Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
My vehicles are acting up! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My vehicles are acting up!

duststang
11-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Weird things happening to my vehicles GT and Trailblazer SS.
The battery went dead on my 06 GT so I replaced it. The drive side window when I rolled up it would automatic go half way down? This morning check engine light came on so I went to check the DTS and the scanner could not read 3 times. The gauges started moving around doing system checks (fuel,brakes,etc.). I gave it some time and tried checking DTS again and it worked (P0172 rich code) I cleared it. Not sure what is happening?

I was in my Trailblazer in drive through and heard a bad knocking sounded like a rod (crazy loud). Thinking it was my motor I jumped out and crawled under to find that it is coming from the catalytic converter. Must have broken lose and rattling around. I drove it home and now you can hear more of a rattle than a knock. I am very glad was not the motor but now need to replace Cat. I guess I will get headers and a Y pipe. The fuel gauge is all over the place one min you have full tank next it show empty (I keep it filled). guess I will need to replace this.

adragon72
11-29-2011, 09:51 AM
I know this might sound strange but look for signs of squirrels or rodents. I have just repaired a lot of wiring issues from this; fuel tank harness and injector harness just this past week end.

firestang70
11-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Your alt may have gone bad. It can cause those issues. you can reset the window if it still does it after you find the issue with the charging system. The procedure for that will be in your manual. good luck.

bestracing
11-29-2011, 12:08 PM
I was in my Trailblazer in drive through and heard a bad knocking sounded like a rod (crazy loud). Thinking it was my motor I jumped out and crawled under to find that it is coming from the catalytic converter. Must have broken lose and rattling around. I drove it home and now you can hear more of a rattle than a knock. I am very glad was not the motor but now need to replace Cat. I guess I will get headers and a Y pipe. The fuel gauge is all over the place one min you have full tank next it show empty (I keep it filled). guess I will need to replace this.

Knock out the Cat crap (cash it in) and then get a rear O2 simulator or have someone program out the rear O2 and you're set.

Other option, GM warranties the Cat for 8 years or 80K miles. So if your SS has less than 80K on the odo then it should be covered. This is a Federal Emmission standard

evil8
11-29-2011, 01:12 PM
The Russians fired an EMP.

pegasus
11-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Dads caddy had the same problem with the fuel gauge and about a week later the pump went out

duststang
11-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Knock out the Cat crap (cash it in) and then get a rear O2 simulator or have someone program out the rear O2 and you're set.

Other option, GM warranties the Cat for 8 years or 80K miles. So if your SS has less than 80K on the odo then it should be covered. This is a Federal Emmission standard

I didnt know the warrenty was like that I thought once the 5 year warrenty was up I was up a creek. It only has 50k on it and is a 06 I will check into it.
Why the rear O2 program is needed when punch out the cat?

I just noticed the window is able to be re-programmed. it appears my day is getting better. thanks guys!! ;)

IWRBB
11-30-2011, 08:44 AM
I didnt know the warrenty was like that I thought once the 5 year warrenty was up I was up a creek. It only has 50k on it and is a 06 I will check into it.

I just noticed the window is able to be re-programmed. it appears my day is getting better. thanks guys!! ;)

Pays to read your owners manual!

bestracing
11-30-2011, 12:28 PM

For one the rear O2 monitors the health of the Cat and adjusts the fuel trim a little to maximize the efficiency of the conversion. With the guts gone the sensors output will be out of tolerance that the ECM is wanting and it will set a CEL and your vehicle will run a little richer than normal (safe mode).

Federal Emmisions mandate that the manufactures cover the Catalyst and ECM/OBD for 8 years/80K. Everything else falls under the manufacture warrenty. There are some other emmision parts under a 2yr/24K but most manufactures are now covering that with their overall bumper to bumper warrenty.

See Here--> http://www.epa.gov/oms/consumer/warr95fs.txt

duststang
12-01-2011, 07:23 AM
thanks this helpful.
I am dropping it off at dealer to replace the Cat tomorrow.

duststang
12-05-2011, 07:36 AM
thanks again guys, you saved me. I dropped the Trailblazer off at dealer and they replaced Cat. no charge.

bestracing
12-05-2011, 11:11 AM
thanks again guys, you saved me. I dropped the Trailblazer off at dealer and they replaced Cat. no charge.

:bigthumb That's great!!