PDA

View Full Version : Zoe Jane

four6trix
04-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I have always named all of my cars (some of you still do that, right?). I saw my first Cobra aptly fit to be named after one of my favorite songs. She's a black 2003 Cobra, #2121 of a build of 5082. I got her two months ago with 47,xxx on the ticker. As far as I could tell, she had only a K&N FIPK CAI, a Magnaflow catback, and the BilletFlow IRS brace.

Well, we're now thinking that it may have been tuned with a handheld at one point or another. After putting her up on the rollers at Dayton Performance this weekend, she put down 431/390. I'm sure the CAI helps, but with the stock midpipe still in place, I can't see the catback helping all that much...but I could be wrong.

In the near future, I'm planning on doing the pulley swap, O/R X-pipe, dyno tune, and drag radials. I keep going back and forth between the 2.76 and 2.93 pulley. I want the power gain the 2.76 will bring, but don't want to worry about excessive heat at the track (I don't plan on porting the stock Eaton, I'd rather save up and replace it). So, opinions on that are much appreciated.

I'll keep you all updated as I progress with it :bigthumb

2Fast4You
04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Great looking ride and good street numbers.

redfirepearlgt
04-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Great numbers Josh. I understand from research that stock baseline pulls on 03/04 cobras generally produce 370-375 RWHP. Ford really under rated that car when it was introduced in 03. Some suspect it was to keep insurance rates down. Just rumor.

Measure the pully on the SC and see if it is about 3.0". The stock upper is said to be 3.65". If it is stock you may also wish to check the lower to see if it may be larger than stock, which in either case would increase your boost output. If neither is the case WOW!!!!!! Super great numbers.

I agree that the car has at least a canned tune based on your numbers but also suspect it may be running a 3.1" Steeda or as small as a 2.93" Metco already. Similar combinations running a 2.78" pulley (all highly suggest the additional idler at this point as well) are produing 455-460RWHP.

Go with the 2.8" (2.78") and enjoy the ride. You may also consider an OR/xpipe or catted X if the car doesn't have one already. Make sure you get it retuned (like duh). Dayton Performance is up your way and has a great reputation as you already know or have found out. It is always nice to have a good tuner in your back yard. Good luck and post up the finals.

four6trix
05-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Great numbers Josh. I understand from research that stock baseline pulls on 03/04 cobras generally produce 370-375 RWHP. Ford really under rated that car when it was introduced in 03. Some suspect it was to keep insurance rates down. Just rumor.

Measure the pully on the SC and see if it is about 3.0". The stock upper is said to be 3.65". If it is stock you may also wish to check the lower to see if it may be larger than stock, which in either case would increase your boost output. If neither is the case WOW!!!!!! Super great numbers.

I agree that the car has at least a canned tune based on your numbers but also suspect it may be running a 3.1" Steeda or as small as a 2.93" Metco already. Similar combinations running a 2.78" pulley (all highly suggest the additional idler at this point as well) are produing 455-460RWHP.

Go with the 2.8" (2.78") and enjoy the ride. You may also consider an OR/xpipe or catted X if the car doesn't have one already. Make sure you get it retuned (like duh). Dayton Performance is up your way and has a great reputation as you already know or have found out. It is always nice to have a good tuner in your back yard. Good luck and post up the finals.

Thanks for the advice! I do know that the S/C pulley is stock size, but haven't looked at the lower one. We were unable to find any other performance mods while it was at Dayton Performance over the weekend, which is why I was so surprised at what she put down. Should be putting out pretty solid numbers after the pulley, O/R X pipe, and dyno tune :rockon:

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the advice! I do know that the S/C pulley is stock size, but haven't looked at the lower one. We were unable to find any other performance mods while it was at Dayton Performance over the weekend, which is why I was so surprised at what she put down. Should be putting out pretty solid numbers after the pulley, O/R X pipe, and dyno tune :rockon:

Man thats just unfathomable. Talk about strong. Very nice. I should have looked closer at it when it was at Kings Automall. :D Oh well my loss, your gain. :bigthumb