Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
SCT tune files [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SCT tune files

CincySR
04-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I recently purchased a turbo kit for my other car and it came with a SCT hand held tuner. Right now the tuner is unmarried and has files for a focus on it. Is it possible to put tunes for my mustang in it and where would I get some tunes from and about how much would it cost.

redfirepearlgt
04-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Chances are IF the tuner is unmarried overwriting a tune is simple for a tuner. You can purchase canned tunes from internet speed shops which will also provide the download/overwrite software to do it for about $250.00+ HOWEVER...

IMHO Your best bet is to install that turbo package and then have it custom dyno tuned at a reputable area speed shop. While "canned tunes" will get you by nothing beats the the money spent for a well done tune that will yield you more power, better driveability. TRUST ME. For a little more have a reputable tuner do the job right. Price? Contact them for a quote...not my place to quote another man's work. What I paid and what you will pay may vary. You have quite a few awesome tuners in the Cincy/Dayton area.

Go cheap now you may well pay later. It may be in lost power, driveability, or mechanical failure due to not having the car tuned first hand.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
04-09-2012, 08:55 AM
I recently purchased a turbo kit for my other car and it came with a SCT hand held tuner. Right now the tuner is unmarried and has files for a focus on it. Is it possible to put tunes for my mustang in it and where would I get some tunes from and about how much would it cost.

We can get you on a base tune until you can get it to the dyno...

CincySR
04-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Ok, the turbo isn't going on the mustang, its going on my zx2. And I already have a SAFC in it which if i'm right does the same thing that this programmer is going to do for me on that car. So, I'm looking to use this on my mustang, just wanting a good tune for my mods. And Adam, if that is Easy Street down in Milford, I'm only 10 mins from there. So would it be best to just get an email tune for it or actually have it dyno'd and go from there. Money is tight especially since I'm doing the turbo on the other car. But I know the tuner will bring out the best in my stang.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
04-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Ok, the turbo isn't going on the mustang, its going on my zx2. And I already have a SAFC in it which if i'm right does the same thing that this programmer is going to do for me on that car. So, I'm looking to use this on my mustang, just wanting a good tune for my mods. And Adam, if that is Easy Street down in Milford, I'm only 10 mins from there. So would it be best to just get an email tune for it or actually have it dyno'd and go from there. Money is tight especially since I'm doing the turbo on the other car. But I know the tuner will bring out the best in my stang.

Yes we are in Milford. What are the Mods to the Stang? And no a SAFC will only control fuel, and do so by tricking the PCM. Custom tuning is by far the best way to go...

CincySR
04-09-2012, 10:13 PM
MAC intake, x-pipe, cat back. BBK udp's, 75mm TB and upper plenum.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
04-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Not a problem:bigthumb