Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Ipad or new laptop? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ipad or new laptop?

beefcake
11-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Wifes laptop is a few years old and pretty slow compared to mine. I was thinking about getting her a new one, but she keeps telling me how she likes the ipads.

She hasn't ever actually used one though.

We keep the desktp upstairs if she needs to print or do anything. We keep the laptops downstairs in the living room, to check email and stuff while watching tv or whatever.

She would mostly be using it to check emails, surf the web, look at fb etc..

For those that have ipads, how have they done for you, are you happy with them, do you have regrets, or are you pleased?

adragon72
11-29-2011, 10:23 AM
i purchased one for my wife for the same resons and guess what. she hardly ever uses the dam thing. its cool to play with but, i wouldnt get one as a replacment, it works great and we have never had an issue with ours.

Pitbull1052
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
We use to have touch screen lap tops for work now we have Ipad 2's and we like them a lot Beef. I purchased otter box cases for them and a nice little carrying handle/strap. They are a 5th of the weight of a lap top they don't get hot like a laptop does you can charge them from anywhere car, office even from you computer the screen is a good size and if she's familiar with an ipod or iphone it's a no brainer........ the only complaint we have is we use them for estimating and when they do there's a drawing of the item to be repaired and they don't make a stylus that's pin point rather than a blunt tip. We've been using them now for about 6 months.

cstreu1026
11-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I just got an iPad last week and so far I like it but its no replacement for a regular computer. I find typing on it to be a real PITA.

Goober
11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
iPad = No Flash Player = the sux0rz

Now a higher end Android tablet on the other hand...

89notch
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
iPad = No Flash Player = the sux0rz

Now a higher end Android tablet on the other hand...

You can watch flash on an ipad now. iswifter works perfect

svtmofo
11-29-2011, 05:44 PM
I Pad... just that simple

Camaro86SHOCKER
11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Go with the iPad!!!

Android SUCKS!!!! Nothing but constant problems. Dont even look at the junk tablets, their all just copies of the real thing, and nowhere near as good. Trust me i have worked for Verizon for a long time and have tons of time invested with so many tablets. The iPad is by far the best and im not even a huge apple fanatic.

IPad 2 is the way to go buddy. I have a new laptop and a ipad and i dont even turn the computer on unless im gonna sit and write out a paper or do alot of printing. Battery life is amazing and it will not let you down. Theres almost nothing it doesnt do.

Blackout
11-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I have an Android phone and have no problems with it and it's going on 2 years. Now Ipad and the tablets may be a little different.

I just had to make this decision just the other day and decided to just get another laptop. I also fixed one of my kids small little dell mini 10's they are the little laptop. But right now you can get a laptop for around $300 for an OK unit.

Byrd Man
11-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Cool thread... Thanks Beef

Katmandu
11-29-2011, 08:55 PM
right now you can get a laptop for around $300 for an OK unit.Down to $249 at Wally World for a fullsized laptop. :bigthumb

What's the cheapest IPad ??? :confused:

KYGTP
11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I got the wife a HP slate, and it is a small touch screen laptop. It will do anything a computer will do. Plus you can hook a keyboard up to it and it has several USB ports too.

Ipads are pretty cool, I thought that they did not do flash, but it sounds like the newest ones do.

I was on the phone with a friend of mine the other day and I was telling him about something to look at on the net, well he was using a Ipad and I was using my laptop, well, he was not able to see it due to his Ipad not having flash. And his Ipad is not that old either. Maybe it is a app you download, I don't know since I don't have one.

bangingears
11-29-2011, 09:34 PM
I own many apple products, but.........they are sooooo far behind its not even funny. People waited in line to be the first to get iphones with a led flash......really people, ohhh 8 mp camera, apple products needing third party apps just to stay current with the times. Get something with an android OS or a 12'' laptop so you can get a semi speedy processor. just my 2 cents

BIZLE
11-29-2011, 09:37 PM
i really like the kindle fire you can pick them up for $200 bucks
im sure their are better ones out their but for 200 bones im very happy

Rick93coupe
11-30-2011, 12:20 AM
I have a personal iphone 4, a company iphone 4 and a company ipad2. The iphones are great. They Ipad is so so. It's not that there's anything wrong with it, but resizing things all the time to click links with your fingers, the lack of the flash player (apparently fixed with an app) and typing are a pain. Now they do make a bluetooth keyboard that could fix the typing issue but your still switching between the keyboard and touching the screen to move around the screen. It's seamless with a pc. Also keep in mind that your basic laptop comes with way more hard drive capacity, photo readers and usb ports on most. .02