rounds of various ammo for his waepons of choice with him. He had planned for bigger things than to just shoot up the theater full of innocent people. No theater that I am aware of holds 6000 people. No need to have that much ammo with you unless you have other plans afterwards. This guy needs to be shot execution style or better yet. Stoned to death just like they do in the Middle East. Let his death be slow and miserable.

Stangman
07-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Tie him to a truck. Drag him thru the town of Aurora, CO. Then once everyone in town has seen him/thrown shit at him/burned him/etc. Then hang his ass outside the theater. And let everyone and their brother blow him full of holes. But only with .22's. And starting with limbs first. Make it hurt first. Fuckin coward-ass, armor wearing bitch won't think it feels soo nice then I bet. And after that's done, feed his ass to the dogs, so that the only way this fuck gets reincarnated is in to a steaming pile of shit which he should have been in the first place.

I feel better now.

duststang
07-23-2012, 12:46 PM
If people would have been carrying themselves in there it may have slowed him down at best which is better than nothing at all. But this nutjob was covered from head to toe in ballistic gear. To include shoes, legs, arms, chest, back, throat, and head. They said he was outfitted better than any swat team in america and most of our military as far as the ballistic protection went. That right there tells you he planned to have a firefight with the police if necessary and wasn't going to go down easy. The guy had 6000 rounds of various ammo for his waepons of choice with him. He had planned for bigger things than to just shoot up the theater full of innocent people. No theater that I am aware of holds 6000 people. No need to have that much ammo with you unless you have other plans afterwards. This guy needs to be shot execution style or better yet. Stoned to death just like they do in the Middle East. Let his death be slow and miserable.

Yes I agree, not from personal experience but I am told that it hurts really bad when hit even wearing armor? a few people shooting back would at min slow him down or he might think twice. At least they could fight back and contain his attention from the others escaping. I hope they make a example out of this guy and now he acting dazed with his hair dye. i dont care what his deal is they should get rid of him and not let him enjoy the publicity.

Stangman
07-23-2012, 12:52 PM
The shitty thing is, stuff like this keeps happening because they won't make an example out of these people. The criminals mostly know they will either: A. Die during the event, or B. Sit in jail forever as a leech to society.

What happened 100+ years ago? I bet their asses were hung, in public! That's an image that sticks! Do wrong, get dealt with.

More people need to be armed. The yuppies have been trying to tame this country since it was created.... slowly slitting the throat of the people since day one when it comes to self defense.

A little more frontier justice would do this place some good imho....

facemelter71
07-23-2012, 02:06 PM
I hope where ever you read he had 6000 rounds on him was joking. You cant carry 6000 rounds of ammo anywhere.

Maybe 1000,thats doable. I have a backpack at home for carrying my ammo to and from the field. It has roughly 500 rounds of various ammo types in it. Its some thing you dont carry very far. And it is a huge backpack.

cstreu1026
07-23-2012, 02:50 PM
The gun nuts and anti-gun nuts are really coming out of the woodwork on this. No regulation will stop someone hellbent on killing people and casuing mayham/destruction. I'm all for CCW permits but marginally trained, armed citizens in a crowded movie theater getting in a a shootout with a better armed and well protected assailant is more likely to cause more casualties in the crossfire than people they will save.

jktruckin06
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
The gun nuts and anti-gun nuts are really coming out of the woodwork on this. No regulation will stop someone hellbent on killing people and casuing mayham/destruction. I'm all for CCW permits but marginally trained, armed citizens in a crowded movie theater getting in a a shootout with a better armed and well protected assailant is more likely to cause more casualties in the crossfire than people they will save.

I'd take my chances with the large group of marginally trained and armed citizens.

Maybe our country should stop being pussies and arm themselves AND take the time to learn how to properly protect their family and or others in such a situation. I was raised in a house where guns were bad and my mother wouldn't let a 10/22 in the door... that is the problem with guns in this country.

my brother just said Saturday when his buddy who carries was going to see batman that the theater was putting the no gun stickers on the doors... fucking stickers

Steves LX
07-23-2012, 03:56 PM
I hope where ever you read he had 6000 rounds on him was joking. You cant carry 6000 rounds of ammo anywhere.

Maybe 1000,thats doable. I have a backpack at home for carrying my ammo to and from the field. It has roughly 500 rounds of various ammo types in it. Its some thing you dont carry very far. And it is a huge backpack.

Its not a goof. He had 6000 rounds with him. That's how much ammo they found between on his person and in his vehicle that was parked out back of the theater per FBI spokesperson.

