Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
1969 Mustang HELP!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Mustang HELP!!

jktruckin06
01-07-2012, 12:26 PM
ok, so i have an oppurtunity to pick up a 1969 in supposedly ok shape... sight unseen i know it needs the front frame rails replaced, and atleast one floorboard??? interior will need recovered, door internals either missing or not put together on one side... he said the trunk is solid as is the main body, one quarter has a dent. it comes with the stock 302 that supposedly ran and also a brand new 351 block with all internals not put together.

2000 is the price, can anyone tell me is this sounding about right or is it too much... also any help on the costs of the frame rail repairs and floorboards. i know interior is pricey but possible somethingi can piece together over time.

so lay it on me. i'm supposed to go look at the car tonight and need some advice. if it ends up being too much for me, i'll get pictures and maybe someone else here will want it. thanks in advance

GREAZY
01-07-2012, 03:06 PM
coupe or fastback ?

rollingthunder
01-08-2012, 10:20 AM
was it rust or wrecked that the front frame rails are shot?? must have a leak around the cowl down on the floor board if it is gone but the other side isn't and the trunk is still solid. hard to say if it is worth it or not...really depends on what you want to do with the car. If you want to use it is a starting point for a street car with all the enemities of such then no doubt long and pricey project...if you are looking for a stripped down version for a race car then you will have just saved a ton of money on doing the interior. sounds like a big project either way. Good luck on the decision

jktruckin06
01-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Greazy its a coupe. And thanks rolling thunder. The frame rails are just rusted bad apparently. No wrecks except his golf cart going into a fender lol. I think it will be too much for me to take on though but we'll see whenever he calls!

mustangboy
01-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Sounds expensive. You better be very patient or have very deep pockets for a project like that.

jktruckin06
01-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I know it wouldn't be cheap... and I'm definitely not looking to do a full restore. Just a nice looking and driving well... driver.

Buckeye
01-10-2012, 02:50 AM
take it from a guy with a 68 that has snowballed. Spend more money on a western car and ship it back and you will be FAR better off

03z06vette
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Uhhhh, better finish the one in progress first...lol

jktruckin06
01-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Hahaha... hey hey look who's talking! The wife is getting anxious to have one she can call hers. I was considering the 69 but she likes the 99-04s too, and that equals alot less headache for me.

67Terror
01-11-2012, 10:40 AM
yea sounds like too much money for the work it needs. if it were a fastback it would be a different story.

jktruckin06
01-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Alright well thanks for the input. We'll take the easy way out and get her a newer one