Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Project DOMINATOR [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Project DOMINATOR

setty2706
03-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Well i have taken some time apart from building but finally started working on my 1983 Dominator GT. I purchased this car a few months back from STOLLY113 and decided it was time to bring a super rare car back to its glory. This will be a slow process due to a major lack of free time and need to pay off some bills before i get alot done...

HERE IS ALITTLE HISTORY OF A DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR/GT WERE SOLD BY SUMMIT FORD IN SUMMIT MO. FROM 1982 TO 1986. THEY CAME IN 3 STAGES. DOMINATORS 1 AND 2 STAGES HAD FUNCTIONAL HOOD SCOOP,WHITH RAM AIR,MODIFIED AIR CLEANER AND CARB,HOOKER LONG TUBE HEADERS,MOTORCRAFT 2 IGNITION BOX WITH 6000 RPM LIMITOR,140mph SPEEDO,308 TO 410 GEARS,DOMINATOR DECALS ON LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT FENDERS AND TRUNK LID. DOMINATORS 3's THE DEALER COST JUST FOR THE ENG. WAS $6500.00. FROM THE SHOWROOM FLOOR THESE CARS RAN 12's ON STREET TIRES AND 11's WITH SLICKS.

My car is a stage 1 car which had meth/water injection and hooker long tube headers... My goal of the build and restoration is to bring it back to it's original appearance and to have a reliable clean cruiser with a good story..

I wouldnt talk smack because its not getting a 393 twin turbo lol

It has a long road ahead of it but will be worth the time and effort to save another mustang from the crusher... I have most the parts to build it just finding the time and energy to do so

CURRENT PLANS

306 w/ Gt40p heads
5 spd
3:73 gears
and to just be clean and fun

The last picture is the goal ...

setty2706
03-07-2012, 08:56 PM
I am currently working on installing new full length floor pans and and getting the old engine out so i can start all the metal work on the car... It had some damage on the passenger side so i went and grabbed some good sheet metal from my Donor car ..

I know its not a 9 second drag car but thought id share what i enjoy

Moody
03-07-2012, 09:38 PM
The T5 came out of my 89... I was told it was beefed up... Idk if its true or not... I know it has a new clutch and fly wheel. Nothing crazy just napa stuff I had laying around I gave to stolly when the old t5 took a shit.

Moody
03-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Good luck btw its a neat car.

mustang_gt88
03-07-2012, 09:46 PM
love the build cant wait till you get it on the road

setty2706
03-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Good luck btw its a neat car.

Thanks man... I love the car and looking forward to bringing it back to life

love the build cant wait till you get it on the road

We will have a battle of the 4eyed monsters lol.... how many car lengths do i get?

setty2706
03-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Here is some of its major TLC needs at the moment....

As you can see it needs floor pans and someone got creative and made a passenger pan OVERTOP the rusted out pan lol....

I did finish up the bad spots in the hatch area and got it finished,, now on to the floor pans

mustang_gt88
03-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I finally got my ride in the garge.The tail light and engine bay harness is in. I hope to put the engine in and finish the wiring next weekend.

90stang
03-08-2012, 10:32 AM
seen this car yesterday..has alot of potential and cant wait to see this complete. Good Luck with your build man.