04 Venom
07-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Yes I agree, not from personal experience but I am told that it hurts really bad when hit even wearing armor? a few people shooting back would at min slow him down or he might think twice. At least they could fight back and contain his attention from the others escaping. I hope they make a example out of this guy and now he acting dazed with his hair dye. i dont care what his deal is they should get rid of him and not let him enjoy the publicity.

You've got to be joking.

Colorado is a concealed carry state--you don't think there were several people carrying in a large theater? How come no one got off a shot?

Here's why. The theater was dark; people are trampling over each other to get out of harms way and make themselves a smaller target; and,you may be blinded or throwing up because of the tear gas. So you are going to stand tall and squeeze off a couple knowing that you have to make a head shot because he was wearing armor? Give me a break. You'd be on the floor with every one else.

Ask any experienced law enforcement officer about shooting in a combat situation. They train for it and miss the center mass 60% of the time in daylight when the range goes beyond 30 feet. Gun laws don't prevent these crimes and having a gun wouldn't either.

Steves LX
07-24-2012, 08:41 AM
You've got to be joking.

Colorado is a concealed carry state--you don't think there were several people carrying in a large theater? How come no one got off a shot?

Here's why. The theater was dark; people are trampling over each other to get out of harms way and make themselves a smaller target; and,you may be blinded or throwing up because of the tear gas. So you are going to stand tall and squeeze off a couple knowing that you have to make a head shot because he was wearing armor? Give me a break. You'd be on the floor with every one else.

Ask any experienced law enforcement officer about shooting in a combat situation. They train for it and miss the center mass 60% of the time in daylight when the range goes beyond 30 feet. Gun laws don't prevent these crimes and having a gun wouldn't either.

I agree with you there on that. Its always easy to say what you would do in a situation like that when your not actually in that situation at that time. Comeing from the fire and ems background we hear some of the same stuff all the time and we are guilty ourselves of it. You will always hear people say if my house catches on fire in the middle of the night.I am going to roll out of bed onto the floor and crawl out. No your not either. Your going to wake up from a dead sleep to the sound of of smoke alarms and sit up in bed. And take a deep breath of smoke and start hacking just like anyone else would. Its always easy when your not there to say what you would have done under those circumstances.

9cobra4
07-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Yeah, our justice system is pathetic. I'm sure he'll take this to trial, even though he's 200% guilty, then has a right to an appeal after he gets his indefinite guilty verdict. This will take around a year, year and a half to do. He'll be sitting in county jail that whole time, in protective custody i'm sure. Then he'll get sent to state prison, where he'll most likely be put in Ad Seg(The hole) for security reasons, because it's unlawful to put him in general population because he WILL be killed, no doubt. Prisoners don't put up with people like him, there's 3 types of people that will get killed/badly hurt in prison. Child molesters, rapists, and people he kill women and children. The CO's will have to baby him til the day he dies.

06V6Andrew
07-24-2012, 10:13 AM
The more i hear about this incident, the more it reminds me of the uwe boll film rampage. A guy dressed in head to toe body about goes through a small suburban city and just starts shooting people. The person in the movie also rigs a van up with explosives just for the purpose of killing police officers. He has some kind of mental problem if he thought he could do the same in real life. What a moron.

turbostang95
07-24-2012, 10:57 AM
If more sane people were armed, the crazy people would get off fewer shots (support the second amendment)I do also agree with its easy to say what you would do in that situation, i heard most people thought it was part of the movie because he started shooting when they had a gun fight on the movie, very sad situation for all the familys. I say they hand him over to the familys for some real justice!!!!!

cstreu1026
07-24-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure where the statistic came from and I will have to look for it but I heard this morning that in shootouts only 20% of shots by trained LEO's manage to land on target.

04 Venom
07-24-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure where the statistic came from and I will have to look for it but I heard this morning that in shootouts only 20% of shots by trained LEO's manage to land on target.

It depends on the range. I used the figure of 40% for hits to the body at 30 feet--that ain't far. Beyond that I would think the hit rate drops off dramatically.

The point I was trying to make is that having a gun in that theater, in those conditions, would not have mattered. The guy planned it well and he probably deployed tear gas to prevent anyone from having any capacity to return fire. They wouldn't have hit him anyhow, so it is academic.

cstreu1026
07-24-2012, 12:28 PM
As much as I am pro second amendment and CCW I agree. I think more people firing indscriminately at a dark object would only have made the situation worse. The 100+ rounds he got off caused a horrific amount of death and destruction. Throwing another 100 or so rounds from armed patrons or even regular police officers would have resulted in even more injuries and fatalities. Given the level of protection for the shooter there probably wasn't anything less than a high powered rifle in the hands of a swat officer that was going to take him down quickly.

duststang
07-24-2012, 01:45 PM
I would agree that there are many factors that enabled him and hinder everyone else such as tear gas, armor, darkness and the surprise factor. I am not saying that I would have been able to stop him. I am just stating if there were armed citizens I would think someone would try to shoot back. Maybe not and Yes majority of people do not react the same way in a surprised situation as they thought. Easier said than done. I also agree it takes much more than owning and carrying a gun, people need training.

