Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Time for Bengals fans to show up! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Time for Bengals fans to show up!

Katmandu
12-26-2011, 01:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7388727/cincinnati-bengals-ask-fans-turn-week-17-home-game

Monday, December 26, 2011
Time for Bengals fans to show up
By Jamison Hensley

The saddest part of the Bengals' surprising season has been the empty seats at Paul Brown Stadium. Thousands of them. Make that 20,000 of them nearly every home game.

The Bengals have enjoyed one of the best turnarounds in the NFL this season -- going from 4-12 last year to 9-6 in this one -- and few have been there to enjoy them.

Playoff Machine

Check current playoff seedings and figure scenarios through the end of the season. Playoff Machine | Scenarios
On Sunday, it's time for Bengals fans to push aside their issues with ownership and the stadium deal and applaud these players. The Bengals are playing the Ravens with a postseason spot on the line. This day isn't about Mike Brown. It's about Andy Dalton and the rest of the Cincinnati overachievers.

There's plenty of valid reasons for the public protest among the Who Dey Nation. Two winning seasons in the past 20 years (before clinching their third this year) have justifiably brought discontent and prompted valid questions whether the team is committed to winning. The handing over of the taxpayer-financed Paul Brown Stadium to the Bengals has soured many of the city's fans (and non-football fans), too.

This season has included some of the smallest crowds in the stadium's history. Only 41,273 fans showed up for last Sunday's win over Arizona, making Paul Brown Stadium more than one-third empty. It appears that die-hard fans are the endangered species in "The Jungle" these days.

Point proven. Message delivered. Now, Bengals players are begging fans to show up for Sunday's game. "I really want to encourage all of the Cincinnati fans to come out and cheer us on as we try to make the playoffs," defensive tackle Domata Peko said.

So, Bengals fans, are you listening?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/38913/time-for-bengals-fans-to-show-up

Bengals hope fans show for home finale
EmailPrintComments
ESPN.com news services
The Cincinnati Bengals have locked up just their third winning record in the last 21 years and are one win away from a playoff bid, but the team's biggest victory this season would be getting fans to show up.

With paltry attendance marking an impressive season in Cincinnati, Bengals players are now asking for fans to turn out for the team's home finale against AFC North rival Baltimore next Sunday.

NFL Playoff Scenarios

Which teams hold the tiebreakers and what's left on the schedule? ESPN breaks it down entering Week 17. Story

• Blog: Week 17 clinching scenarios
• Figure it out: Playoff machine
"I just want to thank the fans who were out there today," defensive tackle Domata Peko said Saturday. "We really felt you guys out there, and that helped us out big time. I really want to encourage all of the Cincinnati fans to come out and cheer us on as we try to make the playoffs."

If the Bengals (9-6) can knock off the Ravens (11-4), Cincinnati would be headed to the playoffs and in search of its first postseason victory since the 1990 season.

Only 41,273 fans showed up on a sunny, 38-degree afternoon to watch the breakthrough 23-16 victory over Arizona on Saturday. Paul Brown Stadium, with a 65,500-seat capacity, was more than one-third empty.

A big part in the Bengals' change in fortune on the field this year has been rookie quarterback Andy Dalton, who also is lobbying for an audience.

"It's going to be a big week, and we're going to need everyone to come out and support us," Dalton said. "Everyone in Cincinnati needs to come out for this big game."

Even coach Marvin Lewis has taken to calling upon the fans.

"The crowd really affected the game with the noise, and I'm sure they'll be anxious to get here next Sunday as we play for something special," Lewis said Saturday.

However, two decades of playing losing football has the Bengals proud of what they've accomplished for the sake of both the city and the franchise, but also looking for support from a tortured fan base.

"I'm just happy for the team and the city of Cincinnati," cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones said. "The fans did a great job getting behind us, and we need all of you this week. We need the fans this week. Who Dey! Please come support us.

"I'm Adam Jones, and I approved this message."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this repor

Katmandu
12-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Bengals must Win so the Steelers can have Homefield advantage throughout the playoffs! :D

Pittsburgh clinches home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs:

1) PIT win + CIN WIN/BAL loss or tie + NE loss

WHO-DEY !!!!!! :lol:

Moody
12-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Ya they want more fans to show up so they can make more money. As for showing up for a game to enjoy a game I rather go to the high school. For millions they get paid and the tax payers paying for the stadium they should be doing flips over people to score. I only go to the games that I don't pay for... I refuse to spend money there.

cobraman302
12-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Brown can stick it. I think the city wants to hit him right in the pocket book, good for them.

Mista Bone
12-26-2011, 02:29 PM
$90-100 a person to go to a game, you'll never see me there in that case.

I'll be sitting at home watching the game.

Moody
12-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Unless its blacked out

Maximus
12-26-2011, 03:04 PM
FREE beer would encourage a sell-out....otherwise, Fuck Mike Brown. :flipoff:

Mista Bone
12-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Unless its blacked out

wanna bet?

I've been able to watch every "blacked out" game live this year. If not later in the night someone will have a torrent of the game posted.

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2814574/003440811400/

CNTLOSE
12-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Being a season ticket holder I can buy one ticket and get the second free. They are really trying for a sell out.