Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
tremec 3550 [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : tremec 3550

859tkw
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
so i bought a 3550 from a guy and it doesn't downshift to second gear is this normal? i called the guy and he says it is but i've heard from others that is isn't. it upshifts fine unless you try to shift fast then it doesn't want to go in but shifts fine through other gears up and down is this normal?

859tkw
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
i meant doesn't shift fast into second

Black Horse
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Not normal...sounds like the syncro is trashed or the shift fork is bent

blown96cobra
12-02-2011, 11:21 AM
negative........ive had several of them and they are all difficult to downshift period. Google TR3550 Downshifting problems and you see what im talking about. Everyone ive had I had to act like im upshifting and then downshift..something about it speeding up the synchros. There a very tough transmission vs. a T5 but they do not shift anything like a T5 so if thats what your expecting your gonna be dissappointed. The other thing to check is your fluid type and level. Make sure you have 2.8qts of syncromesh if you overfill it you gonna have issues, clutch adjustment is also key with those trannys, if the clutch adjustment isnt perfect they will be a b*#$h to shift.

Jrcmutang
12-02-2011, 11:31 AM
AMEN HAHA............

SCHMUCKINGHAM
12-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I have a 3550 built and I have no issues, didnt have any issues when I got it either.

jad0087
12-02-2011, 02:35 PM
ive also had a 3550 tko II for about two years with zerio issues like that

NXcoupe
12-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Shouldn't do that if it's a fresh trans. When they are hard to shift like that Josh, it's time to yank it and toss in a set of blocker rings. I'm going to try a set of those new carbon fiber units, but heard some horror stories about them breaking down as well.

blown96cobra
12-02-2011, 04:41 PM
maybe ive never been lucky enough to get my hands on a fresh one.

Galaxie
12-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I have one that was supposed to be low miles and you cannot powershift into third . I dont know if it being a turbo car is not helping but its out and ready to go somewhere to get fixed . I have no downshifting problems at all .

NXcoupe
12-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I have one that was supposed to be low miles and you cannot powershift into third . I dont know if it being a turbo car is not helping but its out and ready to go somewhere to get fixed . I have no downshifting problems at all .

What model is it? If it's a 500 or 600 from the earlier production runs, they had a recall on the shift lugs up inside the trans. It would not go into third on a fast shift, it would either go into a neutral or just not move up. Simple fix tho. Could just be worn out too, no way to tell without pulling it apart.

859tkw
12-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Bad part is the guy garanteed it to be good then aparently don't want to stand behind it telling me thats normal!

Galaxie
12-03-2011, 10:52 AM
What model is it? If it's a 500 or 600 from the earlier production runs, they had a recall on the shift lugs up inside the trans. It would not go into third on a fast shift, it would either go into a neutral or just not move up. Simple fix tho. Could just be worn out too, no way to tell without pulling it apart.

Its actually just a 3550 . I had not planned on beating on it but just have not been able to resist . This is a daily driver work car in the warm weather .

blown96cobra
12-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I sold u that tranny and it is good i drove it before i bought it. I told u to check the fluid and make sure your clutch adjustment is correct. If you dont have the damn thing lined up correctly it will cause these issues as well I just went through this with mine. You bought a used transmission and paid way less than the going rate, I drove it around the block it went through all the gears fine and i even downshifted it a few times and didnt have issues it was a little stiff but still downshifted fine. Youve jacked something up on the installation, go over the clutch adjustment,check the fluid and make sure everything correct before you get on here trying to flame me newb.

blown96cobra
12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Shouldn't do that if it's a fresh trans. When they are hard to shift like that Josh, it's time to yank it and toss in a set of blocker rings. I'm going to try a set of those new carbon fiber units, but heard some horror stories about them breaking down as well.

it wasnt sold as a fresh tranny mike it was a used 3550 that steve and got in a car we bought and parted out. We both drove the car around the block and the tranny shifted fine, it actually shifted better than the one I was running in my coupe at the time. We both went through every gear and downshifted from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd with no problems other than it was just a little bit stiff.

GREAZY
12-03-2011, 10:08 PM
One bad down shift and they will they will have problems. I let a friend drive mine at the track one night and he downshifted second slowing down after the trap and it was the last time it down shifted to second.

I bought another car same issue and the guy told me he did the same.

Took the trans out and the syncro teeth were laid over.

I bought replacement parts from Hanlon Motorsports and had Brian at Finish Line rebuild it. It shifted better than new after that.

