Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Electronic Overdrive issues on 1997 Thunderbird 4.6L [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Overdrive issues on 1997 Thunderbird 4.6L

2Fast4You
05-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Just a little back ground on this first. Bought this car about a year ago and when I got it the guy said the O/D worked fine until he did a B&M shift kit upgrade. So he thought he may have drilled a hole incorrectly on the valve body plate. So what happens is the car shifts fine from 1st to 2nd to 3rd, but what happens if you have the electronic overdrive on is when it elects to go into overdrive it is as if you just go straight into neutral and all you do is rev the engine and go no where until you turn it off and then it pulls you back into 3rd. So I bought a new valve body plate with the shift improvement modification already completed from a trusted source and I still have the same complication. So my question is what else could it be, did he damage something else on the valve body to cause this?
I know it has a solenoid of some sort on it, is that for the electronic overdrive and he possibly damaged it and needs replaced? Any help is appreciated. This is why I wasn't able to make it to the cruise in yesterday, sorry Stangbangerz and this crap sucks.

Shayne

Stangman
05-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Alan (DirtyD0g) should be able to tell ya everything wrong with it!

bobtsgt
05-21-2012, 09:18 AM
sounds like the OD band is no longer. If the body is moving the fluid properly and shifting correctly then it sounds more of a hardware issue inside

Dirtyd0g
05-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Never rule out a faulty range sensor first, fluid condition should be a tell tale sign. Those sensors have done this many times as well and are easy to change.
I responded to your PM. I have been super swamped lately guys and no luck on helpers so not been checking any forums much. You can always call me 513 898 1580 and I am up some stupid late hours. Besides if I am not in the shop you won't wake me up...no phone in the house to disrupt my 2-3 hours of sleep a night :) So literally call anytime. If you leave a message after listening to the message and don't get a call back...you should have listened to the message better. My cell number is on the message you can text me there.
Alan

2Fast4You
05-24-2012, 09:15 AM
I will pick up a range sensor today and get it installed in the next couple of days. I will let you know how that works out for me.

Thanks

2Fast4You
05-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Changed range sensor and still a no go.