Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Remembering D-Day [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Remembering D-Day

Bluecrew07
06-06-2012, 05:35 AM
If you didnt know today is D-Day. June 6 1944

http://www.army.mil/d-day/

DSSKing68
06-06-2012, 06:23 AM
I am still amazed at the courage of those men. It needs to be a more recognized day.

I cannot imagine that scene, but I am so thankful they fought for our freedom.

Great reminder Josh

redfirepearlgt
06-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Just think. The youngest age a WWII vet would be today is approximately 85 and that is IF they lied about their age or their parents signed for them to go. Age 16 in 1944 makes you 84 going on 85 today.

Take a moment to speak to one of these vets. I'm sure we would all stop to shake the hand of John Forces or Antron Brown, or Angel Sampey or Bob Glidden if we saw them at the store. These men and women of war are not famous. They are heros and deserve and have earned our respect just as ALL VETERANS OF WAR have earned and deserve our respect.

Thanks for posting

Bluecrew07
06-06-2012, 06:14 PM
I am still amazed at the courage of those men. It needs to be a more recognized day.

I cannot imagine that scene, but I am so thankful they fought for our freedom.

Great reminder Josh
yeah i said something about it today at work. and the people i was around was like whats d-day. considering where i work that should never come out of anyones mouth:eek:

02mingryGT
06-08-2012, 11:35 AM
yeah i said something about it today at work. and the people i was around was like whats d-day. considering where i work that should never come out of anyones mouth:eek:

That's because they don't cover real history in school anymore. Too much leftist shit to shove down their throats. My favorite saying to Europeans is this when they say shit about America:

Which part of Europe are you from? The part whose ass we kicked or the part who's ass we saved?

As DSS said, great reminder. Notice how many posted?

DSSKing68
06-08-2012, 11:59 AM
That's because they don't cover real history in school anymore. Too much leftist shit to shove down their throats. My favorite saying to Europeans is this when they say shit about America:

Which part of Europe are you from? The part whose ass we kicked or the part who's ass we saved?

As DSS said, great reminder. Notice how many posted?

^^^^^ THIS

I was also disappointed by the number of posts. :confused:

Bluecrew07
06-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I think that it should be an Amrican holiday. and yeah this should have been a pretty long thread...

Moody
06-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I couldn't imagine how these guys must have felt. Either jumping behind enemy lines and everyone Damn near getting killed or landing on a beach and 70% of everyone just dies before you get to cover. We lost one guy in are unit and it wasn't combat related and it tore everyone up. And we lost 6 guys I worked with overseas and it felt like someone tore your insides out. And that made me hate middle eastern people with a passion. I can't think how these guys felt. Maybe the old guy that cut my hair said it best..... If one of those GD krouts comes in here wanting a haircut, well ill part his hair with my .45.

Moody
06-08-2012, 06:06 PM
It's sad most people don't know this day. There are a lot of other important days but this is the day that we started the end of the Nazi.

Katmandu
06-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Just think. The youngest age a WWII vet would be today is approximately 85 and that is IF they lied about their age or their parents signed for them to go. Age 16 in 1944 makes you 84 going on 85 today.

Take a moment to speak to one of these vets. I'm sure we would all stop to shake the hand of John Forces or Antron Brown, or Angel Sampey or Bob Glidden if we saw them at the store. These men and women of war are not famous. They are heros and deserve and have earned our respect just as ALL VETERANS OF WAR have earned and deserve our respect.

Thanks for postingX2! :bigthumb

I took my two young nephews to the Air Force Museum last week. I was teaching them all I could in the limited time we had. There was a huge D-Day exhibit there that was cool as hell! I was shocked that my 11 year old nephew knew a lot about D-Day! Maybe there is hope after all. :bigthumb