Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
cancelled Christmas party [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cancelled Christmas party

duststang
12-19-2011, 07:09 AM
I just seen this in the news.
Christmas cancelled as Unilever withdraws striking workers' gifts. Unilever workers had their Christmas parties scrapped after they joined a national strike in a protest over pensions. Unions accused the global giant of "acting like a modern-day Scrooge" after the celebrations were cancelled in the wake of a 24-hour walk-out. Employees' traditional free festive food hampers and gift tokens were also withdrawn and given to charity. Several hundred Unilever workers in the UK had struck over company's plans to axe its final pension salary scheme. Bill Hodgson, a full-time convener for Unite, based at Port Sunlight, said workers were astonished by the move. He said: "The venue had already been booked, and cancelling it hasn't exactly gone down well.”

jktruckin06
12-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Lol. Did they still expect the party while striking? I deliver at vogt warehouse on 8th street and they have a sign up that reads... "new work incentive program - work or be fired".

Walter
12-19-2011, 07:24 AM
No worky, no party.

Jeff88coupe
12-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Heck...the company I work for does NOTHING for christmas for employees except give you the day off. Just be glad to have a job right now. I'm glad the company gave the food baskets to people that really need it and will be thankful to have it.

Walter
12-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Heck...the company I work for does NOTHING for christmas for employees except give you the day off. Just be glad to have a job right now. I'm glad the company gave the food baskets to people that really need it and will be thankful to have it.

Yup, its 24x7 where i work. If youre on the schedule, youre here. No matter what day it is.

cstreu1026
12-19-2011, 09:32 AM

...as I understand it it's not really the company's fault but more of a "loal" issue.