Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Scorpion Roller Rocker Arms [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Roller Rocker Arms

furiouslyfaster
05-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Hey has anybody had any experience with Scorpion Roller Rocker Arms? I am shopping for some 1.6 7/16 inch stud mount roller rocker arms and just want the best I can get for my money. Figured I would get some opinions. I have been checking out all of these http://www.summitracing.com/search/Make/FORD/Engine-Size/5-0L-302/Part-Type/Rocker-Arms/Stud-Size/7-16-in/Rocker-Arm-Ratio/1-6/Quantity/Sold-as-a-set-of-16/Engine-Family/Ford-small-block-Windsor/?keyword=roller+rocker+arms So let me know what you guys like or think would be best for my money.... Thanks

facemelter71
05-23-2012, 10:02 AM
I run scorpions on my car. I wish I had clear Valve Covers,those things a nice to look at.
On top of being made in America by americans. My next set (different ratio) will be from scorpion.

furiouslyfaster
05-23-2012, 10:43 AM
awesome thanks for the input.. I do like the American Made aspect as well.

331lx
05-23-2012, 03:34 PM
I have scorpions and they r good quality and look perty!!!!

furiouslyfaster
05-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Do either one of you know which scorpions you have. The Race Series or Performance line? Not that I really need specifics just was curious. The ones I am looking at are the Race Series I think they are like a gold color. I am also looking at the scorpion Performance ones which are blue, but about 60 bucks more.

facemelter71
05-23-2012, 11:41 PM
I have the blue ones on my car. I can look at the box that I kept out in the shed. Maybe has my part number on it.

331lx
05-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Mine r blue, would have to look which ones they r though

furiouslyfaster
05-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Well no biggie I was just curious. I think I am going to go ahead and purchase them. Both the ones from summit are blue in color lol. I just wanted some advice on which ones would be good and it sounds like Scorpion ones are good quality (Made in USA). Thanks for the input guys. :bigthumb

5.0calypso93lx
05-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Most of the guys on Hardcore50 recommend Scorpions as one of the top non shaft mount rocker arms. The silver platinum series are what I was told to get and what I was running on my old 358w, but I'm actually going to be running just the regular blue ones on my current combo.

furiouslyfaster
05-27-2012, 12:09 AM
I think I will be purchasing the scorpions this weekend thank you all for the input. It is a big help.

Timido
05-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I ran scorpions on my old motor. Ran great never had a problem.

NO SHOT
05-27-2012, 04:03 PM
I ran scorpions on my old motor. Ran great never had a problem.

I ended up with the ones off your motor.One of the come apart and the bearings went down a costed me the first motor.But they were used and I know you did some serious racing with them.But I have a new set on the car now and they seem to be fine.;)

furiouslyfaster
05-29-2012, 05:03 PM
I am def going to pick up a set of these. For the money they sound like they can't be beat. Thanks for all the info guys

Timido
05-29-2012, 07:33 PM
I hate to see that you hurt the motor.

NO SHOT
06-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I ended up with the ones off your motor.One of the come apart and the bearings went down a costed me the first motor.But they were used and I know you did some serious racing with them.But I have a new set on the car now and they seem to be fine.;)

Sorry after i posted this I went to the track saturday.I lost 4 tenths and 7 mph.One of the push rods was sunk about a quarter of a inch into the rocker.I'm done with them.Thought I would share this.:confused:

331lx
06-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Sorry after i posted this I went to the track saturday.I lost 4 tenths and 7 mph.One of the push rods was sunk about a quarter of a inch into the rocker.I'm done with them.Thought I would share this.:confused:

Dam this sux. What causde this I hope mine don't do this

Pitbull1052
06-05-2012, 08:20 AM

was the rocker the issue or ??? what's your combo