Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
What a rotten day so far... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What a rotten day so far...

Rich
07-01-2012, 12:29 PM
I guess the AC never goes out in December...lol.. Went to bed last night and AC was working fine, woke up this morning and it's blowing slightly cool air. The thought of trying to get a tech out here on a Sunday is probably laughable. Oh well, I grew up without ac, it will be a trip down memory lane!

Ok...ranting over!:D

DSSKing68
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Sounds silly...check your filter, low flow across the A-coil will cause it to freeze. I guess I should have asked if it was frozen in the first place....

Rich
07-01-2012, 12:35 PM
I replaced the filter about 3 weeks ago. The suction line is not "sweating", and the liquid line is not warm, feels ambient. The condenser fan is kicking on and running also.

I also turned the ac off and ran the fan on manual for a couple of hours, thinking maybe the coil was frozen. Started it back up and same thing. Air temp coming out of vent is about 78-80 degrees. Seems like low freon?

DSSKing68
07-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Yep...sounds low. I just gave mine a fresh shot of 22 before the heat wave. Call Willis, I think they work on Sunday, unless you can wait.

adragon72
07-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Mine went out Friday good luck!

jktruckin06
07-01-2012, 02:21 PM
yeah... friday at around 17:00 our power went off, was out til saturday evening, no ac or anything lol

NXcoupe
07-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Sucks. could be the valve is stuck wide open, I know that's what's up with mine. My house unit is freezing cold tho, thank God! Sorry to hear that. Go sit in the car in in the driveway, lol, at least you'll have wireless internet.

Blackout
07-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Well, here in Warren county we had a crazy storm blow through and whatever it did, it took out my A/C unit, parts of my roof lost shingles, took out my computer, desktop, and after the electric came back on (15 hours later), found that I lost about $400 in meat out of my deep freeze.

Sorry you had to deal with as well, it sucks.

jktruckin06
07-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Blackout it should've still been good after 15 hours. We got dry ice to be safe

Blackout
07-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Im still claiming it on the insurance. Just got done talking to an A/C guy..... he said its fried. Looks like my premium is going up...lol. oh well, that's why I pay for it.

Rich, what did your A/C guy say about replacement? Mine is saying that they have to replace the entire unit because of some reason. Until then I at least have a window unit to throw in for now.

jktruckin06
07-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Man I'd due anything to keep my rates from going up. They really stick it to ya

leroy93lx
07-01-2012, 08:21 PM
I feel your pain. We have been fighting our Geothermal system ever since the house was finished in May of 2010. The unit was replaced 4 weeks ago and the new one took a shit also. Finally last week the manufacturer bought it back from us and our heating and cooling guy replaced it with a completely different brand. It was night and day different how much better it functions. I wish we would of made them replace it 2 years ago!

Rich
07-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Im still claiming it on the insurance. Just got done talking to an A/C guy..... he said its fried. Looks like my premium is going up...lol. oh well, that's why I pay for it.

Rich, what did your A/C guy say about replacement? Mine is saying that they have to replace the entire unit because of some reason. Until then I at least have a window unit to throw in for now.

Wasn't able to get anyone out today. I don't believe the compressor is cycling. I;m going to replace the capacitor in the morning and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll have to make a service call. Any HVAC guys in the Franklin/Middleton area?

1987coupe
07-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Rich my ac was doing the same thing. The capacitor was burnt therefore not letting the compressor kick on.

RIXXX93GT
07-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Sorry Rich, just got home from Clay City and no cell reception down there. Brother is still down there so no help from him on the a/c. Funny thing is we came home to my a/c not working either!

Rich
07-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Sorry Rich, just got home from Clay City and no cell reception down there. Brother is still down there so no help from him on the a/c. Funny thing is we came home to my a/c not working either!
I went to Granger, picked up a new capacitor and put it in...so far so good. Compressor kicked on and AC is blowing cold again.

Rick, I want to get a hold of your brother and have him check my freon level and make sure everything is good to go. Sorry to hear about your AC...sucks in this weather!