Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone have a MagicJack ? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a MagicJack ?

Katmandu
01-04-2012, 04:00 PM
If so, how do you like it ?

What's the costs ?

adragon72
01-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm interested too! I have to pump the shit out of mine.

jlt2006
01-04-2012, 07:44 PM
20 for the gadget and 20 for the first year.

Quality sucked, echoed. But for 1.70 a month

Katmandu
01-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Quality sucked, echoed. But for 1.70 a monthWas it even worth that ? :confused:

jlt2006
01-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Very easy to use, could have been my cheap ass pc. I would say yes, it was worth it. Used it for a year. Only paid the same as one month bill from Cinti Bell. So I got 11 months of phone for free. The other end did not hear the echo.

Markcore
01-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Lady I work with has it. Said she paid $29 to buy it, $59 total for a 5 year service. She said it's no different than her old regualer phone line. She has a PC in her basement that it's connected to, and a wireless up stairs to use it. I guess now you don't need a PC to use it.

Dirtyd0g
01-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Ours works ok. I had trouble with it on cable but once I switched to dsl I have no problems. DSL is much more stable but cable is faster.
Alan

Black92LX
01-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I have been running it for years.
I bought the original version that plugs into the USB port so your computer must be on for it to work.
No problems with that.
I paid $40 which included 1 year of service. Then it was $20 a year after that.
I have 10mbps internet through my cable provider and never have an echoing and sound quality is just like a land line.
They recently released the MagicJack plus that does not need to be hooked to a computer and works all the time as long as you have internet service.
They offered it to current magicjack owners for $35 including 1 year of service. My year was about up anyway so I figured the being on all the time with no computer would be nice. I upgraded and am very happy I did. I can put the computer to sleep now with no problems.

Honestly can't be beat.
You get a phone number (with any area code you want)
All calls are free (minus international)
Call Waiting (even plays music for the person on hold)
Voicemail - Sends an email with a .wav file to you if someone leaves a message. (Which is nice as I can check my message on my smart phone without having to use minutes calling the voicemail box from my smartphone)
911 Service registered to your address but your number stays unlisted from public lists unless you specify to be added to them.

For $1.70 a month so I don't have to give businesses my cellphone number and to have 911 capabilities at the house. It is unbeatable.

I bought one of the cordless phone set. So I have the main station plugged to the magic jack. Then two more cordless stations around the house as they only need a power outlet and no phone jack.

Katmandu
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
I bought one of the cordless phone set. So I have the main station plugged to the magic jack. Then two more cordless stations around the house as they only need a power outlet and no phone jack. Cool!.

Sounds like you work for Magic Jack! :bigthumb

I think I'll get one.

Thanks

Black92LX
01-06-2012, 04:54 PM
No affiliation with them. Just love the product.