Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dealing with auto ins. adjuster, any body men here? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with auto ins. adjuster, any body men here?

supercab78
01-19-2012, 11:29 AM
I got rearended and it cracked the rear bumper of a 1997 Ford Contour. The adjuster gives us a check for $755. Parts were about $573.00 with taxes. He only allowed $170 for 3.7 hours labor. Seen to me it shy on labor. I didn't plan on fixing it but that doesn't matter does it? Any thoughts?

84stang
01-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Normally if it is more the body shop will put in for a adjustment claim.

700hp04mystic
01-19-2012, 11:55 AM
yea sounds like to me there paying to repair the bumper not put a new one on. and if they do replace it anymore they only use aftermarket or recycled part for a salvage yard. they alway come out on top.

RIXXX93GT
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Maybe mfield will reply, he has some experience in this field.

cstreu1026
01-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I just went through this on my Mini. I went to a body shop and got an estimate then the adjuster came out to look at it. He came up with a lower figure because he figured the price on an aftermarket part not OEM. He issued a check but the shop I used only uses OEM parts and that's what I wanted. They took care of everything with the insurance company.

700hp04mystic
01-19-2012, 12:30 PM
im telling u first hand insurance co. will not pay for oem parts if there is aftermarket avalible unless its state farm. the only thing they have to give oem is airbags and thing pertaining to them.

MFIELD
01-19-2012, 02:18 PM
What does the estimate say? Does it say repair or replace for the bumper? Some insurance companies dont care if you want aftermarket parts or not. The company I work for will honor your choice. If the bumper is being replaced then the labor is figured automatically from the database. If it is being repaired then it is a judgement item and that will be between the adjuster and the shop. It does not matter if you have it fixed or not you are intitled to the damages.

I am not going to get into the comments about insurance companies always win. I have said this before, has anyone ever read there policy? I bet not. State Farm also uses aftermarket parts, just like everyone esle.

OP, I hope this helps you understand more. PM me if you have more questions.

qwk93ta
01-20-2012, 12:07 PM
im telling u first hand insurance co. will not pay for oem parts if there is aftermarket avalible unless its state farm. the only thing they have to give oem is airbags and thing pertaining to them.

I have to disagree....most insurance companies are going to base the decision of OEM vs. aftermarket on the age of the vehicle, cost of the vehicle and the condition of the vehicle.

This is off of Sate Farm's website....

State Farm keeps its "Good Neighbor" service promise every day, one claim at a time. We're committed to your satisfaction regarding new non-original equipment manufacturer (non-OEM) and recycled parts used in the repair of your vehicle.

700hp04mystic
01-20-2012, 12:34 PM
ok everyone has there own opinion just wait till you wreck a alomost new car and they put aftermarket parts on it for ya then you will see. sometimes if you bitch enough they will change it. i worked at one of the biggest body shops in my area and seen it alot.

inferno50
01-21-2012, 10:45 AM
that labor time is not great but it is about what they pay to do a simple bumper job. i see it every day. when i fixed my own moms car they figured a toyota highlander with 18k on it for a used door. i paid 50 more and got a new one from yota

87stangbbb
01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
supercab it sounds like u came out ahead either way lol

inferno50
01-21-2012, 02:24 PM
All companies are different. Progressive and geico are by far the worst I deal with. Cincinnati insurrance is the best. They do not use any aftermarket parts. Not even for claiments.

coupegt
01-21-2012, 02:34 PM
dont sound to bad to me if it just needs a bumper cover could go to local junk yard and get parts and fix it your self may even get lucky and find same color.

331lx
01-21-2012, 03:17 PM
My buddy totaled my 02 f150 last October and state farm wrote me a check for the exact amounted I paid for the truck from whitewater motors, minus my deductable. As far as ur situation the body shop should call for a claims adjustment

inferno50
01-22-2012, 12:24 AM
you already said your not going to fix it. that being said there will be no supplement on the repairs. take your 750 and run. insurance guys are good at what they do and have people try to get more money out of them every day. be happy .

plated
01-22-2012, 01:41 AM
state farm was sued in 1986 for a couple deaths using aftermarket structure peices,they learned early in the game NO AFTERMARKET!! state farm is the only ins company that will not use aftermarket,they willl use used oem before using aftermarket,bigg up state farm!! good luck

700hp04mystic
01-22-2012, 01:54 AM
thank you final someone chimes in that has been there. state farm is the best insurance co. hands down. the rest of them put jap parts on just about on everything no matter how new the car is.

qwk93ta
01-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Read this report, State Farm is the 4th worst.....

http://www.justice.org/docs/TenWorstInsuranceCompanies.pdf

inferno50
01-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Hate to burst your bubble fellas but state farm just wrote one on a car at the shop yesterday and all it had on it was aftermarket and used. Also a rebuilt bumper cover. They all suck.

inferno50
01-26-2012, 08:41 AM
From the words of my boss. None of us have insurance.... we only have payments.

jktruckin06
01-26-2012, 08:51 AM
So what is the way to remedy getting your car fixed with aftermarket or used parts? Do you have to have more insurance with your own company?

cstreu1026
01-26-2012, 10:03 AM
So what is the way to remedy getting your car fixed with aftermarket or used parts? Do you have to have more insurance with your own company?

Insurance companies are in business to take in as much money as possible while paying out as little as possible. My best advice is find a good body shop that will go to bat for you. I personally try to avoid any shop that the insurance company partners with because I want them looking after my best interest not the insurance company's