You can downshift a tremec with out issue if you dont try to put it a gear when going to fast and go in order no 5th-2nd down shifts.

sc30687notch
12-06-2011, 10:59 AM
ive had many tremec's built several mustangs been on this board since it started lets face it the tranny is nothing u said it was i helped build this car this tranny is flat out junk I dont appreciate u on here stated alll this bull, u sold us a bad tranny and sounds to me that ur not holding up your side of when u said i guarentee its good any problems i will take care of it. Why dont u just say it that u never even tried the trans out because if u would of u wouldn't be on the board selling it because its junk. yeah im upset over this deal all this work and just knowing i got had by 1 of my fellow stangbangerz buddys it piss u off too, so one of too things u can make it right buy it back or buy a rebuild kit for us and i will rebuild it myself or go find a website that sells junk and advertise ur stuff there! sorry might sound a little harsh but u ask anyone on this board that knows me i'm a man of my word anything i sell i stand behind it

sc30687notch
12-06-2011, 11:03 AM
show me what i did wrong if its in the installation, ive only done about 30 of them

blown96cobra
12-06-2011, 12:04 PM
ive had many tremec's built several mustangs been on this board since it started lets face it the tranny is nothing u said it was i helped build this car this tranny is flat out junk I dont appreciate u on here stated alll this bull, u sold us a bad tranny and sounds to me that ur not holding up your side of when u said i guarentee its good any problems i will take care of it. Why dont u just say it that u never even tried the trans out because if u would of u wouldn't be on the board selling it because its junk. yeah im upset over this deal all this work and just knowing i got had by 1 of my fellow stangbangerz buddys it piss u off too, so one of too things u can make it right buy it back or buy a rebuild kit for us and i will rebuild it myself or go find a website that sells junk and advertise ur stuff there! sorry might sound a little harsh but u ask anyone on this board that knows me i'm a man of my word anything i sell i stand behind it

Im not arguing with you, you bought a used transmission that me and another member checked out and found to be good, three months later you wanna bitch about it not downshifting. Its really hard to believe it took three months to figure out there was a problem with it. Sounds to me like youve ripped the shit out of it and now that winters here you want a free rebuild. Truth be told that tranny wasnt even mine it belonged to steve 700hp04mystic i just delivered the damn thing since he was working 6 12s in columbus if youve got a problem with it pm him he made the cash off of it not me. I was just trying to help out by listing and delivering his parts while he was at work.

700hp04mystic
12-06-2011, 12:52 PM
FIRST OFF THE TRANNY SHIFTED FINE WHEN I TOOK IT OUT NOW 3 MONTHS LATER ITS BAD. THATS A GOOD ONE ALSO IF IT WAS YOUR DD AND YOU TOLD JOSH YOU TORE THE TRANNY OUT OF YOUR CAR THE FIRST DAY U HAD IT. SO IM JUST SAYING THAT TRANNY SHIFTED FINE WHEN I TOOK IT OUT IM NOT MAKING EXCUSES ABOUT SHIT I PRICED THE TRANNY TO JOSH HE LISTED IT ON HERE MARKED THE PRICE UP OVER WHAT I TOLD HIM TO MAKE A BUCK AND I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT BUT IM JUST TELLING YOU IT SHIFTED FINE IF YOU HAD ISSUSE YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM SOONER THAN 3 MONTHS LATER.

700hp04mystic
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM

IF YOU HAVE HAD SO MANY TREMEC AND BUILT CAR WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO FIGURE OUT THAT THE TRANNY HAD ISSUES THAT MAKES ME THINK YOU EITHER CANT SHIFT AND NOW YOUR TRYING TO BLAME IT ON A JUNK TRANNY.

859tkw
12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
mystic is gonna take care of it turns out he didn't know the hole story nor did i. i didn't know it was his transmission until on here and he didn't know i called the first day i drove the car about the problem i recomend anyone buying anything from him bypass him and go to mystic prob his stuff anyway and then less lies and problems he seems like a good guy to deal with!!!!

NXcoupe
12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to get in the middle of this, just trying to help another banger out.

