Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
iPhone sheeple in here! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : iPhone sheeple in here!

Goober
12-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Is the newest one really THAT good? I have an upgrade and everyone keeps saying I should get it. Thoughts? The cameras are a non point since an authorized repair facility will be removing them.

MWoods26
12-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I had the 3gs for over a year and just got the 4S in October. Really not much different. the camera is way better since my 3gs didnt have a flash. I dont use siri at all it really dont work all that well. I was due for an upgrade and got the phone for 299 then sold my 3gs on craigslist for 250 so the flash alone was worth the 50 bucks it cost me to get into the 4S

Rick93coupe
12-07-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm no fanboy but I'll say I've had all sorts of phones through the years from Samsung to Sony Ericson to Motorola as well as Nokia and my iphone 4 is so much better than any of the others I've had, in every avenue.

Kevin1989
12-07-2011, 10:09 PM
siri is the cats pajamas!!! you tell her "I wanna see some titties" and she finds strip clubs.... and if your lazy it will do any math problem for you.

Markcore
12-07-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm no fanboy but I'll say I've had all sorts of phones through the years from Samsung to Sony Ericson to Motorola as well as Nokia and my iphone 4 is so much better than any of the others I've had, in every avenue.

Same here. My iPhone is better in every form verses the Droids I've had. Takes a few weeks to get used to if you're an Android user, but still simple. iTunes will keep a complete backup of your phone too. Pretty sweet really. I'll only have an iPhone from here on out. Well... unless a droid comes out with a BJ port :lol::lol:

Rick93coupe
12-07-2011, 10:23 PM
unless a droid comes out with a BJ port :lol::lol:

hahaha, that's hilarious!

Black92LX
12-08-2011, 12:14 PM
IOt kind of depends on what sort of phone you have now. If you have a decent smart phone I would not upgrade to the 4S.
I would wait for an iPhone to get 4g technology.

Goober
12-08-2011, 12:44 PM
I have a Blackberry Bold 9650, went from a Droid Incredible to that.

Goober
12-08-2011, 12:47 PM
siri is the cats pajamas!!! you tell her "I wanna see some titties" and she finds strip clubs.... and if your lazy it will do any math problem for you.

just what I need, another know-it-all hag who calls me lazy. How long until she says that I done appreciate her anymore?

94tchikinv8
12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
IOt kind of depends on what sort of phone you have now. If you have a decent smart phone I would not upgrade to the 4S.
I would wait for an iPhone to get 4g technology.

That's pretty much my line of thought. I currently have a bionic and am pretty happy with it. I have only had droid phones thus far and have been satisfied. I'm not sure what all the iFuss is about; maybe I'll take a look if a 5 comes out next year with 4g. I will add, the 4 and 4s seem to be well made.

-Rob

Black92LX
12-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Even though the Blackberry is a dying breed I would milk it until a 4g iPhone comes out or check out some of the 4g Androids.

I have an iPhone 4. I have no Android Experience but I do have a Galaxy Tab that should arrive on Monday. If I like it may switch to an Android myself.

Goober
12-08-2011, 10:13 PM
If this Blackberry makes it that long. Its to the point now where it needs to be hard crashed 2-3 times a day to keep going.

89notch
12-08-2011, 10:33 PM
I would stay away from 4G technology until they can manage the battery life a little better. Whats the point of having to carry a phone and a charger everywhere you go.

FMGT1999
12-08-2011, 11:21 PM
I have a 4s and I love it, had it almost a month now. Very cool phone and I like everything about it besides the fact that my droid had way better wifi apps. Besides that the iPhone 4s rocks!

Kyle

94tchikinv8
12-08-2011, 11:22 PM
I would stay away from 4G technology until they can manage the battery life a little better. Whats the point of having to carry a phone and a charger everywhere you go.

My battery in my bionic lasts all day. And if you need more if you're on the phone constantly you can get cheap batteries with a charger on ebay. Can't do that with the iphone either. You can turn the 4g off if you don't need it as well, which saves battery.

