Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Slight hesitation [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Slight hesitation

timdsellers
06-15-2012, 03:51 AM
Im working on getting my car tuned as well as I can and one thing I have noticed is a slight hesitation when first giving it throttle. Its kind of hard to explain but if you floor it you can hear the engine gasp and hesitate just slightly but other than that it takes throttle as expected. It almost reminds me of how older carbuerated cars responded when getting on the throttle. Theories please!

akagreg3
06-15-2012, 08:46 AM
is it like a dead hesitation? meaning the whole motor does not rev, if so check the tps make sure you are getting 0.96 - 1.05 volts i think ford says tps volts need to be 1.5
its worth checking

Stangman
06-15-2012, 10:02 AM
I heard tps needs to be as close to 1v w/o going over.

Blackout
06-15-2012, 10:21 AM
That's usually a Throttle Position Sensor issue. They are bad for that.

timdsellers
06-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Basically its like its gasping for air for a breif second, then recovers almost like the computer doesnt know what to do with the rushing air at first. So I would say yes its a dead hesitation but a very short one.

akagreg3
06-15-2012, 01:55 PM
i had the same problem with a bbk 76mm Throttle body, it ended up being a cheap tps from autozone, i changed it back to the motorcraft one and set the volts to .96 it was good to go

Adam@S&MMotorsports
06-15-2012, 04:38 PM
It is lean and needs more fuel at WOT or possibly just tip in...

timdsellers
06-15-2012, 05:27 PM
I do have a tuner now but no wideband. I will richen it up a bit and see if it smooths out. That should be pretty safe.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
06-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Which tuner are you using?

timdsellers
06-15-2012, 05:45 PM
I have a sniper deltaforce tuner that I got from a fellow stang banger. It allows fuel modifiers at low, mid, high rpms as well as part throttle and full throttle so Im thinking maybe the FT fuel trim or the low rpm trim should be richened a bit. Possibly both of them. IF this doesnt work I will look into the tps and then mass air stuff.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
06-16-2012, 08:31 AM
I have a sniper deltaforce tuner that I got from a fellow stang banger. It allows fuel modifiers at low, mid, high rpms as well as part throttle and full throttle so Im thinking maybe the FT fuel trim or the low rpm trim should be richened a bit. Possibly both of them. IF this doesnt work I will look into the tps and then mass air stuff.

With the limited capabilities of the Sniper you will probably have issues fixing it properly. Let me know if you have any questions.

timdsellers
06-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Actually added some fuel at low rpms and that took care of it.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
06-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Actually added some fuel at low rpms and that took care of it.

Good deal:bigthumb

timdsellers
06-17-2012, 07:47 PM
One of the guys at special forces also updated my tune to change the manifold volume given the extra cubes I have and wow, what a difference!!! He used there commando software. I need something that allows this kind of flexibility. Anyway, they are great guys over at special forces. I just wish the tool was used more at tuner shops. Looks like it might be a dying breed.

akagreg3
06-18-2012, 06:56 AM
One of the guys at special forces also updated my tune to change the manifold volume given the extra cubes I have and wow, what a difference!!! He used there commando software. I need something that allows this kind of flexibility. Anyway, they are great guys over at special forces. I just wish the tool was used more at tuner shops. Looks like it might be a dying breed.

thats awesome tim :bigthumb

duststang
06-18-2012, 07:17 AM

I wish the SCT would give you the option to adjust without purchasing the software or having a shop charge you everytime you add a part.

akagreg3
06-18-2012, 10:12 AM
I wish the SCT would give you the option to adjust without purchasing the software or having a shop charge you everytime you add a part.

i have the sct x3 my self,
i think you can change little things on the laptop if you have your tune saved on the puter,
iv never tried it my self.