04 Venom
07-24-2012, 02:05 PM
I would agree that there are many factors that enabled him and hinder everyone else such as tear gas, armor, darkness and the surprise factor. I am not saying that I would have been able to stop him. I am just stating if there were armed citizens I would think someone would try to shoot back. Maybe not and Yes majority of people do not react the same way in a surprised situation as they thought. Easier said than done. I also agree it takes much more than owning and carrying a gun, people need training.

The fact that no one did answers your question. You would have done as much damage throwing a Slurpee at the asshole.

Steves LX
07-24-2012, 03:10 PM
My point exactly under the same circumstances. People have to remember that our police officers and US Armed Forces train for situations all the time. So when and if something happens they know how to react. Being in their line of work most of them tend to have quicker reflexes and thinking on the spot reactions when shit hits the fan unexpectingly. Most civilians aren't dealing with dangerous situations everyday and aren't trained properly to deal with them. Its no different than anything else in life. If you only try or do something once in a great while you tend to forget how to do it next time around. Or you may remember but your not nearly as proficient doing it as you would be if you were to do it or train for it all the time.

9cobra4
07-24-2012, 03:55 PM
My point exactly under the same circumstances. People have to remember that our police officers and US Armed Forces train for situations all the time. So when and if something happens they know how to react. Being in their line of work most of them tend to have quicker reflexes and thinking on the spot reactions when shit hits the fan unexpectingly. Most civilians aren't dealing with dangerous situations everyday and aren't trained properly to deal with them. Its no different than anything else in life. If you only try or do something once in a great while you tend to forget how to do it next time around. Or you may remember but your not nearly as proficient doing it as you would be if you were to do it or train for it all the time.

I totally agree. I made this same exact point on Svtperformance.com and got told I was dumb. No one knows how they will react in a situation like this, everyone would like to think they're a hero or whatever, but it's just not plausible for the average person.

BIGRED Z
07-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Jeeez, glad I don't go to the movies with all you naysayers! :popcorn: :eek:I hear your point, but you all seem so fatalistic. Its the defeatist attitude that bothers me I think. You can't possibly know what to do, so you may as well not even try... If everyone thought like that...I shudder to think of what America would be like. :(

04 Venom
07-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Jeeez, glad I don't go to the movies with all you naysayers! :popcorn: :eek:I hear your point, but you all seem so fatalistic. Its the defeatist attitude that bothers me I think. You can't possibly know what to do, so you may as well not even try... If everyone thought like that...I shudder to think of what America would be like. :(

When you were in the military, did you have to go through the tear gas chamber? If so, you really think you get aim a weapon? In a dark room ? With hundreds of people screaming around you and running toward the exits? With bullets whizzing by you? Fatalistic--no survival instinct.

9cobra4
07-24-2012, 11:30 PM
^Yep. Like I said, everyone would like to think they'd be the hero in this situation, but the reality is you'd most likely hurt more than you would help.

dedpedal
07-25-2012, 09:12 AM
One point Ive failed to see addressed is would the gunman even have gone there if he knew that there was the probability of many armed citizens? Why did he choose a theater that has a no gun policy? Why not the police station a few blocks away? I may become a victim someday but I dont want to become a helpless one.

turbostang95
07-25-2012, 08:06 PM
well said!!!!!

duststang
07-26-2012, 07:30 AM

If it is my family I will not give up! go out fighting, right wrong or indifferent! a class, they showed that statistics prove that the quicker you fight back the better your chances of surviving. If you dont fight back situation usually becomes worst. I believe all American's should stand up and fight back.

MustangChuck
07-26-2012, 03:20 PM
^ all I can say is THIS!!!!

Steves LX
07-26-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm not disagreeing that you shouldn't fight back and at leat not try. All I was saying is. Everyone keeps saying I would've done this, that and the other. And in reality unless you were there you can say and think all you want. Its no different than being a back seat driver or like the old saying goes. It all sounds and looks good on paper. But once its in your face there are 2 types of reactions. Fight or flight. And most people go the flight route vs the fight route when it comes to dangerous situations.