Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Question About Fox Body Brakes [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question About Fox Body Brakes

CNTLOSE
07-11-2012, 05:36 PM
The last couple times I drove my 91 LX I noticed the brakes felt as though they had air in the line. The last time I drove it on the street I could hear what I would describe as a "whooshing" sound coming from under the dash.

Yesterday we bled the brakes and put new DOT 3 fluid in while purging out the old. Now this is the funny part. With the car not running the brakes feel great and no "whooshing" sound. I have good firm pedal feel. But when I start the car and hit the brakes it goes back to almost going to the floor and the "whooshing" sound comes back.

So can anyone tell me what this might be? Is it the booster possibly? The lines have no leaks and the fluind in master cylinder is right between the the Min/Max line...and stays there.

draggin50
07-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a bad booster.

MFIELD
07-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Yep bad booster

331lx
07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Time for manual break kit. Lol

CNTLOSE
07-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys...that was what we were thinking. I know after removing the last one out of my old '88 they are a PIA to remove with the dash and steering wheel in. Oh well, I know what I will be doing on my next set of days off.

Thanks again :bigthumb