Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Thinking about buying this for my kids...what do you think? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying this for my kids...what do you think?

Blackout
01-17-2012, 09:35 PM
I am looking to buy my foster kids and kids over 16 one of these to putt around on. Looks pretty cool (down sized can-am). He'll the advertisement they do almost 70mph and get 80 miles to the gallon. I might look at one for me if gas keeps going up. They come in other colors and you can buy the body kit for them and different wheels.

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/mustang46/mc95081.jpg

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/mustang46/mc9505.jpg

beefcake
01-17-2012, 10:30 PM
steering is kind of awkward i think on them, not a fan

sean
01-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Nice. Street legal? How much?

700hp04mystic
01-17-2012, 10:42 PM
sweet man should be a blast...

Blackout
01-17-2012, 10:46 PM
$4500 new out the door and completely street legal

qwk93ta
01-18-2012, 06:42 AM
I looked at their website, but could not find anything about a warranty....does it come with one?

Blackout
01-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Not sure. Probably have to call them. I just thought it was a cool idea...

sean
01-18-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm to lazy to look but if it chinese made I wouldn't do it. I have had a couple chinese quads. They served their purpose but if you rode a little rough on them they broke.

furiouslyfaster
01-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Those things look kinda fun. Kinda looks like a snowmobile and a 3 wheel motorcycle had a handicapped baby that came out backwards. LOL I wonder what they are like to drive/ride. I want one of these http://www.campagnamotors.com/products/t-rex-14rr/specs.aspx

Gene
01-18-2012, 10:20 AM
I have yet to see a Chinese-made motorcycle or quad that didn't have suspect build quality, and warranties are pretty much useless if they don't have a dealer network.

That being said, I've worked on quite a few Chinese-made scooter, motorcycles, quads, etc, and they usually are pretty easy to work on. You have to be willing to accept flimsy plastic and easily broken trim pieces, but the basic engines, electrics, etc are pretty universal across the various "brands". There are a lot of internet resources out there to help with fixing it.

As long as you don't expect Honda motorcycle build quality and are willing to wrench on it yourself, you'll be fine.

Blackout
01-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I will be looking into it. For the money though, I think that they might be worth getting if they are made with quality. I just thought it was cool.

RIXXX93GT
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM
I have yet to see a Chinese-made motorcycle or quad that didn't have suspect build quality, and warranties are pretty much useless if they don't have a dealer network.

That being said, I've worked on quite a few Chinese-made scooter, motorcycles, quads, etc, and they usually are pretty easy to work on. You have to be willing to accept flimsy plastic and easily broken trim pieces, but the basic engines, electrics, etc are pretty universal across the various "brands". There are a lot of internet resources out there to help with fixing it.

As long as you don't expect Honda motorcycle build quality and are willing to wrench on it yourself, you'll be fine.

This hits it on the head, it looks chinese and if it is then you can expect to work on it. You will brake normal parts easier than expected...bolts...body pieces...manifolds...brakes etc. They are cheap, they can be fun but they are not built to last or use frequently.

Black92LX
01-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Would not for the life of me think of buying anything for a 16 year old kid that is not fully enclosed to be driven on the road.

Gene
01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Would not for the life of me think of buying anything for a 16 year old kid that is not fully enclosed to be driven on the road.

:rolleyes:

I had a moped at 14 and a 600 Ninja at 16. I didn't die. Didn't even come close. If anything I was more careful on the bike than in my car. Pretty much all of my vehicular stupidity as a teenager was done in my Camaro.

Look at it from this perspective...you can't fill a bike with a 3-4 friends egging him on to do something dumb.

Katmandu
01-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Would not for the life of me think of buying anything for a 16 year old kid that is not fully enclosed to be driven on the road.x2. The male brain's frontal cortex (rational decision making part) until at least age 25. :cool2:

Black92LX
01-19-2012, 11:54 AM
:rolleyes:

I had a moped at 14 and a 600 Ninja at 16. I didn't die. Didn't even come close. If anything I was more careful on the bike than in my car. Pretty much all of my vehicular stupidity as a teenager was done in my Camaro.

Look at it from this perspective...you can't fill a bike with a 3-4 friends egging him on to do something dumb.

Not worried about his driving abities. Everyone else around him.
When you were 14 cellphones and texting weren't a distractikn concern.