Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Issue Datalogging with SCT X3 Tuner and 2011 GT [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Issue Datalogging with SCT X3 Tuner and 2011 GT

joe
05-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Hey guys, been having some issues getting datalogging going with a SCT X3 tuner and LiveLink on a 2011 5.0L...I keep getting the error "No data input detected from device" when trying to log AFR, Spark and Knock Sensor.

We figured out that some of the PIDs weren't being sent to the DataLink software because logging just RPM works just fine. As soon as I pick Knock Sensor, AFR, or pretty much anything else it errors out...SCT said that if 1 of the PIDs you're trying to log doesn't work, it'll error them all out, so they suggested to narrow it down 1 by 1 and just not log those...but these are pretty important things to get. :)

I bought the tuner from AM.com and they're pretty good with support. Neither SCT nor Bama could answer my question on the first call, but I'm waiting on them to get back with me.

Has anyone else had this issue?

akagreg3
05-27-2012, 05:36 PM
have you tryed reseting it?

egbertnr
05-31-2012, 12:49 PM
joe, akagreg had a good point, I have had issues with cables as well..they tend to be quirky like that, it would be easy enough to try another one. Aside from that SCT is pretty helpful in my experience. Thats who I used on my focus.

joe
05-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestion...I did reset it when just updating the firmware didn't work. One of the guys with Bama said he thinks I have a bad tune or it didn't load correctly. He's taking my specs and sending me a few updates tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted.