Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
lost my dog this moring [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : lost my dog this moring

coupegt
03-03-2012, 09:23 AM
We had to put my boxer/husky to sleep this morning :( we all are so upset! He was fine then he started having seizures his temp was 108.3 when we got to the vet! They tried to help him but no luck. My kids are going to be devastated! You were very loved Buddy and we will all miss you!!!

redfirepearlgt
03-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Sorry for your loss. We had to put down our Bailey (Boxer) two years ago this week. We know your pain and know the struggle of making that decision. Reccommend having him cremated. We have found some comfort in knowing we can take Bailey with us if we ever move and as well know she is still here in out home warm and safe. Sounds a little wierd maybe but it was a great comfort in the long run for us. We still miss her and we still get emotional from time to time but Shelby (the boxer we were given by a fellow member) has been there to hold and hug. Good luck and quick healing to your family during your loss.

1987coupe
03-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Sorry for you loss

Maximus
03-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Losing your Dog, SUCKS!!! Give it some time, then go get another one. We waited 8 months after I put Cody down to get another. Now Bodie is a great addition to the family.
Sorry for your loss, the pain does heal.

rtvickers
03-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I am very sorry for your lose. I know the feeling all too well. I had to put down my 6 yr old rottie 2 yrs ago last month. I can't have kids so he was like my son. We did everything together. I have a hard time to this day looking at photos of him. It still chokes me up. I don't think I will ever have another pet. I don't want to get attached to them knowing that one day I may have to make that decision again. That's just me. I know what you are going through. Time helps ease the pain.

adragon72
03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Man I hate to hear this! Sorry for your families loss

Rich
03-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Sorry for the loss. We put our family dog down a few months ago after 15 years of loyal service. One of the toughest decisions a person can make...it sucked!

chris91
03-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Oh man, SOOOO sorry to hear that. We had to put our 4 year old Jack Russel down for the exact same thing last year. He was a healthy, crazy little dog that never had a problem. Outta no where he started having seizures and the vet told us to monitor him overnight. They got worse and on the way to the vet he went into a seizure and never came out. They dosed him with a huge amount of Valium and it didnt help. They told us even if they got them under control there was a very high chance since his temp was so high for so long and he was under the seizure for so long that he probably wouldnt even remember his own name or even be the same dog again. One of the hardest decisions Ive had to make in my life. They definitely grab hold of your heart.

coupegt
03-03-2012, 03:51 PM
yes it is a very hard thing to do he was fine at 4am and a 620am he had a seizure and was in it for a hour straight had him at the vet at 7am they tried for a hour to get them to stop and didnt have any luck and with temp up to 108.3 they said he had less than 7% of making it to live. And he had no prior siezures is the bad part we still have our black lab and a cat it will be a long time before get another dog.

chris91
03-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Our Jack didnt have any previous seizures either. And of course the vet wanted like $200 to do blood work after he was already gone to find out what caused it. They already got us for $400 so I told them no thanks. I didnt think we would get another dog being we already had two others but within two months we had another Jack Russel. Just was looking on Craigslist and found a lady that had JRT puppies and one looked almost identical to our old one so I thought it was meant to be and went and picked him up the next day. I hate to say it, but it did really help with the healing process. Just something about Puppies. lol

USMCPONY
03-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Sorry to hear that. My cat died yesterday and I'm spending the day burying him. I'm not a cat person but I do like all animals and he was a good part of the family. He's the only grey himalayan I've seen with bright blue eyes. He will be missed. I'm going have to find my German Shepherd a new friend.

MrsAPE
03-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Hardest thing ever. So sorry. File back for the future Recycled Doggies. Wonderful organization. They save dogs from death row and give them a second chance at life. Every animal should feel loved like yours did. Sorry for your loss again. Beautiful dog.

mad max
03-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Sorry for your loss man.

coupegt
03-03-2012, 07:00 PM
yeah they hit us for $520 then said i could have a full autopsy for like $50 but i would have had to take him to columbus myself i just had him creamated to get it over with

chris91
03-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah its amazing what they try to hit you up for after they know the kind of pain you're in after having to make that decision. Kinda makes you want to punch em in the mouth.

qwk93ta
03-03-2012, 08:02 PM
I wish you the best, it sucks to put a dog down...I've done it twice.

Stangman
03-04-2012, 03:54 AM
That sucks!!!! Sorry to hear that Billy!!

I still miss my black lab... and its been many years. He was my pal

slick04gt
03-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Sorry for your loss. I've had a couple dogs over the years and its a heart wrenching situation. Literally losing your best friend, my condolences to you and your family.

duststang
03-04-2012, 11:36 AM
sorry to hear you loss your dog. I know my dogs are part of my family and my kids would be heart broken.

Steves LX
03-04-2012, 12:22 PM
We had to put one of our dogs down last summer. She was almost 16 years old and refused to give up. But she couldn't eat on her own and be a normal dog anymore. Hardest decision we ever made. It sucks big time and it will get easier as time goes on. Just keep your heads up and stay strong and remember that he is much happier now and thanking you for not letting him suffer.

mustanger
03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear that this had to happen. Just keep in mind that your best friend left behind some of the best memories you'll ever have.:angel:

Katmandu
03-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Sorry to hear of your losses.....