Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
2000 gt maint. ques. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2000 gt maint. ques.

TONYT
04-29-2012, 02:17 PM
i need to drain my fuel tank some ,its full now and just noticed it has a leak where the rubber gasket is around the filler neck,i cant seem to get a hose into the tank at fuel level is there a screen or something stopping the drain tube,going at this from the filler neck down.

also i want to put some plugs in it ,is it just unbolt the coil and slip it off pass the fuel rail or is it more involved.

thanx for the input

Blackout
04-29-2012, 05:53 PM
i need to drain my fuel tank some ,its full now and just noticed it has a leak where the rubber gasket is around the filler neck,i cant seem to get a hose into the tank at fuel level is there a screen or something stopping the drain tube,going at this from the filler neck down.
If it is full then you will either have to drive the car until you get it down, or lower the tank enough to get the hat off and use a pump to pump some of the fuel out. I have also just simply primed the system over and over to empty the fuel system with the fuel line to the rail off and into a fuel can... but that is a slow pain in the ass approach.

also i want to put some plugs in it ,is it just unbolt the coil and slip it off pass the fuel rail or is it more involved.yep that is exactly what you do, and you aslo need a magnet to pull the plugs out after you unbolt them.

thanx for the input

I hope this helps. Any other questions just ask

mustang8998
04-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah Tony, there is an anti-siphon doohickey in the filler neck. You'll have to pump it out by jumping the fuel pump relay and draining it that way.

Blackout
04-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Yeah Tony, there is an anti-siphon doohickey in the filler neck. You'll have to pump it out by jumping the fuel pump relay and draining it that way.

yeah, I forgot that you can do that too....lol

TONYT
04-29-2012, 10:57 PM
good info x2 thanx guys

jeep45238
05-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Honestly - just buy the dougnut seal from Ford and drive it. Double check the filler neck to make sure it isn't damaged as well (mine had a damaged neck, the seal was fine).

Do the job when the tank is nearly empty.

It's a simple job to do with a floor jack and hand tools.

akagreg3
05-16-2012, 10:46 AM
there is a metal piece in the tube right before it goes in the tank its like a baffle, idk about a screen, with the tank full though its gonna be a pita to drop the tank drive it a bit, or try a smaller hoes