Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Sometimes you have to laugh... sometimes it is just easier to cry [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you have to laugh... sometimes it is just easier to cry

ADaughen
07-09-2012, 08:35 PM
4th gear went out on the beater.

Anyone around Dayton that would work on 4L60E trans for cheap? Or know anyone that needs 4dr 4x4 '94 Blazer (boxy body) parts?

The other awesome thing is I'm only working on this heap because the engine in my Mazda went again. :doh:

jktruckin06
07-09-2012, 09:52 PM
When it rains it pours... good luck

thecollector
07-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear- at least its a popular readily available cheap trans.

ADaughen
07-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Sorry to hear- at least its a popular readily available cheap trans.

Not as cheap as I would like; shop quoted $1700 to fix.

I'm already $1200 into this truck this year. New fuel lines, sending unit, shift solenoids, spider injector, front body mounts, cat and muffler... and $500 to the shop to hunt down a PITA vacuum leak. Last time it drove, I blew the muffler due to a stuck injector on the way to get new tires from a SBZ member. >_<

IF I got the trans fixed, I still need new shocks, power window regulator (driver's window is stuck part way down), and windshield.

In it's current condition, I *might* get $1k out of it. It is honestly worth more in parts.

Whyucryn
07-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Get ahold of evil8 on here. He's good with 4l60e's

Jake
07-09-2012, 11:02 PM
my nephew just got a rusted out old blazer for his first car. let me know if you decide to part it out, as I'm sure he'll need plenty.

leroy93lx
07-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I have 2 of these sitting inside the gate at the scrap yard right now. I will ask my father in law what the plan is for them. I know one of them is running and driving.

ADaughen
07-09-2012, 11:41 PM
my nephew just got a rusted out old blazer for his first car. let me know if you decide to part it out, as I'm sure he'll need plenty.

LMK what you need. I still have a few extra parts off the '92 I stripped to keep the '94 running.

If I do go the route of stripping it I'll let you know. :bigthumb

I have 2 of these sitting inside the gate at the scrap yard right now. I will ask my father in law what the plan is for them. I know one of them is running and driving.

Thanks I appreciate it. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.

ADaughen
07-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Jake, sent you a message. Truck is in Huber and it will move under it's own power.

Katmandu
07-17-2012, 11:14 PM
4th gear went out on the beater.

Anyone around Dayton that would work on 4L60E trans for cheap? I know it's a bit far away, but Seaman's Transmission up here in Troy has a great reputation and has very reasonable rates.

ADaughen
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks Kat, but I can't put any more funds into the Blazer. I already snagged a new (used) car to get me by until my Mazda is back on the road.

I'm going to post it up on CL and see if I can find someone who needs it for parts or has a spare, working 4L60E they can put to use. :(

ADaughen
07-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Well, wife put it up on CL for me...

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/3154245550.html

Here's hoping someone bites. OBO is flexible if you know someone.