Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
need some help [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : need some help

akagreg3
06-25-2012, 01:32 PM
i bought my 1993 lx 5.0 about a year ago and have been doing body work on and just accumulating parts for it, well iv got most of the body work done and im ready to start on the engine, my dilemma is the hillbilly that i bought it from cut most of the wiring in the dash and tail light harness, god only knows why^^ i have a great running 1994 5.0 engine/wiring & 5speed and the 93 was originally a 5speed car the hillidiot changed it to a aod** the aod will be gone no matter what, "both engines run great" my question is what would be better? to just buy a new dash harness and tail light harness for the 93 or swap out all the wiring from the 1994, and how much fabricating is that gonna be? also i read that the fox computers are better then the sn95?

Regards

06V6Andrew
06-25-2012, 02:38 PM
i bought my 1993 lx 5.0 about a year ago and have been doing body work on and just accumulating parts for it, well iv got most of the body work done and im ready to start on the engine, my dilemma is the hillbilly that i bought it from cut most of the wiring in the dash and tail light harness, god only knows why^^ i have a great running 1994 5.0 engine/wiring & 5speed and the 93 was originally a 5speed car the hillidiot changed it to a aod** the aod will be gone no matter what, "both engines run great" my question is what would be better? to just buy a new dash harness and tail light harness for the 93 or swap out all the wiring from the 1994, and how much fabricating is that gonna be? also i read that the fox computers are better then the sn95?

Regards

Not 100% sure but I thought you would have to use the 94 instrument cluster if you use that harness.

akagreg3
06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
yea,
that questions was on my mind too?
lol my hope was the plugs where the same?
iv seen ppl put the sn95 dash in a fox, but id rather have the fox dash.

mwaller5672
06-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Do you have the electrical manual. Mine has helped me a ton. Same situation. I also have a digital copy of both if you need it.

akagreg3
06-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Do you have the electrical manual. Mine has helped me a ton. Same situation. I also have a digital copy of both if you need it.

yea thats kewl pm them to me please

mwaller5672
06-25-2012, 09:41 PM
The digital copy is a cd. I can meet you or send it

akagreg3
06-26-2012, 09:59 AM
kewl, yea im not really ready for it yet though,
no one has not done this swap already? and can chime in please,
iv not started the project yet and want some insight before i dive, really dont want to hit my head on a rock ya know... lol

Blkcobra01
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Not sure on the swap but fox pcms are better if u mod which I'm sure you are sn computers I have heard don't take as well to mods. Fox pcms are easier to tune to I believe.

akagreg3
06-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Not sure on the swap but fox pcms are better if u mod which I'm sure you are sn computers I have heard don't take as well to mods. Fox pcms are easier to tune to I believe.

yea thats what iv heard too on the computers :bigthumb,
and the more i look at the 93 wiring its just a lot simpler then the 94..
just need to find some one that has a dash hearness for a 91-93 and wants to do some trading?, i just order a tail light harness

Adam@S&MMotorsports
06-27-2012, 09:00 AM
94-95 computers have no issues with mods as long as they are tuned properly.

akagreg3
06-27-2012, 09:27 AM
94-95 computers have no issues with mods as long as they are tuned properly.

adam,
how hard it gonna be to swap everthing out, the complete wiring harness from front to back and make it work with the 93?
i was planning on using the steering column and rack and pinion from the 94

Adam@S&MMotorsports
06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
adam,
how hard it gonna be to swap everthing out, the complete wiring harness from front to back and make it work with the 93?
i was planning on using the steering column and rack and pinion from the 94

Why not run the 93 body harness and run the 95 engine management? There should only be a few wires you have to tag to make the instrument cluster work. That is if you already have the distributor, ignition control module, etc for a 95. If not put fox parts in it and be done with it.

akagreg3
06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Why not run the 93 body harness and run the 95 engine management? There should only be a few wires you have to tag to make the instrument cluster work. That is if you already have the distributor, ignition control module, etc for a 95. If not put fox parts in it and be done with it.

my problem is the previous owner cut wires in the harness from the dash back, its like he busted out some wirer cuters and just cut whatever he felt like.. RAWR i hate that guy,

yup i have everything for the 94 all wiring harness and the engine is still all together
so what am i going to need from the 94 to make the engine management work on the 93? like is it gonna be as simple as plug it in or am i gonna have to cut and splice wires beside the cluster wires?

full force
07-03-2012, 05:57 AM
It will be a ton easier to get 93 wiring and just plug in, the 94-95 wiring is completely different and will be a lot of work and splicing to be able to use it.... dash plugs and body plugs are not gonna match up at all, especially pinning

akagreg3
07-03-2012, 09:11 AM
It will be a ton easier to get 93 wiring and just plug in, the 94-95 wiring is completely different and will be a lot of work and splicing to be able to use it.... dash plugs and body plugs are not gonna match up at all, especially pinning

kewl,
thx full force yea i got my sights on a 93 dash harness :bigthumb