Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stangbangerz Favorite Wax [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stangbangerz Favorite Wax

NC89GT
01-23-2012, 07:47 PM
This may have been posted at some point. Just wondered what everyone used and liked. I have been using the meguires Ultimate paste wax. I really like the finished product except I dont feel that the water beads up after very many washes.

Just thought I would see what everyone else was using.

plated
01-23-2012, 07:52 PM
http://www.wizardsproducts.com/ you got to get on the wizards products you will throw all the other stuff over the hill your local smyth/koi paint centers carries it:bigthumb 20 yrs for a living ive tried them all nothing compares,you cant get duck tape to stick to your car after applying it

Black Horse
01-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Zaino...hands down the best

cstreu1026
01-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I use all Jax Wax,products.

NC89GT
01-23-2012, 08:24 PM
I wish I had an old beater car that I could practice buffing on. I don't really wanna learn on anything I own. I know that would make the finished product look a lot better. That and I don't know that I have to patience to wash buff and detail my Avalanche all before I drive it and get it dirty again

plated
01-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I wish I had an old beater car that I could practice buffing on. I don't really wanna learn on anything I own. I know that would make the finished product look a lot better. That and I don't know that I have to patience to wash buff and detail my Avalanche all before I drive it and get it dirty again

use there polish/sealer by hand one panel at a time with microfiber rag,nothing will stick to your car all you will have to do is spray it off for the next 6 months no bucket washing needed after applying,it's the best thing out right now and easiest i've seen and used that other crap you have to work your ass off only for it to wash off after couple time in the water,just try it you will see;)

fuel10922
01-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Collinite wax

http://www.autogeek.net/collinite.html?gclid=CLjE5ebC560CFdQAQAodSnbj7g

NC89GT
01-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Ill probably order some.. The Avalanche will need clay barred before I do anything serious..

Chris Lazzo
01-23-2012, 08:48 PM
For black cars Turtle wax black box the best period.......I think alot has to do with the paint color / type, My silver vette don't seem to matter what I use....... I can't tell the difference between cheap wax and high dollar wax on it.

Plated is right Wizards is the shit.

For Aluminum
Plated gave me some Busch Super Polish to try and I was amazed how it worked that shit rocks.

NC89GT
01-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Plated.... what all would you recommend from their line.. Might as well test a little bit of everything..

NC89GT
01-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Well my mustang is the Gunmetal one in my avatar, I drive a 2011 red avalanche and my wife has a new gunmetal equinox. I also sometimes take care of my fathers car.. He has a 2011 grand cherokee but he is one of those guys who thinks its a car wash when it rains and it gets waxed when you run it thought the works wash at the car wash.. Id like to find something that will last a while for protecting not really concerned on how deep the shine is.

Goldenpony
01-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Optimum Poli-Seal.

skenny19
01-23-2012, 09:15 PM
i like valco products

redfirepearlgt
01-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Wizards, or Maguire products

cquist
01-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Adams stuff www.adamspolishes.com Easy on and off. Lasts a good while for me although car is not out in the bad weather much. Here is a picture from this years Cavalcade.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/cquist1/2012uploadvarious012.jpg

foxbodyfan
01-23-2012, 11:21 PM
NC89GT: Collinite wax is a really good sealing wax. Put a few thin coats on and it will last for months. It is low on the price scale but is pretty good quality. Should be perfect for what you are looking for.

Wizard products are good to but I think for just sealing the paint I would give collinite a go.

foxbodyfan
01-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Forgot to add Collinite Insulator Wax #845 is the one Im speaking of.

facemelter71
01-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Might want to give Griots products a try. I use it on my family's cars since mine dont use wax on top of rust. But our other store uses it on their Maserati,Porsche,and Ferrari lines.

