PDA

View Full Version : surely im not the only one to have had this issue...

93notch
03-05-2012, 10:56 PM
valve covers is the subject.. sort of..
..im trying to cure a couple problems here.. first i need tall covers to clear my roller rockers and still have baffles. i was pushing too much oil up the filll tube without a baffle....i think.. its supercharged (@15lbs.)and havent done a leak down or compression test yet because i had a headgasket issue to deal with first, but i highly doubt i have an extreme blow by problem because the engine is fairly fresh. that being said, it seemed that i had a little too much crankcase pressure but one thing always leads to another. for sure had a bad head gasket ( even with o ringed heads), so while its torn down im adding a 1" intake spacer and tall covers( the baffle was cut out of my polished covers and i dont think that helped my issue any). i dont yet run a catch can, but am doing that too as i put it back together. what i think i want to do is get a set of tall covers that will fit, and before i put them on i want to weld bungs for a-n fittings in each one to run vent tubes to the catch can.i dont care about the efi fill tube since the port to the throttle body is plugged anyway., i just want to find a set that will work out...and theres alot out there.. maybe it doesnt matter if theyre baffled?? i dont know thats why im checkin in.. for that matter, am i on the right track wanting to run both valve covers and the gutted pcv all into a vented catch can?(not a cheezy ebay one .. one that is actually functional)id rather just put this back together once this month..lol ...any help or ideas would be appreciated. also, i dont want to run my catch can back in ahead of the maf like they talk about..i just dont think i like that. i just want to vent the can to the atmosphere(hence the vented can).. is that wrong or am i correct thinking that should work.. thanks for giving me the opportunity to confuse you..lol...

93notch
03-05-2012, 11:04 PM
hope i didnt post in the wrong area ... i didnt want to get thrown into the modular mix..

93notch
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
dang... no thoughts huh??

White Lightning
03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Do you have the pvc in the intake hooked up? If so unhook it.

93notch
03-06-2012, 05:53 PM
no. its gutted and the hose is just laying over on the passenger side venting to the atmosphere..

NXcoupe
03-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I used TFS valve covers, and welded -10 bungs in the top of both of them, and routed it to a catch can. I plugged the pcv with a rubber expansion plug, and put a plug in the TFS filler neck. All the oil gets pushed into the overflow, and I just drain it out every once in a while. It works well and no spacer on the intake.

93notch
03-06-2012, 11:34 PM
cool. thanks nx coupe. pretty much what i had in mind, now i know im on the right track!appreciate the input

90 notch
04-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Sounds like the right thing 2 do NXcoupe to me