Bear in mind, I don't think the bionic is the greatest phone, just using it as an example since that's what I have right now. Not trying to bash the iphone either, they are well made phones. I just think there is a lot of hype. I was disappointed though that the 4s didn't release with 4g. You can't get it in all areas, but it really does make for a much better device if you have access.

-Rob

Paul408Notch
12-09-2011, 07:05 AM
I was disappointed though that the 4s didn't release with 4g.
-Rob

If it did, then how would they get people to drop tons of cash on next year's phone? They have to leave something out so they have a selling point for next year's model.

Blackout
12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
All I have to say is that I really like my 4g sensation from t-mobile. It's a droid and it does everything I want it to. Funny thing is with the new I-phone is that they are just now putting the dual core processors in. I have had mine for over a year now and love it. I can do what ever I want and I also have had a flash player for the entire time. I-phones are just falling behind.

Rich
12-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm due for a new phone tomorrow. I've been "researching" phones for the past month or so and I can tell you...I had an easier time buying a house. This is freaking ridiculous....

89notch
12-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I like the android stuff and how its open source. However I really like the simplicity of the iphone. You can do more with the androids being open source if you want to load a new rom on it. I just have never found the android phones to flow and function as well as the iphone does. I also like how apple continues to offer software support for all previous models and doesn't just kill off updates to older phones.

Goober
12-09-2011, 05:32 PM
this is good discussion. keep it coming

blown96cobra
12-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I've had every model since the iPhone 2 and the 4s is definitely worth the $. I've tried a few different android phones and had a few blackberrys for corporate phone. the iPhone 4s is the best phone I've had yet and Im really looking forward to the 5 coming out this July.

blown96cobra
12-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I've had every model since the iPhone 2 and the 4s is definitely worth the $. I've tried a few different android phones and had a few blackberrys for corporate phones. the iPhone 4s is the best phone I've had yet and Im really looking forward to the 5 coming out this July.

Goober
12-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Is July the official or speculated date?

94tchikinv8
12-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I like the android stuff and how its open source. However I really like the simplicity of the iphone. You can do more with the androids being open source if you want to load a new rom on it. I just have never found the android phones to flow and function as well as the iphone does. I also like how apple continues to offer software support for all previous models and doesn't just kill off updates to older phones.

Again, I've not used the iphone, so I can't attest to how smooth it is. I will agree though that my bionic is not really all that smooth and refined. I much prefer the HTC Sense UI as far as the "polish" and intuitiveness of the product goes. I had a Thunderbolt before this that was rooted with a de-bloated Sense ROM on it that I really liked a lot. It was almost just as fast as the bionic (at least to me) even though it only had a single core processor. I may root the bionic soon, I just need to find out what the best ROMs are.

I do like that I can sync up pretty much everything with the android and it works well most of the time. I use PCs though, not Mac. I'd imagine iphone would sync up pretty seamlessly to a Mac computer.

I'm glad this conversation hasn't devolved into "my stuff is better than yours."

-Rob

89notch
12-10-2011, 07:21 AM
I previously had a PC and it would sync well through iTunes. They also have launched iCloud and that works like a champion. I have recently switched to a Mac and I've noticed it does appear to sync flawlessly every time. When I come home and hit my wifi network that my Mac is connected to it will automatically sync without me doing anything.

blown96cobra
12-11-2011, 02:17 AM
Is July the official or speculated date?

I work for at&t. July is what the reps are telling me.

djom1cincy
12-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I work for at&t. July is what the reps are telling me.

Sweet. I'm due for a upgrading but have been putting it off. Looks like I'll root my incredible and hold off.

JET50213
12-11-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm not real good with technology, so I never took advantage of all the things I could do with my Droid. It mostly frustrated me when I would try to do something out of the ordinary. I recently switched to the 4s and loved it immediately. I bought a Macbook shortly before getting the phone, so that certainly helped me make the switch. I don't have to "figure out" how to sync everything, it just happens! My wife was a little jealous of Siri at first, so I bought her a 4s too. She a Mac person, so she's extatic! Droid is cool...Siri is the bees knees!

bangingears
12-11-2011, 07:08 PM
its got siri!!!!!

check this funny vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CILgMghDIcE&feature=player_embedded