Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
98 cobra A/C doesn't work [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 98 cobra A/C doesn't work

BillyBob
07-05-2012, 12:19 PM
My dad and I have been over the electrical system for the A/c and cannot get it to work. we replaced the computer, the module in the right fender, the cycling switch and the lower pressure switch. Also put power to the coil wire and it works. Also vacuumed the system and recharged it. SO, my question is, What all would have the computer cut the system off... for instance like when you are at full throttle. just trying to narrow this search down to a T. Thanks for any help

JGavey
07-21-2012, 11:26 PM
I have seen thermostats check out good and carry voltage across the switch but not carry the load. I had 12 volts to the comp. but would not pull in the coil. I just made a jumper and tried that on my dads truck a couple of weeks ago. New stat and its working fine now. It was an aftermarket a/c in a street rod. Not sure what your t stat is like. Just thought I would through it out there.

IWRBB
07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
There should be a thermistor in the evaporator box, that's how the compressor knows to shut off so it won't ice up. Maybe that's gone bad? That's one way the "computer" can cut off the A/C.