Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Aluminum Heads [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Heads

jktruckin06
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
ok, so there are alot of people on here that have been in this hobby longer than I so i wanted to see what everyone thought...

the only markings on these heads are SN 4311 and then 25 next to an A in a circle

so who knows what brand these are or???? any info is appreciated

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l583/jktruckin06/3.png

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l583/jktruckin06/2-1.png

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l583/jktruckin06/1-1.png

Gearhead
05-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Just guessing...but possibly some very early Trick Flow twisted wedges ?? Look like Pedestal mounts ??

jktruckin06
05-08-2012, 07:55 PM
i am really just curious, but what makes you think early trick flow?

they def are pedestal mount. if i buy them i'll be using some 1.7 crane/cobras

Gearhead
05-08-2012, 08:01 PM
i am really just curious, but what makes you think early trick flow?

they def are pedestal mount. if i buy them i'll be using some 1.7 crane/cobras

Intake and Exhaust valves are offset, not in a straight line. Also, the part number is stamped in the middle of the exhaust ports face, which TFS did, they still might, just not sure. Call up TFS and give them that part number SN 4311, they might be able to give you some info.

If they are truly the old trick flows and ped mount, I'd convert them to stud mount.

jktruckin06
05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
ah ok... this is what i'm reading... seems like buying a new set of heads might just be the ticket.

supposedly their older twisted wedge heads had issues

2Fast4You
05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Those look to be early TFS Twisted Wedge heads for sure as stated above. Not sure what they are asking for them but you could easily purchase a set completely done for a great price.

full force
05-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Almost look like TFS high ports, if so they make great power, either way they are TFS for sure, the issue with early TFS was guides, no big deal, make sure you check em or put in new ones... if they are high ports you can make some real good power... been so long since I seen em I am not sure...

03z06vette
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
The porting and polishing sure looks good!!!

5.0calypso93lx
05-10-2012, 05:40 PM
High port is an inline valve head.

Wont be able to use standard pedestal rockers with those heads as that is those trays would have to be specific to that head as theyre angled.

I have no idea how you would be able to tell if the port work looks any good from those pics.

03z06vette
05-11-2012, 10:49 AM

Wont be able to use standard pedestal rockers with those heads as that is those trays would have to be specific to that head as theyre angled.

I have no idea how you would be able to tell if the port work looks any good from those pics.

I did the the work.... thats how i know... as well as i know they are tfs T\W

full force
05-23-2012, 06:38 AM

Oh yea, forgot...been a while....

The lower intake ports can have issues easily too... they suck gaskets especially if you mill em a ton