Crucial
01-24-2012, 12:19 AM
i'd also have to go with adams ... not only is it the easiest wax i have used but costumer service is beyond top notch ... and they have a 110% money back guarantee

NC89GT
01-24-2012, 07:22 AM
cquist... I have always loved the new GTO's just could never pull the trigger to buy one.. I am really looking for something for my daily driver. You car looks very good though. I want something that will look good but also last longer that 3 washes and still have the water bead up. I think I will try a few of these.. My truck parks outside.. my wife and ATV get the garage.. and the mustang is down at my parents I drive my truck a lot but I also try to keep it looking nice

cquist
01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I dont daily drive mine. Over 6 years of ownership and 37k on the clock. I drive an 08 Impala daily. I like the Impala as a daily driver. Good trunk space, roomy, solid motor(3.8). Some people do drive their GTO's daily. No trunk space, hard to get in back seats(although very roomy once you are in), but the fun factor trumps that for some people. I got dogs so it just wont work. Hopefully you can pull the trigger on day. The 04's can be found very cheap. Great bang for buck. As far as Adams go just try their detail spray and you will buy more products. Just wish they could be picked up at a local store.

NC89GT
01-24-2012, 10:34 AM
I had a 300 srt8 prior to my avalanche I loved it. I needed something bigger for work. I love the avalanche but I miss the 300 daily..

Yellow98Cobra
01-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Wizards..........

04 Venom
01-24-2012, 12:55 PM
I have had ggod luck using Rejex. Easy to apply and buff.

foxbodyfan
01-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Wizards is for more for polishing it has abrasives in the product. Collinite doesn't have any abrasives in the 845.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/zUsuHpzRf50

fuel10922
01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
The Collinite 845 is what I use on all my vehicles. The real trick to a NICE FINISH is to realize it is a whole process not just wash and apply one product. Clean paint.....swirl remover..........sealer/polish....then wax!

NC89GT
01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
So with the wizards you can't wax on top of the polish sealer??

gideeup
01-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Wizards is the shit ! I use it on evey car I own and it really brings out the shine. Not to mention it smells good to.

foxbodyfan
01-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Polishes and buffing compounds have differing amounts of abrasives in them. Those are used to get scratches out. Wax is to keep dirt and water off the paint to protect it.

So if you want to clean up your paint or remove swirls in the paint you will use a polish. Buffing compounds are a bit coarser to get heavy swirls and scratches out. When the paint is swirl free then its time for wax to protect the paint.

So if you want to use Wizards to clean up the paint that will work. You can use Wax over Wizards products to protect it when the paint is where you want it.

91boost
01-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Try blackfire wet diamond.

NC89GT
01-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Well I ordered some wizards products so I will give them a shot.. Thanks for all the input.

NC89GT
01-26-2012, 08:33 PM
I got my Wizards polishes today, Hopefully I can get my truck washed tomorrow and try them out tomorrow night..

331TwistedWedge
01-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Fusion, Wolfgang or Pinnacle Signature Series II ... but i recommend correcting your clear if you havent done so already.

BIGRED Z
01-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Zaino. :bigthumb

IWRBB
01-27-2012, 09:31 AM
I've used Maguiers, Zaino, Menzerna and Klasse in the last few years.

Klasse All-In-One is the best IMO for the daily driver that you want looking good, but aren't truly "detailing". It cleans like a SOB, and you don't have to let it dry- just rub it on and buff it off. Dust is minimal. Smell is not bad, not great.

Zaino- still using my "old stock"- but I think it's too expensive and not much better than other quality waxes. Minimal dust, smells good.

Maguier- I've only used the Gold Class Paste Carnuba Wax as a "top coat" but I like it. Easy to apply, easy to take off. Very little dust, smells OK.

The Menzerna procuts I've used are polishes, not waxes or sealers. They do a good job taking out swirls and haze from clear coats (ahem MystiChris) when used with a machine polisher, but they are a bitch to take off if you let them dry. Best tactic is to re-wet the polish with a spray bottle prior to removing.

I personally think it make little difference what brand you use- the most important thing is to actually do it. You could use the best stuff in the world, but if it's only once every two years for a DD that site outside, it's not going to cut it. Using the cheapest crap you can find every month would be way better.

What I look for in wax/sealant is low dust- more than anything. Consider how hard is it to apply/buff off. Look for something that smells OK to you. Something like Nu-Finish with that nasty solvent smell isn't going to make the cut in my garage. They will all make your car shiney.

winner70ta
01-28-2012, 09:56 PM
As you can see favorite waxes are like opinions! :lol:

WCKDGT
01-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Try blackfire wet diamond.

i heard that is a great wax. im gonna get pete's 53
from chemical guys for my spring cleaning