Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cam lock seatbelts? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cam lock seatbelts?

Rick93coupe
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
What brand / style of cam locks do you like the best and why?

beefcake
03-21-2012, 09:55 PM

Are you meaning a 5 point harness?

RacerX
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Never liked cam locks, in a hurry the old fashioned lever ones are easier to find with gloves, when you are on fire thats a plus (been there more often that I would like). Also the lever type are easier to release without looking at them, I found I had to look down at the knob to release the cam locks, not good if the car is full of smoke and you can't see. Lastly, if you get liquid on them the cam lock knob can get slippery and hard to turn (upside down, or a really bad engine failure and oil/water comes in driver compartment). Just my 2 cents!

DR

Kwik92GT
03-21-2012, 10:19 PM

When we tested them at "our" previous place of employment Rick, the Impacts tested best in the cam lock style. On a side note, none of the cam locks worked near as good as the latch styles.

Bman
03-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Stroud safety

Rick93coupe
03-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Yes 5 point harneses Terry.

I assumed the cam lock style would be much easier than loading them in the buckle in the correct order. In a hurry thats a pain. Not rocket science I know but I never liked my old set.

gbrown8439
03-22-2012, 07:33 AM
I have always used G Force cam lock 6 point belts.

Timido
03-22-2012, 08:12 AM
I like impacts webbing on their belts. They stay tight. I could get out of either in no time. To bad impact screws their customers over

bestracing
03-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Yes 5 point harneses Terry.

I assumed the cam lock style would be much easier than loading them in the buckle in the correct order. In a hurry thats a pain. Not rocket science I know but I never liked my old set.

Once you get into a routine putting the belts on it's no different than plugging in a belt on a cam lock. IMHO

When I jumped into the car it was pull the shoulder belts over and grab R.waist belt with right hand. Then with the left hand slide r.shoulder belt on, crotch belt on, l.shoulder belt on and latch to left waist belt.

We had RCI belts and M&R belts in our 67. I'm not sure what our Dragster has in it right now. I prefered the M&R over the RCI's but haven't compaired them against anything else.

beefcake
03-22-2012, 08:49 AM
i have the gforce 5 point harness.

Works very well.

locks and unlocks quick and easy,

much nicer than the old fashioned style i had in the 99

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hRRHd2gRL._SS500_.jpg

rmracing
03-22-2012, 07:37 PM
I like the simpson quick release lever style belts .

2Fast4You
03-22-2012, 08:15 PM
I like the simpson quick release lever style belts .

I agree, the easiest I have ever used.

NXcoupe
03-23-2012, 08:57 PM
I really like the G force ones. I had to buy what they had at a race because I didn't check my belts and they had expired, so now I have some belts I just don't like as much as my old G forces. So another vote for G force here! I've got an old set you can check out if you want, and see the difference of the ones I have in the car now.