700hp04mystic
12-08-2011, 09:36 PM
no big deal i just will sell my own stuff insted of trying to give people the chance to make money on my stuff i cut my proffits to try and help other people get by and end up loosing money in the long run. live and learn....

blown96cobra
12-08-2011, 11:49 PM
The only thing u bought from me was a pro 5.0 shifter so unless your bitching about that too this needs to stop! I'll tolerate a lot of shit outta people but calling me a liar isnt one of them. I've sold countless things on here and bent over backwards for members on this board so you trying to bash me over HIS transmission is just stupid i understand your pissy but your going about this all the wrong way. There's a lot more to this than is being told and I shouldve known better than to depend on steve to do anythjng other than look out for his own ass. Unbelievable!!!

cobra429boss
12-09-2011, 02:09 AM
LOL the two guys who made me look like shit over a 60 dollar debt went and fucked another banger on a tranny.. well i guess that makes you two no better than me.. Come on now

blown96cobra
12-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Shut up dumbass I didn't fuck anyone on anything! Stop spewing fuckin venom before you get smacked I'm not in a joking mood about this.

jktruckin06
12-09-2011, 09:12 AM
I wish I could use the popcorn icon on my phone...

blown96cobra
12-09-2011, 10:33 AM
:popcorn:..................there ya go,did it for ya!

700hp04mystic
12-09-2011, 12:09 PM
LOL the two guys who made me look like shit over a 60 dollar debt went and fucked another banger on a tranny.. well i guess that makes you two no better than me.. Come on now

fuck you bastard dont ever compare me to you you sell shit you dont even own. i never fuck him, i didnt no he was having problem until i talked to him directly and i made it right so if you want to run your mouth on someone go back to your job at sucking dick you mother fucker. if thats not good enough for just call me 740-418-5833 and id be glad to take care of it in person.

cobra429boss
12-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Shut up dumbass I didn't fuck anyone on anything! Stop spewing fuckin venom before you get smacked I'm not in a joking mood about this.

No threats will be tolerated on this board I dont care who you are.. and looks like it came back around on ya..

cobra429boss
12-09-2011, 12:37 PM
fuck you bastard dont ever compare me to you you sell shit you dont even own. i never fuck him, i didnt no he was having problem until i talked to him directly and i made it right so if you want to run your mouth on someone go back to your job at sucking dick you mother fucker. if thats not good enough for just call me 740-418-5833 and id be glad to take care of it in person.

lol that post still doesnt make you better than anyone else. You all sold this guy a beat up POS tranny .. Thats the bottom line... I took care of my deals now lets see how you handle this..

blown96cobra
12-09-2011, 12:46 PM
its already handled mouth, the best thing you can do is stay outta other peoples threads and mind your own business, I would highly advise you not to poke the bear(steve) or he'll bite your goddamn head off!

700hp04mystic
12-09-2011, 12:48 PM
did you not see the other post where i made it right you dumb fuck. i make no threats if you wernt such a bitch ass you wouldnt take it that way. and another thing unlike you i didnt have to wait on my welfare check to make it right. you still owe josh because your a bitch haha end of story.

700hp04mystic
12-09-2011, 12:54 PM
thing is i bought a car and parted it out and the tranny i guess had a issue,you on the other hand are a broke ass bitch that had to straight fuck someone out of less than 100 bucks on parts you dont have or even had the money to buy to resell for that matter. hahahaha

cobra429boss
12-09-2011, 12:56 PM
:bigthumb:lol:
did you not see the other post where i made it right you dumb fuck. i make no threats if you wernt such a bitch ass you wouldnt take it that way. and another thing unlike you i didnt have to wait on my welfare check to make it right. you still owe josh because your a bitch haha end of story.

i dont owe him shit.. i just stirrin the pot, but on a real note, im just fuckin with you guys cause you all fucked with me.. its all good hope you did make it right..

jktruckin06
12-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Man I'm glad I had that popcorn... thanks cobra

700hp04mystic
12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
trust me i made it right i didnt no anything about it until 2 nights ago i sold the tranny 3 months ago and right away took care of it. end of story im a man of my word.

blown96cobra
12-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Man I'm glad I had that popcorn... thanks cobra

yessir................

blown96cobra
12-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I think its time for a mod to lock this thread the problem is handled and theres no reason to leave this open any longer its just gonna result in a bunch of shit talking and aggrivation.

sc30687notch
12-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I think its time for a mod to lock this thread the problem is handled and theres no reason to leave this open any longer its just gonna result in a bunch of shit talking and aggrivation.

Just want to say thanks for taking care of my buddy on tranny I know he feels a lot better about it now knowing the situation also come on fella's were all buddies on here some times it takes a little smack to get things handled its all good now thanks to anyone involved anyone want to buy a tremec lol